StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How did you get your nickname
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Germany sockenfussel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 19724

sockenfussel is offline View user's profile Send private message View sockenfussel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hello,
I don't know if you really read this, but I thought that it's about time to contribute something to the forums. So here we go.
I consider myself being a fun-person and "Sockenfussel" (the fuzz or fluff of socks) was part of the first discussions with my boyfriend, who is now my hubby. Whenever we had a shower or a bath together Shocked ( don't care if you are shocked, that's the true story)... well on this occasions this fluff or fuzz was something I noticed negatively. So my condition for mutual bath-meetings was the absence of sockenfussel (=his clean feet).
So actually, in the beginning I didn't like Sockenfussel, I don't like them still, but I liked the word as such and I got used to the idea of sticking with him like his sockenfussel... ain't that romantic? No it's not... it's gross... Rolling Eyes
Avatar: Is Bethany Sloan from Dogma obviously, a movie I adore... among many others, I like her character and her name, which I used as a nickname before.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sock,
Thanks for contributing to the forums! I love your avatar, by the way. That's one of my favorite movies, and I like the character.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Take your pick - one of these answers might even be true Wink

Answer 1: What are you talking about? Dragonel is my name.

Answer 2: I love & collect dragons so it was just a dragon-sounding name

Answer 3: "elle" being French for "she" Dragonelle used to be she-dragon, but also sounded like a cute little dragon. Then I grew not so little or cute and it became Dragonel.

Answer 4: This is the twelfth website I've logged into as a Dragon, so it is Dragon-L (having started with Dragonay or Dragon-A)

Answer 5: Shortened version of Dragon-Lurker from when I used to listen but not chat.

Answer 6: I love & collect dragons and my human name begins with L, so it was Dragon-L

Answer 7: When I was irate at incompetence at work, someone called me a dragon and the nickname stuck. I'll admit I partly encouraged it as a fierce reputation helps.

Answer 8: It was supposed to be an anagram for "Real Gonad" but I messed up.

Answer 9: Having lurked for a while, I saw Leviathan12 having so much fun, so I copied him, only becoming Dragon-Leviathan, or Dragonel for short.

Answer 10: I used to be quite a bit plumper than I am now - so it's an anagram of Lard Gone

Answer 11: I had a bout with depression, when I felt like I was a "Drag On Life"

Answer 12: Actually, I'm a guy but I feel I should be a cute girl, so it was Drag One I but everyone thinks the I is a lower-case L

Answer 13: It was a name I was assigned by my brother when he was trying out an RPG "Dragonel the half-hobbit"

Answer 14: It comes from an obscure comic I used to read, "The Adventures of Willard and Pretz", where Dragonel was the name of their pet lizard.

Answer 15: It was supposed to be Dragon-Isle, after the cross-stitch I had just completed, but I mistyped.
Well, actually I'm sure I typed strighat, it was just the computre that messsed up as usaul.

Last edited by Dragonel on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

These are great explanations, Sockenfussel and Dragon-elle Very Happy
Kajotex
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 24454

Kajotex is offline View user's profile Send private message View Kajotex's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah... that reaches back to my very first steps into internet territory. Back then i were a massive Dragonball Z fanboy. Was playing a simple Half Life mod back then called DragonMod Z. Signed up on their board and when i found out the shocking truth that the unique names like "Son Goku" and "Trunks" were already taken i made up my own.

I wantedit to have something to do with King Kai and i wanted an X init. So i fused Kai with Trunks and made the ks an x.... yeah its as lame as that.
Stuck to it by now because i grew quite fond of it.
USA oddkickmom
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 25483

oddkickmom is offline View user's profile Send private message View oddkickmom's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddkick was my seventeen year old son I lost to Leukemia. He was said to have an "odd kick to his gallop", meaning he didn't feel the need to conform to society. Therefore, I became oddkickmom.
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall having answered allready on this thread but for all newcomers:

the Dutch-part is obvious, I'm from the Netherlands so that's logical.
The bat-part is derived from the UN-bataljons the Dutch are part of (allthough I wasn't in one but my pal was) Fun-part is that I change the extension *-bat* phonetically according the website I'm logged into.
Therefore you have Dutchbad on various chatboxes,Dutchbet on pokersites, Dutchbed on sites that Nessy isn't allowed to visit Smile Dutchbite on foodrelated recipe-sites and everything that comes in mind on specific sites that makes a nice nick appropiate will do.

take a look at my collection: My album list
Germany NessySheep
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 21914

NessySheep is offline View user's profile Send private message View NessySheep's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutchbat wrote:
Dutchbed on sites that Nessy isn't allowed to visit Smile

There are no sites that I'm not allowed to visit Razz i'm legally an adult Cool
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

but still everybody understands to which sites I was referring to by stating it like this.
Next time I'll make it: that Nessy is visiting all the time Smile

take a look at my collection: My album list
Germany NessySheep
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 21914

NessySheep is offline View user's profile Send private message View NessySheep's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutchbat wrote:

Next time I'll make it: that Nessy is visiting all the time Smile

That Nessy is allowed to visit since about 1.5 years Razz Wink
New Zealand mister_mouse
Captain
Captain

Member#: 25250

mister_mouse is offline View user's profile Send private message View mister_mouse's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Mister and Mouse are two of my favourite fictional animals...anyone who's read the Dresden Files will know 'em.
I just liked the way they sound together....
The name is rather deceptive though- I'm a girl:)
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

mister_mouse wrote:

Stop doing stuff like that to my comfortable preconceptions!!! Crying or Very sad Wink
Captain
Captain

Member#: 25250

mister_mouse is offline View user's profile Send private message View mister_mouse's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

alien_avatar wrote:

Stop doing stuff like that to my comfortable preconceptions!!! Crying or Very sad Wink

Very Happy What can I say, I live to deceive!
Commodore

Member#: 24518

Angel is offline View user's profile Send private message Angel's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is to be explained like this:

Angel... like the David Boreans cool vampire figure
and the eyes... because some ladies told me that I have such nice... erm... eyes Smile (grey-green)

my soundtrack collection
Netherlands Ghostkeeper
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 27774

Ghostkeeper is offline View user's profile Send private message View Ghostkeeper's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

mister_mouse wrote:
You're not the only one in this community who decieves like that. At first I'd guess Angel-eyes were female, Bruiser sounds male to me and so does Victor.

My nickname comes from the game Halo (II) where I was an excellent driver of the 'Ghost', which is a light vehicle there.
It has led to some rumours that I keep a box of (not so) tame ghosts under my bed to scare people with. I will not comment on whether this rumour is true or not...

I've also gone by the name Legende at times, in roleplaying games. That name has quite a large story behind it, but not quite fit for these forums.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 25 of 30

Jump to: