StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

LIVE365 and YOU!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:49 am   Post subject: LIVE365 and YOU! Reply with quote

You see it sitting there, but yeh just can't bring yourself to click on it.

The Live365 link under the "LISTEN" section remains a link of mystery for many the unweary listener.

As of yesterday, Live365 upped the maximum bandwidth of their streams to 64K mp3PRO, and within hours SST upgraded its signal too.

The Live365 link is your path to 30 extra top quality 64k mp3PRO streams. And with the 125 streams we have through Mediacast1 already peaking in the middle of the day, Live365 might just be your Salvation.

A lot of you, (including myself at first) most likely think that Live365 requires it's own special player via their site. I'm happy to reveal that this isn't the case.

When listening to the Live365 stream you are indeed given the option to listen through your own player of choice. Including Winamp, QCD, or whatever else your player of preferrence may be.

What's more is if you find all this mp3PRO mumbo jumbo confusing you can simply listen through the Live365 player (available as an option through Live365) and hear the stream in its full mp3PRO potential without having to configure a single plugin.

The Live365 streams are a great, currently untapped, resource on SST and I definitely recommend you give 'em a try if you're one of our 64k listeners!
FrozenHan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 440

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I now towards the end of my work day the stream starts to get clunky. This will definitely help. Thanks man
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

clunky?

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he means, they get filled and he can't log on.... hm.
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my 10c worth here. I usually log on to shoutcast in the morning here and dont normally have a problem (maybe 1 time out of 10). I tried Live 365 and found the sound quality to be really good. The process by which you sign up is a bit confusing, and its unclear whether you need their player or not, I suspect not. I downloaded it anyway and its good quality.

The downside, is that you have to hear lots of ads for Live 365, which is a bit nerve racking. The encourage you to donate to be a VIP which removes the ads I suppose. This costs around $4.50 or so a month, which isnt that bad I suppose. They have a good selection of feeds, but SST is WAY down the list even for Soundtracks. They seem to feature Cinemascape, which is ok, but just a stream with a limited playlist, in my opinion.

I'll stick with SHOUTcast at this time, because I really have no reason not to.

Kork
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

While I think I heard ads the very first time I logged on, I do not hear any ads at all when I log on. I just hit play and it begins streaming through my winamp player.

The very first time you'll ever hit play it'll ask which default player you wish to use. As I remember, at the bottom of the lift is "other" and through there you can select winamp.

The typical thing a Live365 broadcaster does, is store his music on Live365's servers. SST on the other hand RELAYS our signal to them. This is the most likely reason why our Live365 signal has no ads. If you ARE hearing ads on our Live365 signal (besides our own SST sweepers, DUH), please say something here and tell us what player you're using, whether it be winamp or Live365's own player.

The reason SST is several spaces down the Live365 list is due their default list being based on "Total Listener Hours". To be at the top you need 10,000 hours or more. Right now, SST is somewhere between 1000 & 9,999.

"Total Listener Hours" is how long we have been broadcasting and with how many listeners. So if we were to have 30 people listen for 1 hour that would count as 30 "Listener Hours".

The more of you who listen through Live365 the sooner SST will move up and bump those wannabes off the list.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words al the regulars should register over there and listen to that stream?
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanna watch SST plow in there like a veritable Dreadnaught and knock all those other stations off their high-horse then yes. Smile
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Done, but no track list is a major drawback. And that stream is not very stable over here. It buffers quite a lot.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, thanks for the heads up.

One other thing, I couldn't figure out why some of you thought you can't listen through winamp. Turns out you need to sign in for free just once, and then you'll have access to your "Listening Preferrences" where you can tell it to stream through winamp.
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they are starting to read your FAQ's and you did not tell them how to sign in and use Winamp in there? Laughing
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... I'm actually considering doing a series of smaller Mean and Condenscending FAQ's. Wink
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

about that buffering on the live stream, it must have been a glitch it runs now for hours without any problems.

So if you want to choose a 64k stream, pick the live one. It will add all the hours people are listening to it, and will make this stream more popular over there.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me a dingus.. but for several seconds I stared at your post thinking "but all of our links are live..." until I realized you meant Live365. Razz
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal pointed this one out to me.

Once you get the Live365 signal running though your Winamp Player, you can then bookmark it in Winamp and then not have to bother with going through the Live365 site.

I knew you could bookmark other streams with Winamp, wasn't aware it'd work with Live365. Thanks Cal. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: