StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How did you get your nickname
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA vader_76
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 10227

vader_76 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View vader_76's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The origin of vader_76:

Vader is my favorite character of all time.
I play trombone (as in 76 trombones).

Don't underestimate the power of the force, or the power of a G# played in a flat 5th position.
Ensign

Member#: 8153

AtticusFinch is offline View user's profile Send private message View AtticusFinch's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My nic is pretty obvious (except for young'uns who haven't yet seen To Kill A Mockingbird).

TKAM is one of my favorite movies of all time. Interestingly, another top favorite of mine (actually, that's not the interesting part) is It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, which has a main character named J. Russel Finch. You see? Two top favs, both with main characters named Finch! (I guess it wasn't so interesting after all.)

Anyway, I also really like Lilies Of The Field, which has a main character named Homer Smith (which has nothing to do with the Finch thing, I just wanted to name another of my favorite movies).
DarthPopeye
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 9687

DarthPopeye is offline View user's profile Send private message DarthPopeye's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:09 pm   Post subject: My nick Reply with quote

I guess I was going for the whole "Marilyn Manson" divergant contrast. And I love both characters.

AND I can say stuff like, "Luke, I am your Pappy."

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

AtticusFinch wrote:
My nic is pretty obvious (except for young'uns who haven't yet seen To Kill A Mockingbird).

What about those old'uns who read the book, but have never seen the movie? Seems pretty obvious to us too."

Wink

jeff
sdg
USA TheUltimizer
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 11648

TheUltimizer is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail TheUltimizer's Favorites are Private
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:02 am   Post subject: The "Nick" Reply with quote

Well when the Internet was young, before the Big I, I used to go into BBS's and that was the name I created. I guess 15+ yearns ago I used it to sound mysterious. ULTIMate + wiZER, and the "The" is just for prominence.

Thas pretty much it.
USA scholar_matt
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 11017

scholar_matt is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website scholar_matt's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:02 pm   Post subject: Re: The "Nick" Reply with quote

TheUltimizer wrote:
Well when the Internet was young, before the Big I, I used to go into BBS's and that was the name I created. I guess 15+ yearns ago I used it to sound mysterious. ULTIMate + wiZER, and the "The" is just for prominence.

Thas pretty much it.

Dude...I know there was a Typo Day, but still, you could've taken your time. Just kidding bro...

As for me, I am genius....a supergenius....

Ok, ok, so you're not buying it.....As you can figure the name is Matt, and I am an alcoho...Ok, ok you got me again. I work for Scholastic, Inc. in NYC. Put the two together and what do you get...Scholar_Matt!
Alas, there comes a Time for all of Humanity to embrace the greatness of History; for it is something that was always behind Us, is always around Us, and eventually We will become part of such Greatness. ~~Author~~Me 2005 (R)
arlingirl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 10439

arlingirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website arlingirl's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, when I was first introduced to chatrooms way back in 1997 the man I wanted marry at the time was arlinboy (because we were living in arlington, tx). He turned out to be of a different persauasion and enjoy different chatrooms than me, but by then I was already "arlingirl". I've always been arlingirl, even though I live in Ft. Worth now. Smile

By the way...arlinboy is into theater and I have no idea what he is doing now. He is 27 (I'm 26) and I'm sure loving life. I had been in love with him since 8th grade before I found out he would never love me back since I wasn't a boy. Confused

http://www.bellereveportraitdesign.com
Cromvolt
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 11910

Cromvolt is offline View user's profile Send private message Cromvolt's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cromvolt, reall is an expression from my dad.
whenever our internet isnt working or any electrical thing isnt working, he says it to be suffering from: Krommen Volts "dutch" (Bended/ or diffused Volts in english)

Hence the Name Cromvolt, it just sounds cool and it is unique sofar. The Usual Abreviation is "Crom" which is fine by me.

And yes it is mostly my gaming name w00t
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My nickname came from all my MMORPG game play. I made the character Asriana when I was playing Asheron's Call and the name stuck all the way through Asheron's Call 2 and now, currently, World of Warcraft. I'm not sure how I actually came to picking it, outside of a little help from my husband who got me hooked on these crazy games.

Oh, my avatar is Asriana Very Happy
Cromvolt
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 11910

Cromvolt is offline View user's profile Send private message Cromvolt's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

wow is so addictive, i had it removed from my computer, i was not doing what i should be doing anymore
Commander

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cromvolt wrote:
wow is so addictive, i had it removed from my computer, i was not doing what i should be doing anymore

This is my exact reason for cutting WoW cold turkey.
I haven't actually played in about 2-3 weeks. However, I love how Asriana looks, so I'm keeping my avatar! Very Happy
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft horde is waay more sexy.

Meet my main:

I get bored of playing a game when I play it more than an hour. That really saves me.
Asriana
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You look Hot Cal! I bow to you!
France iwatff
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 11201

iwatff is offline View user's profile Send private message View iwatff's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I never have a (good) nickname.
IWATFF (I Was A Teenage Film Fan) was the name of a fanzine created by a friend of mine. I wrote my first reviews (movies and soundtracks)for it. So "iwatff" is a tribute name. Full of memories.
jecastellon
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10047

jecastellon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website jecastellon's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine it's bored...

My real name it's Juan Eduardo Castellón (Juan Eduardo it's a compound name). So... J.E. Castellón... JECastellón... Jecastellon.

Simple, huh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 15 of 30

Jump to: