StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

AVP with spoliers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada holojedi
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 949

holojedi is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website holojedi's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see this movie, at last they decide to make one, hope it will kick some acid blood...Music wise!
Keith Moore
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 55

Keith Moore is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Keith Moore's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Cameron offered AvP? I recall him saying he wanted nothing to do with past projects (Spiderman or Terminator 3...can't remember) where he didn't own the characters. I get the feeling he's made so much money off of Titanic that he's shaping his life only around projects that make him happy, which hasn't included Hollywood in awhile.

The fact that AvP is coming out in August suggests that the film is hoping to be good enough for a summer release, but not strong enough to put it up in June or July against the big summer flicks. August tends to be one of those safe gamble months...if it's good kids are still on vacation and will have time to pack theaters. My theory, anyway.

The trailers are still a bit vague at the moment, so I'm not sure. Love the concept, though.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the Cameron was mad they killed off newt and Hicks. He has expressed interess in another Alien/aliens movie. We'll jusst have to wait and see.
Captain

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i saw the trailer last night. it was attached to Chronicles of Riddick. there was a few more screen shots added to this one vs. the trailer online from the AVP site. But i'm still not sold on it. Riddick i thought was good by the way.
Lieutenant

Member#: 2617

GrooveMerchant is offline View user's profile Send private message GrooveMerchant's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Riddick was good? I'm still debating if I'm gonna make my way to the theater or just check it out on video. I've heard both bad and good about it, so I'm kinda conflicted.

Oh, it's too bad that AvP is gonna probably gonna just be a vehicle for special effects, with other things like dialogue, plot and acting, taking a back seat. But whatever happens, sometimes it's good to just see a good dumb movie, as Cocles mentioned earlier I think. Kinda like Freddy vs Jason, a really dumb movie, but at the same time, very entertaining, worth at least one quick watch if you're bored.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There's definitely a place for good dumb fun. Wink
GrooveMerchant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

GrooveMerchant is offline View user's profile Send private message GrooveMerchant's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed there is, and I think it deserves its own topic Very Happy
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yepper. hope the music is cool. at least maybe it will be good.
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone heard more about the music in this? Not sure if the music in the trailers are part of it?
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Ok, I'll bite: what is a 'snap'

Oh btw, Cal is back Smile

Cal- i didn't know you left.

And i think the movie is a dumb idea, but even if it's dumb fun, i still won't see it. I can't imagine all the crap that will jump out at you in this one.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl, that was march 20.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i take it no one saw this yet? I checked and the ST will not be out until the 31.
Lieutenant

AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it this afternoon, it was pretty bad to say the least. It was so bad in fact that I don't think I even need to explain that comment, since I don't think anybody is gonna disagree with me on this, and my full opinion would result in an extremely long and drawn out rant.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen it yet, and I'm holding off because of something I heard in a review. Perhaps one of you who saw it can confirm:

Spoiler:
Apparently the filmmakers decided to ignore several facts that have already been set up in previous movies. Namely that the aliens now gestate in hours instead of days, and (this is what really rose my eyebrow) the Predators are wimps without all their gear.

Predators? Wimps? I should have written this film.
GrooveMerchant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say so Cocles, but your information was right.......

Spoiler:
It seems as though the aliens now gestate in about 20 minutes or so, and then in 5 minutes they are full grown and are somehow able to take out 2 predators at a time, since predators are now pansies for some reason. Although this timeline is hard to make sense of, due to poor editing. For example, the scene where they escape the temple at the end. They spend all of this time going to and trying to get out of the temple, yet when they're running from the bomb it takes them 3 seconds to get back to the tunnel. Brings up another question, why did they even need the main character there to begin with anyways? She was supposed to be the master climber and keep everyone safe on the dangerous icy trek right? She even makes her little speech about how they need to have their people well trained or else someone is gonna get hurt. Did they climb any mountains? or even really walk anywhere in the wilderness? Did anything that happened lead anyone to believe that they where in any type of real danger from the enviroment? They freaking drove to the temple site! Cmon people! At least give me one image of someone climbing a mountain or being attacked by a polar bear, or something! At least try to fool me into thinking that there is a point to any of this non-sense!

Quick Rant: I don't know who they had doing the creature effects and such for this movie, but there are times when when I seriously thought I was watching a b-movie. Particulary the final scene with the queen alien. Another thing, they decided to make all of the predators look like they where on steroids. They where too bulky and didn't seem to move right, not to mention that the make up work was way off. I went home and watched the final scene of the original Predator and I must say that the first one, 1987 , looks much more realistic and convincing than the new ones.

Another Quick Rant: Loose ends and plots developments that go nowhere, this film was full of them. For example, the chemist with the two kids he needs to get home to, and the archeologist. Both started to get developed in the first 20 minutes, then they're suddenly killed off along with everyone else. I was sure that there was going to be some type of tie-in with the picture the chemist took in the abandoned town in the begining, but they they just dropped it, another pointless scene......

Another thing, Lance Henkrickson's character, who is set up to be the greedy evil mastermind trying to get the predator's technology, turns out to be a good guy. What the hell? If they really did have no idea that there where going to be aliens and predators there, why did they all come with machine guns?

More Problems: In the flashback scene with the three predators fighting off millions of aliens on top of the temple, they self destruct and the temple is somehow left standing Rolling Eyes Yet when the second predator does the same thing, the temple explodes, what the hell?

Also, we're supposed to buy that three predators can mow down thousands of aliens from the flashback, yet that one alien kills two predators in the begining of the movie. This also makes the twist at the end of the movie seem pointless, one alien on a ship full of a hundred predators, big whoop, like the predators are in big trouble or something?

This movie made me angry Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: