StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Soundtrack Review Sites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Where do you go to read Soundtrack Reviews?
Cinemusic [http://www.cinemusic.net/]
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Filmtracks [http://www.filmtracks.com/]
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Score Reviews [http://www.scorereviews.com/]
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
SoundtrackNet [http://www.soundtrack.net/]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tracksounds [http://www.tracksounds.com/]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The one not listed
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

cen_sys
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 1071

cen_sys is offline View user's profile Send private message cen_sys's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:47 pm   Post subject: Soundtrack Review Sites Reply with quote

if sst were to merge with a review site...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think SST should merge. Let them do their job, and let SST do theirs.
USA Trinity3777
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 124

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't search for reviews on scores. Since people, especially when it comes to movie scores, have such a wide variety of taste I usually just count on my own set of ears. I usually hit amazon and listen to the music, or to the movie's website and they have samples there, u can listen to. However, if I had to pick one place I'd have to say the User Reviews on Amazon.com
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 124

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:

Amen!
Lieutenant

Member#: 1192

Emile is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Emile's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:

I absolutly agree with that and if I going to read reviews of a score, I mostly go to http://www.filmmuziek.be/ ....
however, I never really going to read it, I more listen on SST to a soundtrack, and judge for myself...
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty interesting question. I may make this a poll on the site.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not go to any sites for review of soundtracks, movies, shows, plays, or any other damned thing. Experience has shown that nearly everything that I like has been given indifferent to bad reviews by the "critics" and yet the things they rave over I hate. I get more information (and a more accurate view as well) from the chat board and forum on this site (aside from some peoples seeming vandetta against John Williams). So my answer to the poll would have to be the "other" site, with that site being SST.

Congrats Jeric. You have just entered into the realm of being a movie music review site.
Wink I am so happy to be here for this moment. <sniff>

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that some of the soundtrack review sites are snobby purists too. If SST were ever to have written reviews we would have our own without any collaboration from other sites. It is interesting to see people's opinions of other review sites though. That would be the only reason for the poll if I were to make one on the site. I notice there are a few review sites missing from this poll too. I think our links section covers them all (except for one which I won't get into why right now). I think one of the better done sites is Tracksounds.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So the question begs to be asked here.

Should SST have our own movie and game ST reviews?

They could be submitted for approval to the mods and posted to the website in a forum style discussion or in a static style. Either way it would be good to have someone who has actually listened to ALL the tracks on an album give a review of the music and would also offer some diverse opinions.

Any thoughts on this people?
Cadet 3

Member#: 5470

malibu is offline View user's profile Send private message malibu's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:03 pm   Post subject: new member Reply with quote

I just found this site and I wanted to say it's great! Straightforward, great collection, good sound.

Whatever changes take place, don't loose what you have now. ..looking forward to many hours of listening.

-malibu
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Like so many have mentioned, I just use my ear. Honestly, I've never checked a review site ever! Now, I strictly use SST to hear a track or two and my decision is made.
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that SST should remain its own entity and not merge with any other review sites. However, sometimes I wonder why knowledgeable SST members are posting reviews on other sites instead of writing brief comments or impressions in the Soundtracks Forum here to advise other SST viewers? It would definitely help keep these forums going. However, for detailed track by track reviews, those other review sites are probably more appropriate. What do you think?
Patje
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 482

Patje is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Patje's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Like so many have mentioned, I just use my ear. Honestly, I've never checked a review site ever! Now, I strictly use SST to hear a track or two and my decision is made.

Me too. Cool
Lieutenant

Member#: 5444

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually check out filmtracks.com. I don't always agree with the reviews. SST is now my best way of hearing scores before I buy them.
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most of you... I don't make decisions based on written reviews of music. It doesn't matter if we're talking Soundtrack, Rock, Jazz, Classical, or whatever else. I need to listen to samples.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: