StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Pay to request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:47 am   Post subject: Pay to request Reply with quote

See my post in the 'req's/hour' thread
USA Hart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 53

Hart is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Hart's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:07 am   Post subject: Pay to request Reply with quote

Jeric has a recommended donation scale:
$5 a month for 24
$10 for 128
I donate $20.00 every month, mainly because I know a lot of people are not going to donate anything. I just don't know if making a donation mandatory is that good of an idea, once that line is crossed you can't come back. It just doesn't feel user friendly to me and yet I understand the
need for non donators to have an incetive. Classic game theory of givers and takers, its almost funny.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:05 am   Post subject: Pay to request Reply with quote

With the royalty payment coming due soon, and if I had to implement a subscription service, I would charge $5/mo. for access to both streams. I think that is still fair. And we'll should all be lucky if SST is still around to charge that amount. My dream was for SST to be 100% free to everyone and the only money I would get is from record sales which of course I accpet in payments of gift certificates and then I use that to buy more content. It is coming to the point now that SST is selling something at Amazon.com almost every day! What a promotional machine SST is!!! But that isn't enough for the RIAA. They are going to charge us for the money I make on the very records I sell for them. Is that not insane?The RIAA is forcing this. To use a quote I seen in RAIN, "watching this is like watching an assisted suicide". That hits the nail right on the head into the coffin.

Sorry to get off topic but doomsday is soon.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: