StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Bond James Bloom???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet we have a Bond that that sleeps with older women, can handle a lightsabre and is always high on heroin.

McGregor kicks *ss :D
MatrixGuy
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 5770

MatrixGuy is offline View user's profile Send private message MatrixGuy's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite bond would have to be Connery. He set the standard for other bonds to come.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be glad to see Brosnan back for another one... even though he still hasn't topped Goldeneye (in my opinion). When they replace him, it had better be another British actor... it wouldn't seem right otherwise.
Patje
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 482

Patje is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Patje's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Last rumour I heard: The next Bond will be..... Robbie Williams Rolling Eyes

But they told it on television on April 1st.
Yeah right. Nice, with Britney Spears as the Bondgirl and Fred Durst as bad-guy Twisted Evil

Connery is the only true Bond.
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Patje wrote:
Connery is the only true Bond.
I don't know why so many people like Connery the best. It seems that his action sequences in the Bond movies do not flow somehow...my opinion anyways.
Ensign

Member#: 5770

MatrixGuy is offline View user's profile Send private message MatrixGuy's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let me just say that I think Connery is the best because he set the standard for the James Bonds to follow him. I'm not going to say that he was the only good Bond, because in my opinion that is not true. However, I do believe that Connery had his own special charm and style that seemed to have a great impact on the audience of that time period. Therefore he is my favorite James Bond.
Gr81
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5444

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Connery is the best Bond ever, though Pierce Brosnan comes in at an extremely close second. I hope Brosnan does at least one more Bond film. How about Ewan McGregor as the next Bond?
Lieutenant

Member#: 482

Patje is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Patje's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you read this topic?
Then you had noticed that McGregor is mentioned. And to quote Cal:

Quote:
Sweet we have a Bond that that sleeps with older women, can handle a lightsabre and is always high on heroin.

McGregor kicks *ss Very Happy

Although I am a Bond-fan, I concur. Cool
Lieutenant

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that. Just wanted to hear other people's opinions about the idea.
Lieutenant

Member#: 849

FoxMcleod64 is offline View user's profile Send private message View FoxMcleod64's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been following this story for awhile since I huge Bond fan (19/20 VHS 007 movies & 14/20 DVD) I really don't know who I want for the new Bond after Brosnan vacates the part.

Ewan McGreggor- if he hadn't been Obi-Won in the prequels, then yeah this would have been a great choice since he's a Scotsman like Connery is.

Jude Law- another good choice, maybe if he beefed up a little, probably be my choice in the end if it was up to me, unless someone presents a good reason to change my mind

Hugh Jackman- no no no, sorry Wolverine, but I can't see this man as a "charming, sophisticated, British agent."

Robert Downey Jr.- yeah, I laughed at this too, but he didn't look too bad in a tux in Chaplin.

Hugo Weaving- I laughed at this one too, no way

and finally,
Orlando Bloom- sorry everyone, but I think Orlando Bloom is just the "flavor of the week". Sure, he was great as Legolas and would be a good choice for a young Bond, but I want to make sure he has staying power as a movie star first.

Personally, if Ioan Gruffudd (Horatio Hornblower) was ten years older, he'd be a good Bond, but he'd probably take it in the direction of a dark, brooding Bond a la Timothy Dalton.
keolanut
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 2782

keolanut is offline View user's profile Send private message keolanut's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I love Orlando Bloom ( My wall is coverd in his pics) theres no way I could see him playing James Bond. I mean hes to young and well he doesnt have that James Bond thing going for him. I'll always remember him as the hot soilder from Black Hawk down or As the sweet and innocent elf form LOTR but to see him as A Jamse Bond with that whity sex apeal would be really hard. He just doesnt have it. I think that Hugh Jackman would make a Great Bond. He has it all. Hes slick hes got sex apeal and Hes built like a Bond. Smile
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this is quite tough - I reckon they should go with a harder edge on bond. Someone mentioned the quality of not quite knowing what the character is thinking: I like that. So how about Robert Carlisle? Tough British actor (also in Trainspotting, The Face and Brassed Off I think). He has a real attitude and could carry off the swagger.

So how about the worst replacement for James Bond?
Jim Carey? Harrison Ford? This list is endless!
Gr81
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Robert Carlyle the villain in The World Is Not Enough? Anyway, how about Craig Ferguson (Mr. Wick from The Drew Carey Show) as the next Bond? (And no, I am not serious about this particular choice.)
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, Gr81, you're right. Foiled again. If it weren't for these pesky kids... etc etc..
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

mellowman wrote:

So how about the worst replacement for James Bond?
Jim Carey? Harrison Ford? This list is endless!

Oh man... Jim Carey... that would be a complete disaster. I shudder just thinking about the idea. He'd be even worse than Rowan Atkinson, who is at least British.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: