StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Matrix Revolutions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
DavisViceIII
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 5773

DavisViceIII is offline View user's profile Send private message DavisViceIII's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it, It was a good ending to a good trilogy. Simple as that
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

DavisViceIII wrote:
I liked it, It was a good ending to a good trilogy. Simple as that

LOL
MatrixGuy
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 5770

MatrixGuy is offline View user's profile Send private message MatrixGuy's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Matrix Trilogy is a truly remarkable set if you take into account all of the religous and stylized aspects of the film. I have always enjoyed the cinematography and hidden messages of the films by the Wachowski Brothers. I enjoyed The Matrix Revolutions because it made me think.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of things make me think.... Like why do the smart people with good genes have few kids while the lesser intelligent and bad genetics reproduce in high numbers...

no offence to anyone out there! I come froma family of four and I have seen exceptions to the rules... I however am not an exception...Cool

Anyways my point it just because it makes ya think doesn't make it good....;)IMHO
Scottrick
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 5722

Scottrick is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Scottrick's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone would like to see a "B-Movie" and take it for what you see, that's your thing. I think that when such thought and intelligence goes into making an original script it deserves gratitude. It's easy to say that you didn't like a movie, the difficult side is to say that you understood it and still don't appreciate it.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is this is based off a Japenese Comic book. Am I right?

I understood the matrix, I loved the first one. But everything went down hill with revelations. I don't think that a movie should be called good just because it makes you think,a movie needs more than that in my opinion, it needs a good story, not just imagery and ideology.
MatrixGuy
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 5770

MatrixGuy is offline View user's profile Send private message MatrixGuy's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of movies out there that are good and you aren't required to 'think' about them. You make a good point, but The Matrix had a story...it was about a messiah. One movie cannot exist without the other. His birth, his life, and his death. It wasn't about THE messiah, but it certainly had some connections to religion.
Gr81
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5444

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this film when it came out, and it was very good. It told a good story. I don't know why people keep bashing it, really. Just watch it again if you didn't understand it.
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, yeh yanked it out of me.

The Matrix movies are a trilogy that preys on the weak minded.

They're pseudo deep. In other words they're not deep, but they seem to be.

So Johnny Doofus sits down, thinks the movie is deep, thinks he's a badass for "getting it", and ultimately likes the movie because it makes him feel smart.

And judging by how many of you blokes keep going on about "getting it", I'd say a lot of you fell for it.

On a pure film making standpoint The Matrix films were horribly made. The effects are great, but the dialogue was horrid.

"We must save them."
Neo, "Yes, we must save them."

"We can do this."
Neo, "Yes, we can do this."

"A bowl of corn flakes would be nice."
Neo, "Yes, a bowl of corn flakes would be nice."

Matrix Reloaded, began with Morpheus giving a cheesy speech about how humanity had only a few hours before they're attacked and they must prepare!

So what do they do? They DANCE for 10 minutes.
An eternity of close-ups on dirty dancing feet and ugly flat boobs behind wet t-shirts. Mmm, my popcorn sure tastes good now! I actually had one guy in my audience scream for it to stop, which was followed by the rest of us cheering.

I felt like the film was saying, "Screw you, I'm the matrix reloaded, and I'm so awesome you'll sit through ANYTHING I show you and say it's good! I don't even need to try!"

Then, as one final middle finger to the audience, right as the dance sequence ends it plasters Neo's crackless butt on the screen. It's as if the movie wanted to finish off anyone who had managed to survive the past 10 grueling minutes.

Revolutions continued the trend, right down to the death sequence that lasted for another eternity.

"I'm dying."
Neo, "No, you're not dying."
"I'm dying."
Neo, "No, You're not dying."
"You must stop them."
Neo, "Yes, I must stop them."

Argh!

I think I had the same guy in my theater for part three, because towards the end of the death sequence someone finally screamed out, "For god's sake die!", which was once again followed by the rest of the audience cheering their agreement.

I also have to wonder why the big third act action sequence of Zion culminated with all of us being expected to cheer for a kid pushing a wheelbarrow.

Now, it's at this point where some wank says, "But it shows how even greatest battle boils down to the smallest worker to succeed!" Yeah yeah, shaddup. Little film school lesson for you. Don't sacrifice the pay off of an action sequence you've been building up for three entire films by culminating it with a little half-assed life lesson. It was a structural mistake.

This is where the wank retorts with the favorite battle cry of all wannabe film buffs, "Well at least they did something different!" Sure, I'll give you that. They did something different.... and it sucked. The disappointing box office agrees with me.

Might I suggest you all champion a real action film like Aliens or Terminator 2?
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What movie theatre do you go to because I want to join the fun?!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles, can I email that to two mates, who were bashing that movie to in the theatre? They would love that!

roflmao!
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like somebody chose the wrong color pill....
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Cocles, can I email that to two mates, who were bashing that movie to in the theatre? They would love that!

roflmao!

Go for it. Smile
Gr81
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5444

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike wannabe film buffs, I am an actual film buff (and student). The Matrix films stand as one of the best motion picture trilogies ever. Granted, there are some minor flaws (not as many as most people like to exaggerate), but every movie ever made has a flaw somewhere. With The Matrix films, it doesn't really matter if you "get it." What matters is the storytelling, in which the Wachowski Bros. succeeded. I'll leave it at that.
*I just wanted to point out that Revolutions did not make as much as Reloaded because of the much more competition in November.
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The first Matrix was great! But I was disappointed with #2 and #3. I do believe it did go downhill from #1. Cocles, maybe we need you to be SST's film critic. Maybe add a section under "Entertainment" titled "Cocles Condescending Film Reviews". Laughing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: