StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

BMS (Split From: How did you get your nickname?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
BMS
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 3333

BMS is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website BMS's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the idea for live365 from a listener of mine a couple months back. Just that at the time it seemed too expensive. After researching it's pretty cheap, considering but the fact they use a proprietary setup makes me think I will probably discontinue it down the road. I also setup 25 streams elsewhere but this stuff definately isn't cheap. I think my listeners as well as myself frequent more than my site and this just this site. Smile If you're a true fan, you should.
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You can defend it all you want, but BMS you know what you are doing is unethetical.

As for visiting more than one site...why would I? SST is hands down the best site, and there isnt even anything close. The most complete soundtrack collection, the most responsive webmaster, the capability to chat, and requiest...There's nothing any other site could offer that would be better. Anything else would be either 1) completely inferior or 2) an imitation.

I personally wouldnt ever go to your site now, if you gave me 20 CDs. Sorry dude, I agree with Cocles....tacky tacky.

Kork
USA BuyerQueen
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

How ironic that his name is Rob. Thanks for all the support guys. We think it's funny. Free enterprise, God Bless America.
Cadet 4

Member#: 3333

BMS is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website BMS's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys seriously need to get out more. I'm all for fan loyalty but you guys are really out of line in my opinion referring to my name as being ironic. Pa-lease. Why are you guys so protective? Confused

edit: Actually I know why. I wont sign in here again. Just remember, I can go away for you guys but BMS wont. Thanks for your time, and good luck to SST.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The answers to several of your questions, including why we're so protective, can be found in the SST newbie FAQ you should have read.

Being in a generous mood though, I'll repost it for you here.

SST is not like other websites. We have a very prominent webmaster here named Jeric. Many of us consider him a friend and quite frankly we don't like seeing someone mooch off the popularity of the site he has worked so hard on.

You can sit and spout, "Plug your station at my place as a trade!" all you want. But, to be blunt, give me a break! You know darn well you're getting the better end of the deal by advertising here at SST.

We have over 3700 registered users, your site has... 16.

Personally BMS, my biggest problem with you is your tendency to talk out of both sides of your mouth.

On one side you say, "Hey we're all friends here." But out of the other you advertise your station as the "Anti-SST".

Heck, your stations description on Live365 is all but a direct referrence to us.

Obviously, you realized you couldn't match SST's playlist, so you decided spin it by advertising a tiny playlist as a good thing.

As it says in your description:

BMS.com is not like "other movie soundtrack streams..." BMS.com prefers "Quantity over Quality", we don't play "dull and unnerving soundtracks off obscure scores they'd rather not listen to."

The simple truth is you've got 90 songs on your playlist from about 60 scores. "BestMovieSoundtracks.com" is the equivalent of a "Top 40 Station" in the soundtrack genre.

Spin it all you want, but fact remains you play the same 90 tracks over and over and over and over then log on here and try to tell us you're just as good because you serve a "niche". Then you go even further by implying you're better than us on L365.

Stop slapping us in the face. I have to wonder why so many new soundtrack stations out there use the color blue. I also have to wonder why every time Jeric adds a feature, the other stations try to emulate it.

Stop saying you're our equal or better than us, when all you're doing is following our lead.

I'm sure your station will be around a long time, as will SST. And yes, in the end you've succeeded in drawing a lot of attention to your little site by plugging it here at SST. Unfortunately you've also drawn attention to what a weasle you are.

Last edited by Cocles on Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha what a dousche... This whole post cracks me up... Change your name to BS not BMS. Because that is what you really stand for. LOL!
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

BMS had this coming big time.. Imho, he posted rubbish on this forum in all categories, just to get attention to his "banner". Cheap.
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

YAWN. what a D.A. oh and for the ones that do not know DA= Dumb Ass.
hee,hee
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Saga continues over on BMS.com....

http://www.bestmoviesoundtracks.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=74

I'd love to know who started that thread.

I'll be posting a link over there for his listeners, as he's playing the part of the "innocent victim" and I'd rather have everyone decide for themselves.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SlowMo on BMS forum wrote:
you offer SST some promotion space after using the SST forum to promote your site, but you're just a starter while SST is long established.. so basically it's a bit of an unfair trade : you reach 3000+ people, we reach 5

Genious, a very good point.

My compliments Mo! :-)
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually that was Cocles that said it earlier in this thread:

Quote:
You can sit and spout, "Plug your station at my place as a trade!" all you want. But, to be blunt, give me a break! You know darn well you're getting the better end of the deal by advertising here at SST.

We have over 3700 registered users, your site has... 16.

But thanks Cal..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh lol, but I cant complement Cocles, he will get too cocky(sp?) then :-)
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way, it's a good point.
Caray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I give in to temptation. *get can of oil and prepare to throw it on fire*

Conspiracy Theory :

Is it me being paranoid or others find the 2 posts that start BMS thread a bit contrived ?
Would my nasty suspiscious mind make me suspect that SST and BMS could be the same person ?

edited 1 time
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was suspicious when BMS wasn't sending us an IP. But he's sent us all the info now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: