StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Chicago soundtrack
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Should it be added?
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 11 ]
No
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Selections
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Maybe/Don't Know
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 26

KaraokeStarr
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 3187

KaraokeStarr is offline View user's profile Send private message KaraokeStarr's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:36 am   Post subject: Chicago soundtrack Reply with quote

I think people would love to hear the music from the Academy award winning movie Chicago...I know I would Smile

Edited into a poll by JERIC.
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

NO!! Please!! NO!!!!!!
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I would like it as it would be in the same class as MR imho, but, there are score tracks on there as well as the songs. Perhaps a selection from the CD?
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I turned this into a poll.

Before I watched the movie I said definately NO! But after seeing it my answer is now Maybe/Don't Know.

I'll leave it up to the public.

If it were added it would have a low priority unless someone donated specifically for it.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Commander
Commander

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm voting for selections as I have no desire to hear the songs again and again. But hey. Thats me. Were it up to me I would ban most of the MR tracks as well. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of it :-)
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Never heard of it Smile

Nah, the movie only won best picture last year. Wouldn't know why you would. Wink
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
Caliburn wrote:
Never heard of it Smile

Nah, the movie only won best picture last year. Wouldn't know why you would. Wink

Can't recall they were advertising this movie in the Netherlands. We Europeans prolly have better taste Cool
Commander
Commander

Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I would love to argue with Cal over the good taste remark, I think this time he does have a point. Rolling Eyes My wife saw the stage play and then the movie and says the stage play was way better.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with Cal. That's why there's more Euro SST listeners than there are Americans. Razz

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Goblinmoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the movie although it didn't hit me like Moulin Rouge did (and no we're not going to open that can of worms up again). I would say that there are a few tracks that might be fun to have on. Not many but there's a few I would like to hear. The All that Jazz is pretty neat and very different than the one for the show, so that would be good...

Goblin
USA Trinity3777
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 124

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

jk2silly wrote:
Quote:
My wife saw the stage play and then the movie and says the stage play was way better.

That's because theatre is a better medium than film. Wink However, I did enjoy the movie, but Gangs of New York should of won best pic...or at least Daniel-Day-Lewis for best actor, but oh well, I guess we shouldn't regret the past.
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My wife saw the stage play and then the movie and says the stage play was way better.

I saw the play many moons ago (Bibi Neworth and Marilu Henner were the stars at the time) and say I enjoyed the movie more than the play. Not that the play wasn't good, but I just think the imagined parts were much easier to execute/translate in the on screen version. And before anyone can say well maybe you don't like plays, I'll add that the Lion King play was far and away better than the movie, IMHO.

I also thought the music was good, cell block tango being my favorite, but have to agree with JK, on score tracks only, the MR stuff just holds no appeal for me, and most of Chicago would fall into the category.
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not see the stage play, but know people that did, and they are about 50-50 on merits. But, they all liked the music. Im not sure why there is so much debate on Chicago, when we have other musicals that get rather extensive play, such as Moulin Rouge. Personally, I didnt care that much for the movie Moulin Rouge, but havent really reacted violently to the soundtrack.

So, all in all, why NOT Chicago? Its probably not much different that any other movie soundtrack, except that its a musical on film, like Moulin Rouge, Music Man, etc. I understand the argument about "scores" vs "songs", but if you exclude Chicago on that basis, there are an awful lot of soundtracks we'd have to exclude or remove. After all this is streamingSOUNDTRACKS.com not streamingSCORES.com right? LOL

Just my 2c worth.

Kork
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kork, one second you sound like a regular who knows what's going on, the next you sound like whiney ass newb.

I've already discussed these points with you.

Jumping the debate over into a different thread does not make the counter-arguments magically disappear.

.... and for the rest of you. We call it Streamingsoundtracks because it's a great way to root out the idiots who don't know what those terms mean.

We call it soundtracks because we also have games and TV... not because we have stageplays & musicals.

I'm sick of repeating this debate.... especially when I'm not having to do it to the same person who won't get a clue.

I've already explained Moulin to you, Kork.

I've also already told you there's a thread where our playlist policy is discussed.

Get off your lazy ass and go find it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: