StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Ennio Morricone
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA BuyerQueen
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:47 am   Post subject: Ennio Morricone Reply with quote

Am I the only one who thinks Ennio Morricone sucks? I know of one person who has asked for his soundtracks, but I'm starting to think maybe it's Ennio himself. I try to appreciate and tolerate all kinds of music, but I'm having trouble here. What are your opinions on this "composer"?
Commander

Member#: 12

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 12:22 pm   Post subject: Ennio Morricone Reply with quote

I dont think you are the only one who hate Ennio here at sst - unfortunately. Ennio has not asked for any soundtracks here, I did. I have noticed that some people dont like his music, and I accept that. I admit that much of his music is somewhat "different", and then I guess its just a question about taste. Personally I am a BIG fan, and I admire him for all the work he has done. Take a look at his HUGE filmography @ IMDb:
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Morricone,%20Ennio

Give that man an Oscar! [Big Grin]
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 98

loveslave is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website loveslave's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:26 am   Post subject: Ennio Morricone Reply with quote

Thumbs up for Ennie Morricone from me, too. I don't mind the whistling in the western soundtracks at all. Au contraire (sp?).
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 298

EyeDea is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail EyeDea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:03 pm   Post subject: Ennio Morricone Reply with quote

I will admit his music is somewhat differnt, but still, well in my eyes, very brilliant. I think all his western stuff is "respectable" but not the hight of his brilliance. Listen "THe Mission" almost every track aside from a few, are 10/10's
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:02 am   Post subject: Ennio Morricone Reply with quote

I'm ashamed to say that I like Ennio Morricone. His music is fun.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:52 am   Post subject: Ennio Morricone Reply with quote

Why are you ashamed of what you like?
Norway Sensei
Commander
Commander

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 10:07 am   Post subject: Ennio Morricone Reply with quote

Yeah, why be ashamed? I am proud to be a true and faithful Morriconian! [Wink] And btw, he has made lots of more "serious" music too, not only the funny westerns.
Lieutenant

Member#: 298

EyeDea is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail EyeDea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:17 pm   Post subject: Ennio Morricone Reply with quote

I think some of the credit given to em should be the fact that he has SOO MANY compostions. let alone how wonderful most of them are.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:26 am   Post subject: Ennio Morricone Reply with quote

I like him. The Mission was one of my earlier favorite soundtracks.
markinboone
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 316

markinboone is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail markinboone's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:31 am   Post subject: Ennio Morricone Reply with quote

His score for Zefarelli's Hamlet is outstanding. He is very good at capturing the essence of a film and translating into very appropriate scores.

I had an LP of the score he did for a film with Kirk Douglas called "The Chosen" (when it played on HBO in the early 80s - it has other titles in international markets). Very intense.

I never got into the Westerns, but they are certainly not quintessential Morricone by any means.
YuHirà
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 341

YuHirà is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YuHirà's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:20 am   Post subject: Ennio Morricone Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gecko:
I like him. The Mission was one of my earlier favorite soundtracks.

It's the first soundtrack I discovered and I'm still keen on it. But I agree with fact that Ennio Morricone is not a perfect Composer. There are a few Soundtracks that I would throw away.
Cadet 4

Member#: 341

YuHirà is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YuHirà's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:36 am   Post subject: Ennio Morricone Reply with quote

Streamingsoundtracks plays at the time "Gabriel's Oboe"... Finally it's the best work of Ennio Morricone. Just perfection...
Cadet 1

Member#: 406

Peter is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Peter's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:54 am   Post subject: Ennio Morricone Reply with quote

I like him, alot. I like his use of music cues and references in pieces that suggest a higher goal than merely "backdroping" a scene.

For instance, the Good/Bad/Ugly..... forget the recognizable whistle melody that everyone knows, and think of the scene where the bridge is being blown up. Long trumpet notes over a distant background of civil-war-ear military calls. It suggests (to me at least) a quiet acceptance of this awe-ful situation. It's a bunch a killing without this music, it's a statement about the horrors of battle with it.

My 2 cents... -P
Norway Sensei
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:59 pm   Post subject: Ennio Morricone Reply with quote

This world needs more people like you Peter. Very Happy I agree with you 100%! Everyone knows the GBU theme and I keep hearing it on cellphones (included my own Very Happy and from peoples whistling it. Very few, though, has discovered the true beauty of the many other tracks. In addition to the part you mentioned there are many "forgotten" beauties. E.g. "La Missione San Antonio", "Padre Ramirez" "La Storia Di Un Soldato", "L'estasi Dell'oro" (Which Metallica has taken lots of credit for Mad , and last but not least "Il Triello"! The 21 track version of the soundtrack was released only a few years ago and before that there was only the one with 11 tracks. Still there is quite a lot of unreleased music. Anyways, the 21 track version is great.

Enjoy!
Cadet 2

Member#: 1415

Harry_Palmer is offline View user's profile Send private message Harry_Palmer's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 5:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennio Morricone is one of my favourites. I cannot think of anyone else who has done so many scores of high quality. He's done some that are quite impossible to listen to as well but they are quite few.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: