StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Golden Globe Nominees are out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:53 pm   Post subject: Golden Globe Nominees are out Reply with quote

Golden Globe Nominees for selected categories:

Best Picture:
Master and Commander: THe Far Side of the World
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Cold Mountain
Mystic River
Seabiscuit

Best Actor:
Russell Crowe (Master & Commander)
Sean Penn (Mystic River)
Jude Law (Cold Mountain)
Ben Kingsley (House of Sand and Fog)
Tom Cruise (The Last Samurai)

Best Actress:
Cate Blanchett (Veronica Guerin)
Scarlett Johannson (Girl with a Pearl Earring)
Nicole Kidman (Cold Mountain)
Charlize Theron (Monster)
Uma Thurman (Kill Bill)
Evan Rachel Wood (Thirteen)

Best Score:
Danny Elfman (Big Fish)
Gabriel Yared (Cold Mountain)
Howard Shore (ROTK)
Hans Zimmer (The Last Samurai)
Alexander Desplat (Girl with a Pearl Earring)

Worthy of Mention, since the Golden Globes break awards down into Drama and Musical/Comedy, other actors/actresses that might make the mix for the Oscars:

Diane Keaton (Something's Gotta Give)
Diane Lane (Under the Tuscan Sun)
Jack Nicholson (Something's Gotta Give)
Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Carribbean)

So those of you wondering how the Golden Globes and Oscars mesh? The correlation is over 90+% so watch them closely!

Enjoy!!
USA Trinity3777
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 124

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:32 pm   Post subject: Golden Globes Reply with quote

Thanks for posting Golden Globe information. I always find it interesting to see the differences between the Globes and the Oscars. I find the Globes to be very predictable, whereas the Oscars always throw in a few surprises at you.
Also, as far as "worthy mention" goes, do you really think Johnny Depp has a shot at a nomination for Pirates? I loved his performance, and if it wasn't for Depp I would have walked out of the theatre, but the Academy never honors work like that, exception for possibly one or two exceptions. Anywho, that's my three cents.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Very Happy
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinity I was startled to see the high correlation between the Oscars and the GGs. Last year for instance, if you knew who won the GGs in the major categories, then saw the Oscar nominees, there was almost no surprise, except that of course the GGs do divide the awards into 2 categories (drame and music/comedy) so last year you would have had to make a choice in like best actor I think.

As for Johnny Depp, I thought he was absolutely great in Pirates of the Carribbean, and I think he has a real shot to win the GG...main competition will be Jack Nicholson of course. The Oscars are another story. I took a quick peek back in Oscar history and noticed only a few actors that were even NOMINATED in a musical/comedy series:

Dudley Moore - Arthur (1981)
Dustin Hoffman - Tootsie (1982)
Robin Williams - Good Morning Vietnam (1987) Kinda?
Tom Hanks - Big (1988)
Jack Nicholson - As Good as It Gets (1997)

So in 13 years, only 5 nominations and the only winner was Jack Nicholson in 1997. So with the very very strong lineup of actor nominees this year, I'd say Johnny Depp's chances of garnering a nomination is pretty remote, and even more remote of him getting it. However, if he GETS a nomination, maybe that shows that the academy is bucking tradtion and he would have a shot. Personally I'd love to see him get it, but I'm betting on Sean Penn in Mystic River. That could change tho based on GGs and publicity plays.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: