StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Remove this track...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:33 pm   Post subject: Remove this track... Reply with quote

It's not music...

Artificial Intelligence
DVD Featurette - The Music Of A.I.

Just the guy talking about the music. Really, I'd rather listen to Rocky Horror, and you know what I think of that.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like that track. It has the music in the background and bits of the movie too. How does everyone else feel about it? I don't think it gets overplayed either.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
mickeybumps97
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4092

mickeybumps97 is offline View user's profile Send private message mickeybumps97's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think it is just fine. I mean, it is a slight break from the norm but sometimes a little change-up is needed, if you get my drift. I neither like or dislike the track on the basis that: A: yes, there is music in the background and B: no because there is talking. But then again, look at the Dual of the Fates (dialogue version) and how wonderfully that is doing. That is quite possibly the only talking track I like. But again, some change ups are good in music. That is the wonders of soundtracks, they differ so nicely!
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah, what happened to all the gimps in the chat on the main page when it was played who were complaining? No backup... >:E
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I just noticed this post. So, I requested the DVD featurette...I'll let you know what I think.
Commander

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
I really like that track. It has the music in the background and bits of the movie too. How does everyone else feel about it? I don't think it gets overplayed either.
Well, I'll have to say I disagree with you on this one. Even though it has JW's music in the background and clips from the movie, 90% of it is a commentary - not fit for playing on SST (IMHO).

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you don't think hearing John Williams talk about the amazing score he did on AI was entertaining. So much for the on-air interviews we had planned.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think it breaks the nice flow of scores we have playing with almost 6 minutes of talk. Hmmm, if you take the Gladiator soundtracks for example. Now that's awesome, the score with movie clips. But, somehow commentary is different. I guess we'll see what other people think in this forum.
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think it's fine...

In fact, I think the whole idea of having interviews with composers on the station is a fantastic one. But to placate those who are opposed, perhaps we could set aside a certain time each day when a brief interview could be played, assuming that we had a sufficiently large selection of interviews... maybe somebody (or somebodies) could interview some composers and then each question could be used as a brief spoken word interlude. Just an idea to consider...
Nonoluna
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 5619

Nonoluna is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Nonoluna's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I haven't heard this particular AI track that is being discussed, the idea of interviews with composers is fantastic!

Or dual interviews with directors and producers and how they wanted the soundtrack to be and why they chose a particular composer and the process of making the st work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: