StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Bond James Bloom???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Carey as Bond? Wouldn't that look a little like a re-vamped "The Mask"? Laughing
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5089

TrickSpine is offline View user's profile Send private message TrickSpine's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

with all of these questions and suggestions, i'm surprised that no one has brought up the obvious: why are they even looking for a new Bond? Confused why would they carry on? the last 6 or 7 Bond movies have sucked and they're all soooooooooo boring. they contain random mindless action sequences being cheesily acted out in reaction to the world's latest impossible fatal affliction. countless wacky gagets and explosions cause anyone in the audience with half a brain to mutter bitterly, "only in hollywood". so, why? why, why, why, why, why????
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 1:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you're a wank who's just trying to start an argument. Go back to grade school.
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

TrickSpine wrote:
they contain random mindless action sequences being cheesily acted out in reaction to the world's latest impossible fatal affliction.

You've answered your own question, Trick. Some of us love a good bit of cheese. Mine's Stilton please Very Happy
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 2:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree, Mellowman... sometimes a bit of cheese is good, and that's why James Bond continues to be so popular.

Anyhow, Trick, I don't agree that the last 7 or 8 have been bad. I thought that Goldeneye (1995) was actually quite well done. And I hasten to point out that the James Bond series isn't strictly a Hollywood thing. There has been increasing American participation in recent years, but it has traditionally been a British thing... they built an enourmous soundstage over there in the UK for "The Spy who Loved Me" in the 70s... sadly, it burnt down during the production of Ridley Scott's "Legend."
TrickSpine
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5089

TrickSpine is offline View user's profile Send private message TrickSpine's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

heh heh. yah, that's cool.
aaronebner
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 8165

aaronebner is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail aaronebner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloom cant be Bond... Hugh jackman will be good as Bond
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that bloom is playing bond in his pre secret service days. Not bloom for the regular movies. I believe that's what is at the beginning of this forum.

But i don't think Jackman would be good at all. He just doesn't seem the bond type.

Last edited by thuringwethil on Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
aaronebner
Ensign
Ensign

aaronebner is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail aaronebner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

and what do u think about Clive Owen? I saw him in the BMW movies and he would be too...
shock
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 3465

shock is offline View user's profile Send private message shock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

"AP Wire reports that Pierce Brosnan says he thinks fellow Irishman Colin Farrell would be his ideal successor to the role of 007.

Brosnan said several actors could ably fill his shoes as James Bond, which he played four times from 1995 to 2002, but "I'll give it to Colin Farrell. He'll eat the head off them all" said Brosnan following an entertainment awards ceremony Saturday in Dublin."
shock
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

shock is offline View user's profile Send private message shock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

And here's Farrell's reply to that:

"Pierce has f**ked me. He just shot that out. It's great to think that he has that much faith in me but I have no idea. I haven't heard a thing about it except for Pierce and I don't think they're listening to him for casting anyway".
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So shock - who would you pick?
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin Farrell. Very Happy
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

me too Smile Hope he does it.
Ensign

MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Colin too rough to be Bond, but better than Bloom... Connery would be Bond, he is old but still handsome Very Happy [/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: