StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How did you get your nickname
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Techie-Micheal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 8994

Techie-Micheal is offline View user's profile Send private message View Techie-Micheal's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my name is Bob and I'm a construction worker. Oh wait. Uhm. ^_^ Actually, I'm a certified computer technician and my name is Micheal. Naturally, it just fit. You'll see me in quite a few places. Google for Techie-Micheal if you want to know more about me. ^_^
Wyn
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 9690

Wyn is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wyn's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

jk2silly wrote:
It was from the Piers Anthony "Myth" book series. I was named after the the adolescent dragon Gleep. Laughing

This could've been corrected long ago, but I'm not sure I'll get through all of the posts, tonight.. So, I'll go ahead and correct it. Apologies, if I'm being redundant.

Piers Anthony didn't write the Myth books. The Myth books, which told the tales of Skeeve and Aahz, were written by Robert Asprin. I love the books, so I felt like I could pipe up and say something. Bleh. Surprised

Anyway... More on the topic, so I won't be completely out of line... I chose the nickname Wyn, because it is my nickname. It's short for Wyndolyn, my name. Smile Unfortunately, most people think of it as a masculine name, right off the bat, which makes no sense to me. But, at least they don't accidentally call me 'Gwen,' or 'Wendy,' or whatever. That only happens when someone who doesn't know me calls me on the phone. That's when I know to hang up the phone-- after telling them that 'no one by that name lives here.' Twisted Evil

Wyn
JWF
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 8625

JWF is offline View user's profile Send private message JWF's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i started off with several nicknames for myself. but they all sucked. so when i came here i thought to myself...who is your favorite composer. answer: John Williams. Being a huge fan of his work. His work inspires me all of the time. anyways...that how i got to where i am. Smile

#1. Use the right tool for the right job

#2. Get along with your fellow prisoners

#3. When in doubt...Keep It Simple Stupid

#4. When in doubt...request John Williams

#5. When in doubt...ask someone.

CruisinWPG
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 9878

CruisinWPG is offline View user's profile Send private message CruisinWPG's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

well what to say, it's spring, Cruising season has started once again, from Winnipeg, hence the nick. suppose I coulda stayed with a staple from NWN or AO, but oh well.

-Cruisin
vcsabus
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 9867

vcsabus is offline View user's profile Send private message vcsabus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well, my name is csaba, and my friends started calling me csabus, so I just added my last name to it, that's how I became vcsabus
thingmaker
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 9914

thingmaker is offline View user's profile Send private message thingmaker's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thingmaker's been a nickname I've used for about 10 years... Got together with some friends to run tabletop SF, fantasy and horror rpgs at gaming conventions using lots of bells and whistles (dioramas, images, sfx, props). I built the props and dioramas. I made things. I still do.
Of course I remembered the '70s era toy called the Thingmaker...
noets
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 9593

noets is offline View user's profile Send private message noets's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well,
my full name is vincent vingerhoets
note the 'hoets' at the back of my
last name.
in my school they call me noets,
but thats a typical belgian thing.

so there it is: 'noets'
Commander

Member#: 12

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the oe-part pronounced the same way as in Goethe? That would kinda make you "nuts" Laughing
Ensign

Member#: 9593

noets is offline View user's profile Send private message noets's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

no, not really,
actually, you pronounce it as noots.
Cadet 2

Member#: 10167

ShadowWalker is offline View user's profile Send private message View ShadowWalker's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I created an original chracacter for my fan fiction based on the TV Show, "Birds of Prey" her codename is ShadowWalker, so i thought i might as well use it. Ever since then i answer more to shad or shadow than to my real name.

Life is better when you're stupid ~ Anon
USA Lieserl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 9262

Lieserl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Lieserl's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Private Einstein letters fell into the hands of the public in the 80ies and caused a lot of sensation, because they revealed that Einstein had an illegitimate daughter with his former fellow student Mileva Maric.
Mileva gave birth to a daughter at her parents’ home in Novi Sad. This was at the end of January, 1902 when Einstein was in Berne. It can be assumed from the content of the letters that birth was difficult. The girl was probably christianised. Her official first name is unknown. In the letters received only the name “Lieserl” can be found.
In a letter from Einstein to Mileva from September 19, 1903, Lieserl was mentioned for the last time. After that nobody knows anything about Lieserl Einstein-Maric.

So.

In my own sequence of stories, the name Lieserl became synonymous with the idea of a girl-child, abandoned and thrown into a world changing too quickly.

Around the time I joined SST, the character of Lieserl had already been settled as an important personage in the sequence.

It's a nice story of loss and really strange space travel.

There you go.
USA MikeTheRaptor
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 10387

MikeTheRaptor is offline View user's profile Send private message MikeTheRaptor's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well growing up, Jurassic Park was my favorite movie.
In the movie Jurassic Park, there are "Velociraptors."
The first online community I got involved with was dedicated to Jurassic Park.
My name is Mike - Thus, MikeTheRaptor - and the rest is history! ^_^
Uvaavu
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 10403

Uvaavu is offline View user's profile Send private message Uvaavu's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing Everquest in '99 and after playing for a year decided to make a new character.. a unique race/class combination that just wasnt seen at all at that time.
To go with this I wanted a unique name, and I happened to be watching a re-run of the british comedy quiz Shooting Stars. At various times in the show silly noises are made, one of which is: ooo-vah-voo.
Thinking about it for a minute I came up with Uvaavu, which i liked for the palindromic qualities and its shortness, and the new character was christened Uvaavu.

Years on from that I still use the name now for various things, and at least one person calls me Uvaa in RL everytime we talk - I respond to it as readily as my real name, Matthew.
ehowton
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 3558

ehowton is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ehowton's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, I used the first initial of my first name, "Eric" and appended it to my last name, "Howton" so that all my mail and unix logins and my forum logins would be identical.
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ehowton wrote:
heh, I used the first initial of my first name, "Eric" and appended it to my last name, "Howton" so that all my mail and unix logins and my forum logins would be identical.

That level of information *might* not be the best to share on the internet.

Twisted Evil Care to share your password as well? Twisted Evil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 12 of 30

Jump to: