StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

1 request an hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Caliburn

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 1:00 am   Post subject: 1 request an hour Reply with quote

I was wondering why you can only request one pick an hour. When I log on (12:00 AM EST) to about 5:00 AM EST) the queue is almost always empty.

Cant it be set at 2 an hour or something?
cvb
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 65

cvb is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website cvb's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 4:43 am   Post subject: 1 request an hour Reply with quote

I have to agree with Cal here. The queue always seems empty. I think the only time it gets bad is during afternoon in the US.

I tend to find that real people make better choices than the computer too.
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 5:28 am   Post subject: 1 request an hour Reply with quote

My thoughts are similar. I understand that with more than 1 request an hour the queue can concievably get to big to mannage but I feel 2 requests an hour is not unreasonable. The queue might get large during "peak" hours but this is something that you would expect. With 2 requests an hour a person feels free to try new STs. With 1 request they don't want to "waste" it and will pick the same old stoge. Please up the requests to 2 an hour. We'll be good. I promise!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 5:52 am   Post subject: 1 request an hour Reply with quote

I have to agree as well. I like to try out new songs, but I don't want to spend my only request on something that I'm not sure I'll like...I try to stick to my favorites with only one choice. As others have said, the queue doesn't seem to get very backlogged with one request, and when it was two requests before, it didn't seem overwhelmingly backlogged either.

Is there some reason we went to one request? I think if there was a vaild reason, we would all understand.

Thanks!
Fanatic2k4
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 41

Fanatic2k4 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Fanatic2k4's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 4:30 pm   Post subject: 1 request an hour Reply with quote

Another thing that I'd like to add is that when I choose my song, I usually pick the longest one in the songtrack, only because I want to hear as many themes as I can. This can get quite borring.

I agree with cvb that people make much better choices then the computer. It gets borring listening to bits and peaces of different soundtracks.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 6:27 pm   Post subject: 1 request an hour Reply with quote

The reason why I reduced requests to 2 is the same songs were being played over and over again. A station with almost 7,000 songs now shouldn't be like the narrow FM radio playlists. I'll keep requests at 2 for now, to see how it goes again. Thanks to those that are trying new songs. [Smile]

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 11:35 pm   Post subject: 1 request an hour Reply with quote

Hmm, haven't thought it that way [Smile] . One thing I noticed is that when a request is to more then one, people always request more tracks from the same movie in one 'request-turn'. That is also not good for the variaty of the playlist.

I don't know if it is possible to change that nor do I know if people like that idea, but these are my 2 (euro)cents. [Wink]
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 4:35 am   Post subject: 1 request an hour Reply with quote

there will always be people picking their favorites and 1 track per hour will not keep them from doing that. 0 tracks per hour is what is needed to prevent that. That is not what this station is about though so that is never going to happen. We all have our favorites and are going to pick them from time to time but there are also times when we will pick others. Before here I had never heard many of these tracks and I have come to enjoy several of them greatly. Some I do not and there are more that I have not heard yet. (7000+ tracks remember) I plan to continue to explore and try new things. These days I get on the system for about 2 hours every morning and I anticipate that I will not be able to keep up with Jeric's aquisitions of new ST's but I will have fun trying.
Cadet 1

Member#: 268

Marko Alexander is offline View user's profile Send private message Marko Alexander's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 1:35 pm   Post subject: 1 request an hour Reply with quote

2 an hour would be great.
Brazil eduardofpl
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 10333

eduardofpl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website eduardofpl's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

2 request in a hour should give us more opportunities.
I agree!
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have trouble understanding why someone would post in a thread after almost 3 years. The topic has been overtaken by events so long ago that it's not relevant today. I appreciate you wanting to participate in the forums, but put a little time in to understanding what's going on and make a meaningful post instead of replying to an old thread.

jeff
sdg
USA Furyen
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 196

Furyen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Furyen's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

j2 you spoil sport. Razz Let the poor guy make his posts. Way to go eduardofpl!!! Keep those old threads alive!!!

"Roll 'em, Roll 'em, Roll 'em, keep thos old threads going!!!!" Roll High!!!!

Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

j2brown wrote:
I have trouble understanding why someone would post in a thread after almost 3 years.

Good question... my guess is that Eduardo just wasn't paying attention to just how far back this thread goes. j2 is right. The request system is very different now, and this thread doesn't make much sense in terms of how things work at present.

Anyhow, Eduardo, you might want to pay closer attention to that in the future.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This brings back memories LOL.

Me as a whiney user ROFL
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm ... two old threads brought back to life ... both started by Cal ... interesting
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: