StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Please mr Administrator, more requests per hour.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
zeverken
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 260

zeverken is offline View user's profile Send private message zeverken's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:14 pm   Post subject: Please mr Administrator, more requests per hour. Reply with quote

we will love you for all eternity!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 1:22 am   Post subject: Please mr Administrator, more requests per hour. Reply with quote

quote:

we will love you for all eternity!

Well I wouldnt go that far, but I agree that the queue is empty most of the time, in the weekends and in the mornings (in Europe). Maybe a 1/1 again in those periods?
Postman
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 234

Postman is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Postman's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:05 am   Post subject: Please mr Administrator, more requests per hour. Reply with quote

I agree with you, Cal. But sometimes I see 2/2. Isn't it better for us to change that to 1/1? I think that has no impact on the queue length, and more easy for requesters.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:00 am   Post subject: Please mr Administrator, more requests per hour. Reply with quote

Requests will stay 1/2 until all the new soundtracks get significant playtime. Then it will go to 2/2 on nights and weekends again.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:17 am   Post subject: Please mr Administrator, more requests per hour. Reply with quote

quote:
Requests will stay 1/2 until all the new soundtracks get significant playtime.
Well is one morning not enough then ?

Well ok you are the boss [Wink]
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 4:50 am   Post subject: Please mr Administrator, more requests per hour. Reply with quote

Nope, not one morning is enough for +40 hours of music added to the playlist. It might be a few weeks before I do add the whole playlist. I am adding tons more stuff soon too.

USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:41 am   Post subject: Please mr Administrator, more requests per hour. Reply with quote

This is just an oppinion on my part but, I think the playlist should be using the full database. A simple random number generation routine to select the key for the song. Error check that against the 99 recently played list and you are golden Jeric. I can see a limited play list for holidays but normally the random selection should be just that, completely random. If you want to get the new stuff on more frequently, that is easy to arange. Simply select from those tracks first. If the track hits the 99 song rule then go to the general selection. Your new albums get increased air time without bombarding the listeners with the same albums over and over again. There will be other albums mixed in.

This is just a humble opinion that I have on the subject. I Understand why the requests are 1 every 2 hours and accept that. I hope to see the 2 every 2 hours soon but I will not hold my breath (so to speak) waiting for it either.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:32 am   Post subject: Please mr Administrator, more requests per hour. Reply with quote

I think people aren't aware of the limitations of the software I am using. Believe me, I have pushed SAM 1.3 beyond its capability.

I don't think having 45 CDs in the playlist with still having the ability to make requests is unreasonable. I would say a lot of radio stations don't even have 45 CDs in their total playlist.

Another reason why I like to load only a portion of the playlist is becuase is takes nearly an hour just to add what is now almost a 13,000 song total playlist. SAM 1.3 is old and limited, but I have to use it for now. SAM 2.0 is out but there is one feature that it is missing that is absolutely neccessary- upload capability. Once they add that feature to SAM 2.0 then I can start using it. And THAT will fix all the small annoyances we have now.

USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:57 am   Post subject: Please mr Administrator, more requests per hour. Reply with quote

Ahh! I see now Jeric why you have some thing [Big Grin] s set up the way that you do. I was not aware of the limitations that you had with the software. I was under the impression that things were set up differently than they are and Apologize for impling any criticism. I hope for your sake that the SAM 2.0 comes out with the upload ability soon so that you can stop fielding these petty problems. [Big Grin] I am happy with the current set up as it is myself other than I would "like" to have more requests (just me nobody else) but I know that is not going to happen so I will just say thank you and good day sir.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: