StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Potential Downtime Later This Week
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Ph33nx
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 2888

Ph33nx is offline View user's profile Send private message Ph33nx's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm gald that everyone is ok and not blow to Canada or something! Now lets get that power goin! Peace Out, Be Safe! Cool
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... just got off the phone with Jeric. They're fine but still without power.

Fortunately for them, only one thing happened to their house. Unfortunately for us, that one thing entailed a tree crashing through a window into Jeric's office and smashing the SST server along with it's monitor and serveral other devices.

I'm sorry to say this folks, but it's going to be a while before SST is back up and running, let alone back to the way it was before. Re-digitizing 1200+ CD's is no easy task, but Jeric should have it done within the next several weeks. We apologize for the inconvenience we're sure this will cause all of you, but I'm not sorry for totally screwing with you for the past couple paragraphs by making all this stuff up. ...Oh man, lol, if I could only see the looks on your faces right now. Smile Jeric's and his family are fine, as is the server. As soon as his power and internet connection are back, SST will be up and running as good as ever.

See yeh on the chat board.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

three thumbs up mate :-)
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

unlike my freakish mutant Dutch friend I can only give it 2 thumbs up. But Cocles my son you have once again done admirably!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Cocles you will never change. Wink

Just the idea of several weeks without SST to listen to would get me seriously on withdrawal symptoms... Very Happy

Oh, just a few days to wait... Thx for the update. Wink
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 41

Fanatic2k4 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Fanatic2k4's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf wrote:
Just the idea of several weeks without SST to listen to would get me seriously on withdrawal symptoms...

Would clicking on the stream every halfhour constitute as a withdrawl symptom? Four days off from school, and no ss to make it go by nicely.
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=Fanatic2k4]Would clicking on the stream every halfhour constitute as a withdrawl symptom? Four days off from school, and no ss to make it go by nicely.[/quote]

What sucks, for me at least, is that for the first time in months I have the opportunity to listen, away from home, while I work on projects at school and yet I have wait still. The fates conspire against us all! Mad I have not heard the stream in over a month and a rash is starting to form. Shocked (ewww!)
Cadet 2

Member#: 2888

Ph33nx is offline View user's profile Send private message Ph33nx's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wish there is some way we could help out! That poor server Sad. I think... I... might... cry! Peace out,love the world! Smile
heyzeus
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 675

heyzeus is offline View user's profile Send private message heyzeus's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear everybody is fine. That's what really matters here. Please keep us updated. Best of luck to all.
FrozenHan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 440

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

No SST and no beer make FrozenHan something something
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden
Norway Muriel VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously a very dull boy Razz
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Going without SST for over a week now has given some interesting new insights into our lovable little station. But what I find most interesting of all is just how blatantly lazy and stupid some of our listeners are.

Now don't get me wrong. The oldtimers (and even the regulars) have grown used to the multitude of dumb lazy newbs who began popping up as SST became more popular.

We've all seen things like...

Newbie: Hey, what's this sexy contest?
Cocmeister: Check the community forum.
Newbie: NO!
Cocmeister: Why not?
Newbie: I don't use the forum.

What's odd is while this may often be just sheer militant laziness, other times the users literally seem scared of the forum (as if they're any safer on the chatboard Wink).

Anyways, like I said, most of us have grown used to the sheer sloth some of these rodents exude....

Newbie: How do I do this?
CocHomieG: Check the FAQ.
Newbie: No, just tell me here.

It's been quite a quandry for me ever since I began helping out around here, figuring out how to get the word out on anything. And now, thanks to Hurricane Isabel, we got to see first hand just how brain-dead some of these fuzzy-nut, mouthbreathing soft skulled listeners can be.

You'll notice I didn't say "newb" just then. And the reason's simple. Lately, even the regulars are missing what's right in front of their face.

This is an epidemic! Newbie behavior is spreading and something must be done!

The hurricane message has been on the homepage all week, yet we still have people coming on the chat asking why the streams are down, or why they're asked for a password.

Now we all know people are lazy... but this is just blatant lack of intelligence. Doesn't it embarass them being that dumb? Probably not... much the same way toddlers aren't embarrassed by a stain on their shirt. I just wonder, how the hell these listeners are able to operate the computer needed to get to this site?

Some know-it-all's on the chat have said, "Well, Coc, what you don't understand is, people ignore things right in front of their face. You need to hide the info. Then, when they look for it, they find it and learn all the relelvent info you have to give them."

Three and a half words for yeh.... You're an idiot.
If that were true they'd look in the forum, which they don't, so you're a dingus. Sit down.

Usually I wouldn't bother making a long winded post about this subject since I'd much rather do it in the chat, but I think several of us we'll be glad to lamenate this little diddy in the forum for us to reminisce over when we're old and remembering the good ol' days.

So anyways, would one of you cretins like to explain your lack or reading comprehension? We're all very interested to learn!

I'm hoping all of this is just a lack of SST scrambling everyone's minds. Hopefully, when the stream goes back up so will everyone's IQ's.

Until then, I'll be in the FAQ section writing, "Cocles Happy Fun FAQ for Fuzznuts with a First Grade Reading Level." Complete with pop-ups, lots of pictures and a snuggly yellow Cocles Avatar to show you the way. Very Happy

Last edited by Cocles on Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles you poor thing! Very Happy
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Right Cal... you, Korkster and JK, have been rolling your eyes about this possibly even more than I have. Wink
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
Right Cal... you, Korkster and JK, have been rolling your eyes about this possibly even more than I have. ;)

Hell yeah, but I became a bit immune to it :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: