StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

A Couple of New Suggestions....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
tobyz
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 209

tobyz is offline View user's profile Send private message tobyz's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 9:18 pm   Post subject: A Couple of New Suggestions.... Reply with quote

1) Have you ever considered setting up a alternate "Playlist/Requests" alphabetically by artist?

If I hear something I like by Paul Oakenfold, I have no idea where to look to find tracks from other movies with Oakenfold music. It ought to be easy to sort on the Artist column and build a new index from the results.

2) Would you consider inserting a couple of seconds of silence between tracks? Generally I'm listening to the audio stream as background music and one track blends into the other so seamlessly that I can't detect the start of a new track. For a while, I get lost in matching the track music to the album name. "Now Playing" doesn't refresh instantly when the new tracks begin.

-------

I'm a newbie...just registered today... with lots of questions/ideas [Smile]

Toby
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:57 am   Post subject: A Couple of New Suggestions.... Reply with quote

I don't know a whole lot, but you can use the search in the bottom left to look up artist on SST, and it will give you the names of other soundtracks they do. Also, there can be no silence between tracks, the crossfading is there to discourage "stream-ripping", which is illegal. I'm sure Jeric could explain better.
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:57 am   Post subject: A Couple of New Suggestions.... Reply with quote

I must say that I like the idea of cross referencing tracks by artist as well as by Sondtrack title. I do not know how you have the list set up but it "should" be "doable" The only problem situation would be where the ST is vy various atrists and the artist are not listed. A great suggestion.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:59 am   Post subject: A Couple of New Suggestions.... Reply with quote

1) Have you ever considered setting up a alternate "Playlist/Requests" alphabetically by artist?

Yes, I have to get everything into a database first. I'm trying to upgrade to PHP/MySQL ASAP. But I'm the only admin so it will take some time.

2) Would you consider inserting a couple of seconds of silence between tracks?

No, it seems the only people that want gaps are the people recording the stream which is against our policy. Gaps to me are a waste of time. I am not opposed to conducting a poll to see how other listeners prefer the song tansistions.

Thanks for the feedback.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
tobyz
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 209

tobyz is offline View user's profile Send private message tobyz's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:24 am   Post subject: A Couple of New Suggestions.... Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Jeric, is it not possible to export your current Playlist to a spreadsheet and sort it on the 'artist' column, then create an alternate playlist from the spreadsheet output? Then a little macro could automate the task whenever you insert additional tracks/albums into the main Playlist.

If there are a couple of hundred albums by "Various Artists", that's how it is.

OK, now I understand why there are not gaps in the music. I see that there are valid reasons to do that that go beyond my personal preferences. I can accept that.

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:38 am   Post subject: A Couple of New Suggestions.... Reply with quote

Jeric, is it not possible to export your current Playlist to a spreadsheet and sort it on the 'artist' column, then create an alternate playlist from the spreadsheet output? Then a little macro could automate the task whenever you insert additional tracks/albums into the main Playlist.
-No, the playlist has to be in a database as I mentioned before. I plan to use PHP/MySQL.

chriss_co
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 64

chriss_co is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website chriss_co's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 11:17 am   Post subject: A Couple of New Suggestions.... Reply with quote

Heres a suggestion: (it is very tedious and would be time-consuming to do but..)

What if there was some way that we could rate individual tracks from soundtracks as well? I know this would be hell to do but sometimes when i scroll through soundtracks to queue a particular track, im not sure which other tracks are good.. if there was a guide, such as ratings, i would be able to choose different tracks to listen to..

thanx
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:48 pm   Post subject: A Couple of New Suggestions.... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris:
Heres a suggestion: (it is very tedious and would be time-consuming to do but..)

What if there was some way that we could rate individual tracks from soundtracks as well? I know this would be hell to do but sometimes when i scroll through soundtracks to queue a particular track, im not sure which other tracks are good.. if there was a guide, such as ratings, i would be able to choose different tracks to listen to..

thanx

It can be done but with over 11,000 tracks, there is a lack of manpower, bandwidth and resources issue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: