StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Academy Award - Best original Score Poll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 

The winner is:
"Big Fish" Danny Elfman
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
"Cold Mountain" Gabriel Yared
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
"Finding Nemo" Thomas Newman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
"House of Sand and Fog" James Horner
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
"LotR: The Return of the King" Howard Shore
75%
 75%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 16

Belgium Tron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:32 am   Post subject: Academy Award - Best original Score Poll Reply with quote

Wich one is your favorite?

Last edited by Tron on Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
USA SeaRaptor
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 3621

SeaRaptor is offline View user's profile Send private message SeaRaptor's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a trick question? =)

I have heard very few scores in the past year that can hold a candle to RotK -- certainly not among those nominated alongside it.
Norway Muriel VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe these scores should get some extra playtime during the next month so that we can get a chance to listen to them and make up our minds?
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SST has its own awards. The nominees of our awards will be announced soon. The listeners will get the chance to listen to the soundtracks.

Are these soundtracks good? I rarely hear them on the stream. Except for RotK of course. Like last year Oscar winnen Frida. Wtf? I prefer Badelt's Time Machine.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

hard to remember but ah... Does the SST Awards occur after the acadmy awards or during?

In My opinion the osscars will have to start looking at this site for inspiration...
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

During...
the joyrider
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 270

the joyrider is offline View user's profile Send private message the joyrider's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

why isn't elfman's hulk and don davis's matrix reloaded / revolutions not in the nominee's?

what's more original than davis' composing style and unique sound? let alone the unique and innovative blend of techno for scoring action scenes?
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

those arent listed, because they were not nominated for academy awards.

I certainly disagree with SeaRaptor on the soundtracks. I love the ROTK soundtrack and I'd state my next 3 paychecks that it will win the Oscar. Which basically means nothing, really if you look at it historically.

However, to say that none of the other nominees can stack up, is a bit shortsighted. Each of them are outstanding in their own way, and I'd be proud to own them all.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

joyridesuperstar wrote:
why isn't elfman's hulk and don davis's matrix reloaded / revolutions not in the nominee's?

what's more original than davis' composing style and unique sound? let alone the unique and innovative blend of techno for scoring action scenes?

I gave my response to this in the comments of the SST awards poll.
Zimmer_Fan
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 811

Zimmer_Fan is offline View user's profile Send private message Zimmer_Fan's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:45 pm   Post subject: Anyone else surprised Reply with quote

Is anyone else surprised that Hans Zimmer's Last Samurai wasn't nominated. I was almost positive it was going to get a nomination let alone the oscar. Don't get me wrong...I love Howard Shore's score to ROTK I just thought Zimmer's Last Samurai was better. I really believed Zimmer deserved an oscar for this one!
Gr81
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5444

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny Elfman's score for The Hulk was incredible. I knew he would get award nominations for 2003, but figured it would be for Big Fish. The Hulk is certainly a better score than most people realize. It did get a Saturn Award nomination, though. I hope Elfman is brought back for the sequel.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Hulk really sounded like typical Elfman. It was a decent score but Big Fish was a stretch for him and a good one too. I hope he continues to do more unique stuff.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:46 pm   Post subject: Best Score Oscar Reply with quote

I can't say that RotK didn't deserve an Oscar... although I'd say that Danny Elfman's Big Fish was equally deserving. Howard Shore's work was big... epic... and hence very flashy (and that was exactly what the film called for) while Elfman's score for Big Fish was for a really personal story (although epic in its own way). I figure Shore won this time around because the film composer community (who, indeed, are the voters for the score oscar) just happened to like RotK better than Big Fish in terms of its overall quality.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved seeing Shore with two Oscars in his hands on the stage when he collected his "best song" one :-)
mickeybumps97
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4092

mickeybumps97 is offline View user's profile Send private message mickeybumps97's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

can we just say.....landslide? Although, it was good. I must say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: