StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

BMS (Split From: How did you get your nickname?)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
BMS
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 3333

BMS is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website BMS's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:46 am   Post subject: BMS (Split From: How did you get your nickname?) Reply with quote

see sig. Smile
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Advertising your own soundtrack station in another soundtrack station's forum?

Tacky tacky. Razz
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that site before. I just checked the request page. Only about 60 tracks to choose from? And the tracks are not in the same format. One track has a composer, the other not. An example: "Gladiator Soundtrack - Main Theme" wtf? what main theme? Who is the composer? I dont have that track on my album.

This site sounds fishy to me. You sure you bought all the albums? And if you have, why cant I request other tracks from that album?

Hey he has got a "advertise your site" section in his forum! Lets post there about SST.com. Very Happy
BMS
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

BMS is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website BMS's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the hostility folks? I don't consider it tacky to put my stream in my sig, you are more than welcome to come to my site and promote your stream, heck I even have a forum for it.

Second, I own every CD I host with the exception of the Karate Kid song. Never could find the CD that had that track. Thus the reason why songs make the playlist slowly, I'm broke.

Thirdly, The reason why there's only about 65 songs is because I started off with the collection I had, and I only play what are deemed the "best" (by BMS and our listeners) in the rotation. There's no Barry Lyndon playing on our stream. Ever.

Cheer up fellas, variety is what keeps life interesting. You should visit us sometime, just like I enjoy visiting here every now and then.

Cheers,
Rob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it is your personal bestsoundtrack station.

No offense mate. But here are people that like Barry Lyndon. That is why SST probably has way more listeners than BMS. 60 tracks would make the playlist very boring after a time. That is like listening to 5 to 7 CDs every day.

I havent seen an explanation of your wierd formats in on your request page. I suggest you use "composer - album - track" format to give it a more proffesional and legimit look.

I seriously think that if we would advertise SST on your forum (Cocles and I were already tempted to do that about a month ago) you would loose a lot of listeners to SST.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I remember that.

I dunno... just seemed... tacky. Like saying, "Hey, forget this place! Go check out SST!"

Either way, no harm no foul.

Barry Lyndon's actually one of the higher rated soundtracks here.
BMS
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Sounds like it is your personal bestsoundtrack station.

I run it myself (with help from a couple others) if that's what you mean. It's only 16 streams right now. 8-128k and 8-32k. I can't afford to stream to live365 or others because like I said, I'm broke. lol. BMS has had a couple donations from our listeners but they've gone toward CDs.

Caliburn wrote:
But here are people that like Barry Lyndon. That is why SST probably has way more listeners than BMS. 60 tracks would make the playlist very boring after a time. That is like listening to 5 to 7 CDs every day.

We have a small (yet growing) group of steady listeners, and our streams are usually full. The biggest complaint we get is that there isn't enough streams, not the play list. I'm working on getting that resolved. Every stream host I find is pretty expensive (relatively) so we're basically begging for bandwidth like everyone else.
I've only been doing this since August and in that time I've seen visits to the site grow. I don't expect to be super big over nite but I think I offer a niche in the soundtrack station market.

Caliburn wrote:
I havent seen an explanation of your wierd formats in on your request page. I suggest you use "composer - album - track" format to give it a more proffesional and legimit look.

All the files I have are ID3v1 Tagged (30 chars per field), I titled them by soundtrack/movie and title and if room permitted (or I felt like it) I put in the composer. Once I get my code I'm writing now for the site completed, I'm going back in and will update them composer info. I think it's satisfactory now the way it is, but it can always be better. Thanks for your input! Smile

Caliburn wrote:
I seriously think that if we would advertise SST on your forum (Cocles and I were already tempted to do that about a month ago) you would loose a lot of listeners to SST.

My listeners are probably already listening to SST. Most referral links on my site come from the shoutcast.com list so we share the same page on that site. A few of them even have mentioned they like the BMS playlist (packed with their/my favorites that BMS offers) so they keep coming back. BMS offers great tracks like SST does but the difference is BMS doesn't offer "every" song on the soundtrack. Just the ones BMS patrons like. That way, when the Auto DJ plays a song, it's not an obscure track on the sound of music CD. Thus the reason I came up with the title "best" movie soundtracks.

Hope all this helps people understand why BMS is around.

Thanks,
Rob
Cadet 4

AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
Yep, I remember that.

I dunno... just seemed... tacky. Like saying, "Hey, forget this place! Go check out SST!"

Either way, no harm no foul.

Barry Lyndon's actually one of the higher rated soundtracks here.

That's cool. I have no problem with you guys posting up your info on my site just as long as you don't say "Hey, forget this place!" literally. lol. I would never do that here!! I'm just out and about on other sites to learn. As for Barry, I just pulled that out of a hat because he was playing on SST at the time and it's just not a track I'd play on BMS. Like I said, we're a niche stream.

Cheers,
Rob
Cadet 4

AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks admin, we were starting to hijack that thread. lol.

BTW, Caliburn, I went through some takes I had my buddy do when we were making the latest promo. He pretty much said it. lol. Warning: He likes to curse but I bleeped him lol.

http://www.bestmoviesoundtracks.com/take28.mp3

lol.
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You know you really should be careful about allowing URL's in post's. Posting a related site in a forum posting allows a spider to find it, and consider it a one way cross link, thereby incresing inbound links and increasing the PR (pagerank) of the site being linked to.

But of course if you don't know what the big G's update codename florida, is you probably won't have a clue what I am talking about.

And then there's the whole xss script thing but that's even more obscure
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what you are talking about :-)

What I do know is that putting an url in your sig is a legal way of 'advertising'.
BMS
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Shocked lol.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

graywolf wrote:

And then there's the whole xss script thing but that's even more obscure

Show off :p

Very Happy
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Actualy xss is fairly dangerous, and unless you know what to look for you're never going to see it for what it is.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey BMS got live365 streams. I wonder where he got that idea Very Happy

Hey BMS, have you told your listeners that you are a frequent visitor to a competitors site? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: