StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

More Game Soundtracks of Old.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
mickeybumps97
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4092

mickeybumps97 is offline View user's profile Send private message mickeybumps97's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:57 am   Post subject: More Game Soundtracks of Old. Reply with quote

There are so many soundtracks out there for games, both old and new. Alot of the stuff that is out there is mainly the newer games and such. Mostly, after Nintendo64. In my opinion, I think that more of the older game soundtracks should be collected and/or redone so that the SST community can enjoy and reminisce. These older soundtracks, although somewhat basic, were absolutely phenominal. Games such as Super Mario RPG, the Duke Nukem series, and others! These games presented such an amazing soundtrack that made these games so full of life. Music of the game draws you in as much as the content of the game itself if not sometimes more.

In a nutshell, I think that more game soundtracks should be found and added to the list of wonderful soundtracks on SST.

In your opinions, do you think the same thing or do you think otherwise? Elaborate.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If they exist and they're good, we snag them.

You should check out the Orchestral Game CD's we have on the playlist. Lots of old stuff done by a full orchestra. Very cool. Cool
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Smash Bros. DX Orchestra too is one of the best albums we have.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
mickeybumps97
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

mickeybumps97 is offline View user's profile Send private message mickeybumps97's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I couldn't agree more! Both the Orchestral Game stuff and The Mario game have great soundtracks. I just figured it would be a nice thing to hear some other tracks from games. I like the fact that Castlevania: SOTN and PE 1 and 2 are listed. I like that. As well as Star Ocean: the second story, that is a good one. Well, anyways it was just a thought.
Storyteller
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 5256

Storyteller is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Storyteller's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I was just introduced to one that I am really in love with: "Makai Senki Disgaea Arrange Soundtrack" for the game Disgaea.

Have you guys heard this one yet? It has a very Danny Elfman feel to it.

I have no idea where to look for this one to be honest as I heard my friends mp3's. If you find it (it's supposedly way OOP), check it out.

Storyteller
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

MMM.....I am sorry no I haven't. But, I am sure I will check that out. I am always on the outlook for video game STs.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Micky, you should listen to the Final Fantasy Symphonic Suite... I still think that the original FF had one of the best scores ever seen in a video game, and the symphonic version really does it justice.
Zharnak
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 5084

Zharnak is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Zharnak's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Never played much console stuff until I got my PS2 and X-Box. Went from the old NES to PC and didn't look back til the new systems came out. Have always been big into PC games, though. Loved the music from StarControl 2, repetitive as it was, it fit the various races involved. Also love the music from more recent games like FreeSpace 1&2, Wing Commander IV, and the Homeworld games (1&2, Cataclysm), Thief 1&2, and System Shock 2.
Patje
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 482

Patje is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Patje's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In a nutshell, I think that more game soundtracks should be found and added to the list of wonderful soundtracks on SST.

Although I do like a good game-soundtrack (Medal of Honor and Metal Gear Solid), the main reason I listen to SST are the various moviesoundtracks. When a new ST is coming out, I'll listen it here first before I decide to buy it, maybe even watch the movie.
With game-ST it's different. It's very hard to find those soundtracks and I, often, don't play the games.
When I listen to movie-ST, I try to picture the movie before me and relive the action. I don't have that with games.

So if you ask me, no thanks. Cool
Lieutenant

Member#: 1192

Emile is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Emile's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Patje"]
Quote:

When I listen to movie-ST, I try to picture the movie before me and relive the action. I don't have that with games.

So if you ask me, no thanks. Cool

i do hace that with games > exmaple with halo > there is see every level when i hear the different music...
so, more gamemusic for me...
however buying is not likely for, cause i don't have a creditcard... Crying or Very sad
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that too with some game soundtracks.

In the Diablo 2 soundtrack there is track called "The Siege" which takes place when:

***Spoiler Warning***

Ahem, in the game your job is to Kill Diablo and his brothers.
The plot goes the same for whatever character you play, but as the barbarian it's the most dramatic.

After killing Diablo, his brother Baal goes with his army to destroy your mountain home town in revenge. When you arrive home you find your town under seige and about to be destroyed. The twist is that since you've left home you've become a veritable badass in your quest to Kill Diablo. "The Siege" plays when you open the city gates to take on the entire army.

Good stuff... and probably more info than you needed.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to point out that there is a lot of unexplored game music in the playlist. Like I heard the last track off of Falcom Neo Classic for the first time in a long time and now I am back into it. Great CD!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Netherlands Emile
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1192

Emile is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Emile's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

since 2 years iam a seriously gamer, and since then the st's became better and better...

a-bit-older twin of olaziolek
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Emile, go check the post I made a couple hours ago in the "Soundtrack of your Life" thread.
mickeybumps97
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurr78 wrote:
Micky, you should listen to the Final Fantasy Symphonic Suite... I still think that the original FF had one of the best scores ever seen in a video game, and the symphonic version really does it justice.

I love the stuff it's great. Gets better with every game, in my opinion.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: