StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Memberships for Requests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:05 pm   Post subject: Memberships for Requests Reply with quote

This is a poll to see the percentage of listeners who would be willing to pay $2.00 to be able to make requests on the system.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:50 pm   Post subject: Memberships for Requests Reply with quote

Two polls about the same subject, this is getting really serious.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:24 am   Post subject: Memberships for Requests Reply with quote

I agree with the system. Like this we get shorter lists and people cant abuse the request system.

Jeric is killing two problems with one stone... [Big Grin]
Lieutenant

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:46 am   Post subject: Memberships for Requests Reply with quote

Wolf, you just reminded me that Jeric recently reduced the Played list to 25 because it consumed bandwidth, I bet he won't be saving too much bandwidth if these cretins keep building such long request lists.
Cadet 3

Member#: 147

expat is offline View user's profile Send private message expat's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:52 am   Post subject: Memberships for Requests Reply with quote

Can't quite figure out if whoever is making the queue so long is FOR the pay system, and trying to prove the need for it, or are against the system, and trying to get in as many requests as they can before it begins, in which case they're still doing a good job of proving the necessity for change although that may not be their intention...
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:58 am   Post subject: Memberships for Requests Reply with quote

If the queue insists on being this long I'm afraid I will have to reduce requests to 1 or 2 per 12-24 hours.

I am keeping an eye on the request logs and so far I do not see anything suspicious. However, I did ban one person for requesting 6 songs within 5 minutes though. I banned them from requesting not listening. I think it may be time for me to go through the server logs and ban more streamrippers. That way I can weed out some of the leechers out there.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
esparvel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:36 pm   Post subject: Memberships for Requests Reply with quote

Definitely it seems that something must be done. Now even at certain hours over the weekend you can see that the queue grows endless.

Some ideas:

- In order to request you have to be registered and/or have contributed

- Cutting the queue when there are more than ten songs in it, ignoring any request coming and counting already as a request

- Only allowing requests to those who are listening atm

These ideas don't exclude each other, and probably people can suggets better ideas than mine. However, I guess that 1/12 or 1/24 wouldn't solve the problem it just would produce huge peaks of requests followed by ethernal boring automatic picking (full of Moulin Rouge *puke, puke*). Also this would mean that the party poopers have won and ruined this place.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: