StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How did you get your nickname
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Gr81
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5444

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rock is one of my favorite wrestlers. He often refers to himself as "The Great One." When I was first trying to register at this website, I tried a bunch of nicknames. Gr81 was the one that actually went through (to my great surprise).
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ok... a trumpet, some butter and a song... the name is better than the story behind it - so, depending on what you think of the name....

nuff said
DavisViceIII
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 5773

DavisViceIII is offline View user's profile Send private message DavisViceIII's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a college student still stuck in the dorms, although in 4 weeks i get my apartment for next year, but anyway my roomate from last year liked to watch golf and Davis Love III is a famous golfer for those of you who dont follow golf. That same year GTA Vice City came out and i played it pretty much non stop for a couple of weeks after the release until my roomate forced me to give up the TV so he could watch the masters. When we flipped on golf Davis Love III was teeing off. Seeing how my name is dave he decided that i would be Davis Vice III. It just kinda stuck since then.

Thats my long boring story
Lordfan
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 6119

Lordfan is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Lordfan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my nickname is pretty simple too.

Lordfan because I am a great fan of The Lord of the Rings (books and movie) and from Holland is because my flag that is shown on the list with people online in an American flag and I am from Holland.
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My nickname is a slight modification of "Lirael," a lovely teen fantasy by Garth Nix about a young librarian who discovers her magical powers to banish undead creatures back to the underworld.

At one time, I thought about becoming a librarian because I read a lot of young adult and fantasy books.
ChaosEternus
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 6271

ChaosEternus is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ChaosEternus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaoseternus: I used to play BattleFleet Gothic from Gamesworkshop, it was the name of my Fleets flagship.
I got nicknamed it after my flag ship ended up Very close to an opponents fleet, so close they had to scatter or get rammed (now who would consider such an evil tactic as ramming? *grins angelically*)
Naturally the result was chaos and I ended up being called Chaos ,which eventually after I had been using the same ship as flagship for two months became chaos eternus
http://www.thundersdawn.co.uk

Last edited by ChaosEternus on Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zharnak
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 5084

Zharnak is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Zharnak's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I started using Zhanak recently, but before that I was always Somtaaw (Relic's Homeworld Cataclysm) or Lone Power (Diane Duane's So You Want to be a Wizard books). Zharnak is from Steve White/David Weber's In Death's Ground and Shiva Option. I choose it when I started playing Everquest as a Vah Shir. In the books Zharnak is an Orion, a large feline-like race, so it fit with the Vah Shir character and since then I've just started using it more often.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when i first came to SST i was know as Son. short for my nickname being Sonny. thinking Son was kind of blah, so pondering this i came up with Obi-son. Obi from SW and son from japanese as used at the end of names.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4092

mickeybumps97 is offline View user's profile Send private message mickeybumps97's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My nickname was given to me in 2000 when I worked in a garage with too many "Mike's" in it. Obviously, my name is Mike. One day, one of the lead techs call out "Hey, Mike!" and three Mike's replied. Including myself. So, then, he looked directly at me and said "That's it!!! Your name is Mickey Bumps!" And ever since then it has been my handle for almost every occasion. Especially in karaoke bars!
Asm0de00s
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 4494

Asm0de00s is offline View user's profile Send private message Asm0de00s's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is Asmodeus, unfortunately already taken on the site... I have no idea how and when I got it. But I think it showed up when I played Quake in the local internet cafe. Much later on I've read about it's meaning. I like it, but it has nothing to do with my personality, hobby or way of living... I just treat it as my second name. Wink
HermitElephant
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 6351

HermitElephant is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website HermitElephant's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

...it is possible that the strangest, and possibly saddest, species on Discworld is the hermit elephant. This creature, lacking the thick hide of its near relatives, lives in huts, moving up and building extensions as its size increases. It's not unknown for a traveller on the plains of Howondaland to wake up in the morning in the middle of a village that wasn't there the night before.

Our real world's hermit crab (which can be found on islands like Bermuda) behaves similarly: it has no protective shell of its own, so it utilises the shells of dead land snails. The reason why the hermit crab is one of the sadder species in our world as well is given in Stephen Jay Gould's essay 'Nature's Odd Couples' (published in his collection The Panda's Thumb): the shells that form the crabs' natural habitat are from a species of snail that has been extinct since the 19th century. The hermit crabs on Bermuda are only surviving by recycling old fossil shells, of which there are fewer and fewer as time goes on, thus causing the hermit crab to become, slowly but surely, just as extinct as the snails...
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh... there are thousands of hermit crap species and they're found all over the place. They're also well known scavengers known for using just about anything that works as a "shell".

Are you talking about just one species in particular?
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at my avatar and know a little about "his" history, you'll know where I got Robert Locksley from (although there are several variations of the last name over the many, many years).
Ensign

Member#: 454

Marko is offline View user's profile Send private message Marko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine came about while I was reading The Hunt For Red October. It is a very good book. Anyway, I realy liked the character of Marko Aleksandrovitch Ramius. So I adopted the name. Of course not having the book in front of me I forgot how to spell the name and when I registered for my first Yahoo ID I had markoalexanderramius so that name stuck for a year. Then my friends complained that it was too long when I was playing games (Battlefield 1942) with them. So I shortened it to Markoalexander. This was still too long they said. Finilly I shortened it to Marko. and it has been thus ever since. When Marko isn't available I use markoalexanderramius.

Marko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 6652

Istagi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Istagi's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the name is not as interesting as its origins.

Please bare with me.

My real name is David Brown Eyes, My last name is not Eyes it is Brown Eyes, two words. The answer to your next question is yes, my wife however has blue eyes.

I have the name becuase I am Native American, please see my avatar, Oglala Lakota to be exact. Most know us as Sioux. If anyone is still confused, Red Cloud and Crazy Horse were Oglala lakota. I am directly decended from a fellow by the name of Brown Eyes.

Istagi pronounced -Ee'shta ghee- Is the Lakota word for Brown Eyes.

I have alos been known to lurk the net as Boobzilla and Stitch.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 4 of 30

Jump to: