StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Commercials

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Trinity3777
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 124

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:23 pm   Post subject: Commercials Reply with quote

OK...I've listened to this website for a while now, and although I don't post much I still consider myself a very active member. These little commercials/instructions on streamingsoundtracks.com are becoming very annoying. I'm right in the middle of listening to wonderful music and working right along with it when I'm interrupted and my train of thought comes to a halt. Is there any way to cut these announcements on the air, or at least make them much briefer? Sorry to sound mean, but I guess I became spoiled by the non-interrupted music I've heard for the past couple years on this great website.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, you're spoiled.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My co-worker looked at me in a weird way when I was talking along with the announcer one day Smile

I know now each announcement literally. Even the MP3pro one Cool
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll eventually have more made, and then it'll sound less redundant.
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'll jump in and say... UHM..what do you want for free? Have you listened to your radio lately? Here on SST you get an "announcement" about every 8th to 10th song that lasts for oh..maybe 10 seconds. Occasionally, maybe once an hour you get the MP3Pro promo. Big deal.

Bottom line, JERIC et all, dont do much advertising here at all, except a few visual plugs for movies and amazon.com. Remember that they are rebroadcast via Shoutcast and Live365, so its a good thing that they identify themselves to get more listeners.

If you consider other stations on the net, you get MANY more commericals OR you have to pay a fee to get "adless or interruption less" programming. SST doesnt do that, of which Im very grateful.

Kork
Norway Muriel VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the idea someone made some time ago about SST commercials in more languages. Same theme and dialogue (like i.e. "Your online source for listening to soundtracks. Streamingsoundtracks.com") for all the different versions, only making them differ in language. I'll deffinately be willing to make the norwegian one Smile
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler...thats really a great idea, and Im in Texas (tho a few people might argue we have our own language). We have a fairly international group here..that might be a way to get some variety that Cocles was talking about.

Another idea would be for some of the regular listeners to make a short promo...a 10sec variety and that would give a variety also, plus kind give the station a "personal" flavor (not that it already isnt).

Kork
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: