StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How did you get your nickname
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO!! That's a good one! Laughing

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Reijklin
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 3789

Reijklin is offline View user's profile Send private message Reijklin's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's an intentional re-spelling of a name I came across in a book by Louise Cooper. I had a character in a P&P roleplaying game that I "liberated" the name for. I played that character for four years straight and then retired him.

When I started gaming online, it was a natural choice, and it's been my online handle in a couple of games. Look for it here if interested. I'm on the Command Lance page, being one of the three remaining original members.

[/url]
MysticWolf
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 3727

MysticWolf is offline View user's profile Send private message MysticWolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my story with choosing my nickname is the same as all the wolves but the Mystic part is different.
In the stories I write there is a character called Mystic but she is a were-wolf that is good, now don't get me wrong I know just as well that were-wolves are evil but I respect them and see them as confused creatures.
So when surfing the net I came across this web site when it came to asking for my nickname I thought hey why not I'll be MysticWolf in a tribute to one of my favourite animals and Mystic my story were-wolf!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

MysticWolf wrote:
I guess my story with choosing my nickname is the same as all the wolves but the Mystic part is different.
In the stories I write there is a character called Mystic but she is a were-wolf that is good, now don't get me wrong I know just as well that were-wolves are evil but I respect them and see them as confused creatures.
So when surfing the net I came across this web site when it came to asking for my nickname I thought hey why not I'll be MysticWolf in a tribute to one of my favourite animals and Mystic my story were-wolf!

Yeah I guess it sounds better than PlainPoodle
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 299

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My name comes from the color of my hair and it sounds better than red.
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
Horox
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 3013

Horox is offline View user's profile Send private message Horox's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my name long time ago, when i needed an alias for gaming... first place to look was starwars at that time... So i choose the famous Horox Ryyder as my name giver Rolling Eyes

This character is very well know, has about 2.73 seconds screentime, in the background of the Senate in movie 1.

Horox Ryyder from starwars.com database
An Anx Senator with a long neck and elongated, pointed head, Horox Ryyder served in the Galactic Senate during Chancellor Valorum's term. A decade later, during Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's administration, the planet of Gravlex Med was represented instead by Senator Zo Howler and his aide Fo Kuna.

Owh, and it was also easy to get an avatar Laughing
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I made up my nickname for SimCity on the PC when it first came out (Don't ask me when that was).
The city was named Treebobolis, which was a combination of my then girlfriends nickname of Tree and part of mine jimbob. It stuck and my wife and I have been using it ever since.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you know, I've been using the nickname Hurr78 on and off for about ten years now... pretty much since the early days of the internet. Hurr was short for Hurricane, which apparently appealed to my then-teenaged mind. Since then I've just used it out of habit, I guess.
Haurk
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4340

Haurk is offline View user's profile Send private message Haurk's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one of thoose who can never choose one nickname and stick to it at all places... probobly cause all I can come up with sucks.

Haurk was the first characther I made in Dark age of Camelot (www.darkageofcamelot.com) for like 2 years ago. A perfect name for a Troll Berserker, why I used that here, don't ask me. I had to type something. Confused
USA FoxMcleod64
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 849

FoxMcleod64 is offline View user's profile Send private message View FoxMcleod64's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've played the Nintendo 64, then you can easily guess where my handle derives.

First, I really liked the StarFox video games series, and i thought the fox is a really cool animal Very Happy

I got really good at StarFox64, and my friends started calling me Fox after I beat them everytime at multiplayer. Thats also about the same time I got the internet so I've been using this name as an online nick since then. I use the Highlander spelling for the last name 'McLeod' (I know its supposed to be MacLeod, but eh) instead of 'McCloud'. Added the 64 cause the N64 days were my prime video game playing days.
USA maddy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2207

maddy is offline View user's profile Send private message View maddy's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

jk2silly wrote:
No real mystery for me. JK being my initials and the 2silly because I have tried to never take life too seriously. Oddly enough, the only nickname that I got growing up I do not use. It was from the Piers Anthony "Myth" book series. I was named after the the adolescent dragon Gleep. Laughing

So Slowmo, Cocles, and Jeric. I see you have all chimed in to this forum but have all failed to answer the basic question. How did you 3 get your nick-names?

The Myth books were Robert Lynn Asprin...and Gleep and Aahz were my favorite characters in it. Very Happy
USA maddy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2207

maddy is offline View user's profile Send private message View maddy's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My nickname came indirectly from the Bugs Bunny cartoon with the orange hairy monster. I have since found out he was the "evil" scientist instead of the "mad" scientist, but oh, well!

I named my first cat Gossamer (the name of that monster) and I took the Mad Scientist for my online identity and then shortened it to maddy. And now I have another cat who's name is/has and always been Madison. It was fate!

Last edited by maddy on Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
MatrixGuy
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 5770

MatrixGuy is offline View user's profile Send private message MatrixGuy's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My nickname came from The Matrix Trilogy, obviously. My first name is Dan, and since he knew a couple different people named Dan, he decided to call me Dan Matrix, and shortly later I decided to elaborate the name into MatrixGuy.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't you have a MatrixGuy-like avatar then? Smile

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

MatrixGuy wrote:
and since he knew a couple different people named Dan, he decided to call me Dan Matrix,

Eh, he who?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 3 of 30

Jump to: