StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Proudest Soundtrack
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:00 am   Post subject: Proudest Soundtrack Reply with quote

What soundtrack are you most proud of for buying, any why?

It could be a something you found a real bargain on, or that you have a really rare or special soundtrack, or something that you just picked up and surprised the heck out of you.

First one that comes to mind for me is finding King Solomon's Mines in Circuit City for $7. The feeling was like finding a diamond ring.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rock. It wasnt available in Europe. I had to order it from amazon.com in the States. Was quite proud when I got it. It was my second soundtrack in my (small) collection.
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying Freeman, for sure!
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

E.S. Posthumus Unearthed, because I managed to figure out on my own what the heck the music was on the Spiderman Trailer and where to buy it. I was then even more pleased to recommend it here and watch it become so popular.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
E.S. Posthumus Unearthed, because I managed to figure out on my own what the heck the music was on the Spiderman Trailer and where to buy it. I was then even more pleased to recommend it here and watch it become so popular.

According to Korkster it was out of stock on www.esposthumus.com :-)
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased the Unearthed ST, and agree that it has been a unique surprise...when you go to ESP's web site they say they are out of stock, but Cal steered me to cdstreet.com (is that right?) and they have it and I ordered it, but...havent received any confirmation of it being sent yet...so??

Proudest ST...Its a tie, for me, between Jurassic Park 1 and Band of Brothers just because they stir alot of emotion.

Kork
USA Trinity3777
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 124

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:13 am   Post subject: The Natural Reply with quote

I'd have to say "The Natural" because it's my favorite movie, and it was my first score I ever purchased, and somewhat spurred to me listening to scores. Thanks Randy Newman =)
Ensign

Member#: 2416

phexus is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website phexus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Im thinking Children of Dune, or Beetle Juice, because I figured I would never see them in a store. I just happend to stumble across both of them in unlikely places (wal-mart)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Legend of Bagger Vance for $7 including shipping at eBay, brand new. Shocked Very Happy

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Netherlands Emile
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1192

Emile is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Emile's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Halo; because it is the first soundtrack i bougth on the i-net and it is of my favorite game Cool
Canada Dave11
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 651

Dave11 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Dave11's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gettysburg by Randy Edelman, because I bought it for like $8 in a local store in my home Switzerland. I had never seen the movie before, I only knew the composer was great, so I bought it and I realized it was one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard, and still is.
soundTrack_nut
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 2714

soundTrack_nut is offline View user's profile Send private message soundTrack_nut's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm.. On price I would have to say Star Wars Episode 1. I just got it off ebay for a penny and then 3 bucks shipping. The cd case is kinda meh but the booklet is brand new and the cd is new too.

:: looks for ep 2 on ebay ::
Patje
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 482

Patje is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Patje's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sum Of All Fears - Jerry Goldsmith

I found this CD about four months ago in a discountstore in Belgium and it cost me only 5 Euro's (6 dollar). I liked the movie and the soundtrack turned out to be very good. It has become one of my favorites.
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has got to be James Newton Howard's "Dinosaur". I had searched high and low in every online CD store and in every CD shop within miles around me and never found it. When I had my Euro Road Trip in the summer of '02, when I was in Denmark, I walked back to the parking house where I had parked my car and noticed a CD store I hadn't noticed earlier. I went inside and picked up the last copy they had of it. That made me feel pretty good when I walked out of the store. Not because it's one of my better soundtracks, but because I had spent so long looking for it.
Germany derler
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 12481

derler is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View derler's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that's a great topic, why are there only a few posts from 2003??? That must be changed!

At the moment my proudest soundtrack is "Road to Perdition" by Thomas Newman. It was not available in Germany and I guess even not in Europe (I'm jobbing in a CD store, so I do have some possibilities to search... Wink ), and I never managed to get it at ebay, but one day I was in a really small city in Thuringia and guess where I found it? In a drugstore in a "SALE"-box, for 3 EUR (about $2,50) - that was GREAT!!! Very Happy

ADDITION: Today I bought "The Incredibles" for 1 EUR (less than $ 1,-)!!! I only had a copy of it (what a shame!!! Embarassed ) and was looking after the "real" CD for a while - it seemed to be sold out somehow, but now I've got it! YEAH!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: