StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Matrix Revolutions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gr81 your name in itself is full of arrogance, and let me tell you, there is little room for people who are arrogant... Cocles holds the most of it, and i have been here for a while scrapping up the left overs...

Its great that you are a film student but cocles is already experienced in the business. I think he knows what he is talking about, mainly because i agree with him.

Not to be mean to you, i am just doing some good old fashion newbie beating...Cool

The brothers failed in my opinion. The story they told was boring and slow. I wouldn't consider it success if I told a story and hardly anyone liked it. Thats the bottom line.Wink

BTW i second Cocles film review threads... Smile no posting just his reviews... Smile
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is the MATRIX films? It is a sytem of control created to turn weak minded individuals into this.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gr81 wrote:
Unlike wannabe film buffs, I am an actual film buff (and student).

I love you say you're not a wannabe, and a student in the same sentence. Brilliant.

Quote:
The Matrix films stand as one of the best motion picture trilogies ever.

Pretty easy statement since there aren't that many trilogies to begin with.

Quote:
Granted, there are some minor flaws (not as many as most people like to exaggerate),

Or in your case, understate.

Quote:
but every movie ever made has a flaw somewhere.

Yes, and some have more flaws than others.

Quote:
With The Matrix films, it doesn't really matter if you "get it."

Funny, a couple of posts ago you were saying that if we didn't like the Matrix to go see it again, so we may finally "get it" and therefore finally like it. Now you're contradicting yourself. Yippe skippy! Very Happy

Quote:
What matters is the storytelling in which the Wachowski Bros. succeeded. I'll leave it at that.

So you're leaving it on an opinion with no real basis? If you liked it, that's awesome. If you really liked it, that's AWESOME! But to be a real film buff you need to be able to separate "liking" a film from whether or not it's actually a "good" film.

I've hated good films, and loved really bad ones. The fact that you're saying this trilogy is one of the best ever made simply because you really liked it, tells me right off the bat you're not the "actual film buff" you claim to be.

Quote:
*I just wanted to point out that Revolutions did not make as much as Reloaded because of the much more competition in November.

Yes, but neither came anywhere close to what everyone in Hollywood was expecting.
Gr81
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5444

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I picked the username Gr81 because The Rock is one of my favorite wrestlers (it has absolutely nothing to do with arroagance). And because I needed to pick a username quickly. I figured someone else had already picked Gr81 when I tried it, so I was surprised when I ended up with it. Second, with all the Matrix bashing on the post, I thought I would give my opinion on The Matrix trilogy (which differs from other people). Everyone has every right to have their opinions about The Matrix trilogy. I was quite surprised by the response to my first post (and later the second post). I could argue about this all I want, but I'm probably not going to win (since it would probably be a long argument and I'm not here to bash anyone). It was not my intention to write a post and then piss almost everyone off. I could have written something even worse to do that. For me, liking a film is part of what makes it a good film. I just don't feel like explaining the basis of what makes a good film (again, I'm not trying to be arrogant, I'm just being a little lazy). If I go to see a movie, then it is already going to be a good movie (I research movies before I go see them - it helps me avoid seeing a bad movie). I hate bad movies. It may sound ridiculuous, but this system has actually worked. I'm not trying to say that only I am right and everyone else is wrong (that would be arrogant). Other people have different opinions, and that's fine. I'm not forcing anyone to agree with me. I think I'm lucky that this is a Matrix forum and not a Passion of the Christ forum (I have not yet seen that movie, so I have no comment at this time). Oh, by the way, I didn't have to spend a dime watching the Matrix trilogy on the big screen (I was lucky enough to get preview screening passes for each film via free giveaways or contests). I hope this post can clear some things up about me.
Moving on, I'd like to know what Cocles does in the business. I myself am trying to break in here in NYC.
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh it clears up a lot! Very Happy

Gr81, Allow me to shed some light for you... don't take any of the razzing here personally,I am giving you some shit is all...

As for the movie, and you researching them before you see them to make sure they are "good" well then I am sorry becuase you missed the boat on this one... Every review it had was horrible. By movie standards of Writing, and Acting this film was horrible, as for "Action" and "effects" hey it worked out great. So you see it is a bad movie, but you just said you don't see bad movies only good ones... Smile

Anyways you don't need to give us a basis for what is a "good" movie, there are actuall film standards and critics who look at these standards to judge the film. You can have your opinion, I have mine... I actually like these last two films differently than the first... The first one was nice, and edgy, the other two were just some crappy action flick with a sad screen play.
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow First, if you have to make exceptions about a "good" movie, then its not good. And since we're all using examples ... A good movie is when you walk out of the theatre and you say it was awesome, you remember it the next day as awesome, you read the reviews and they're awesome, and It will probably make pretty good money. But saying something was "good", and then saying "except for this part and this part and this part and this part..." is the same thing as saying "this was a bad movie except I liked this part."

Arrow gr81 saying "I liked something" is totally differnt from stating as a fact "it is good and everyone should respect that". We all respect your opinion as an opinion (some of us have little respect for opinions at all). We dont respect your opinions as truth.
Arrow I dont think you pissed anyone off. If you think that people only respond to things they're pissed off about, you're wrong. They respond to educate you and to prove you wrong. (and these are general statements ...) So dont go patting yourself on the back for pissing people off. (Cocles delights in finding a new fool to pick on)
Arrow I like (which means it makes me laugh at the irony) how you boast that you're not arrogant and then out of nowhere you brag that you got into the movie for free. You cant claim to be something and then show that you're not. (Well you can if you want to, still doesnt make it true)

Arrow I think that some adaptations/remakes etc. have proven to be good. Just because the story idea is not original does not mean its unimagnative or lacks creativity.

Arrow I will not see Revolutions because I do not wanna sit through crap inorder to prove I understand something that seems really deep but really isnt. I go to movies to be entertained. I stay at home and study to think. Plus, I will not see it because I was thoroughly dissappoined by Reloaded.

Arrow I am not making arguments I am voicing opinions.

Arrow Have a great day!

Last edited by rebeccabutterfly on Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Patje
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 482

Patje is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Patje's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear Hear Very Happy
Lieutenant

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a good movie, others don't. That's fine. I'm glad there are people who disagree with me. For the record, I don't give off my opinions as truth, I don't think that people only respond to things that piss them off, and I wasn't bragging about seeing the films for free. I'm sorry for living in New York City. I did find good reviews about Revolutions, which may be hard to believe. They were in many ways more useful than the negative ones, although I doubt anyone will believe that. I've said my piece, many disagree, and that's fine. This turned out to be quite an interesting forum for me (in a positive way).
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gr81 wrote:
I wasn't bragging about seeing the films for free. I'm sorry for living in New York City.

Lol Laughing I'm sorry for being better than everyone and living in new york city... Dude you need to own that you are a bit arrogant and condescending Wink. But its okay Razz
MatrixGuy
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 5770

MatrixGuy is offline View user's profile Send private message MatrixGuy's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say whether or not you liked the Matrix Trilogy, it has most definitely changed the world of filmmaking.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would disagree with that... Thats like saying Gili changed the world of film making... I really don't see what has changed since the matrix. I mean they were the most popular to use wire fights, but they were not the first... They may have been spoofed a lot but thats not changing anything... The special effects were okay, but thats a fast paced field, and IMHO neo looked like rubber man most of the time. Wink

But thats my opinion Razz
Gr81
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if I sounded arrogant. I was just being sarcastic about the NY remark. I'm just glad to have cleared up that stuff.
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrix Guy wrote
Quote:
I would have to say whether or not you liked the Matrix Trilogy, it has most definitely changed the world of filmmaking.

Director Ang Lee said that it was a lot easier for him to make Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon knowing that audiences would react positively to the martial arts scenes in that film because of the positive response to The Matrix. I don't know if this helps.
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

On an entertainement perspective I love the Matrix Trilogy. I entirely agree with BeckyBug on here defiition of a good movie. If I leave feeling the $10 was well spent then it was a good movie. I may still pick on certain parts of the movie but I am not much of a critic and don't usually agree with critics.

Legolas, I totally agree with you on the rubber man comment. Some of the neo's fights had brutal CGI, but i'm not saying that I didn't enjoy the scenes.

gr81 I like your signiture dude. "One express elevator to Hell. Going down! woooooohoooooo!"
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

treebob, I was going to comment on his signature as well, but couldnt think of anything brilliant to say, im glad you did it for me : )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: