StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Amadeus: Original Soundtrack
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Netherlands Emile
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1192

Emile is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Emile's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:17 pm   Post subject: Amadeus: Original Soundtrack Reply with quote

Amadeus a great movie about mozart, can this soundtrack be added???
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This IS a good soundtrack, and I would love to see it! I wonder if there might be exception since nearly all of it is "classical" though. I'm a classical music fanatic, so its fine by me!
Netherlands Emile
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Emile is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Emile's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i have the limited dvd edition 5.1 surround sound. every time i watch it iam ......
Postman
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 234

Postman is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Postman's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

korkster wrote:
This IS a good soundtrack, and I would love to see it! I wonder if there might be exception since nearly all of it is "classical" though. I'm a classical music fanatic, so its fine by me!

I hope/think it will be no problem, because there are more *only* classical music ST's here, like Shine and Death and the Maiden.
USA Trinity3777
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 124

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

(Chanting) Add it! Add it!

Laughing
Lieutenant

Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Postman wrote:

I hope/think it will be no problem, because there are more *only* classical music ST's here, like Shine and Death and the Maiden.

just, what I said in the chat to you
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, not more classical stuff. IMHO that doesn't belong to a score. Just go to beethoven.com to listen to that stuff. I dont like classical music..... it is just not my thing.
Postman
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 234

Postman is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Postman's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Ugh, not more classical stuff. IMHO that doesn't belong to a score. Just go to beethoven.com to listen to that stuff. I dont like classical music..... it is just not my thing.
But it is an original soundtrack, so stop whining... Razz
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Postman wrote:
Caliburn wrote:
But it is an original soundtrack, so stop whining... :P

I dont whine, I give me opinion ;-)
Jazzelyne
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 5682

Jazzelyne is offline View user's profile Send private message Jazzelyne's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to make a request for Amadeus, but fortunately I saw that there are more Mozart-lovers who already did the job.

So please please please, Jeric...? Amadeus is such a wonderful movie and the soundtrack is really breathtaking. It includes the most well-known parts of Mozart's work. They touch your soul and let you hum the melody all the way.

Love, Jazzelyne
Cadet 4

Jazzelyne is offline View user's profile Send private message Jazzelyne's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Caliburn:

It IS classical indeed, but good music stands forever, no matter which era it's from. And besides, the "scores" you're refering to on this site are also classical. The only difference is that they're made in this century. If you really don't like classical music as you say, then you wouldn't listen to SST.com ...

Not all tasts are the same of course. The playlist also includes some "modern" soundtracks, like Fight Club for example. These scores even have a beat like dance-music! So what's the deal about a wide variety of music, as long as they are all instumental soundtracks?
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it's time I weighed in on this one too.

I agree with Caliburn in that true "Classical" music from a couple hundred years ago does indeed have a different feel than modern orchestra such as soundtracks (or even Gershwin).

That being said though I'm all for adding "Amadeus" to the playlist. Our de facto policy on classical music, as far as I've seen is that we accept it only it's a soundtrack and the best of the best of what's out there.

I really don't want very much classical CD's here. 4 or 5 discs of the really best stuff out there would be fine. The two "Shine" CD's and "Immortal Beloved" already take care of a good chunk of this. "Amadeus" would finish off the quartet nicely.
Jazzelyne
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea I was just looking at the Amazon-site and found more than one Amadeus soundtrack! The version below claims to include the "complete" score, on 3 cd's. But is more expensive *sigh* ...

More information here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000000XBV/qid=1080125000/sr=2-2/ref=sr_2_2/103-8575132-6335028

Love, Jazzelyne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay let me rephrase. I am not a great fan from old classical stuff, like Mozart, Bach, Beethoven and stuff. It just float me boat (thanks Cocles for that expression).

I dont call soundtracks classical. I call them symphonic and the soundtracks I like are way different than the old Beethoven ones for example. Most of my favourite soundtracks are done by symphonic orchestras.

I am going to Bach's St. Matthew Passion in a couple of weeks. My mate talked me into it. Let's hope I won't fall asleep again, like I almost did before at another 'classical' concert ;-)
Jazzelyne
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Cocles:

Thank you very much! I agree.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: