StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Member Wish List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
whomnet
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 5041

whomnet is offline View user's profile Send private message whomnet's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:52 am   Post subject: Member Wish List Reply with quote

I haven't fully checked if this has been already suggested, so apologies if it has.

The idea is to have somewhere a "member wishlist", where a member can list songs he/she wants to play, so he/she cant fastly track if they have been already played or simply remember them for future requests.

This feature only has to do with the website, not with the DJ software, so it has less backdraws. To my point of view, the things needed would be:

1. A database table with two columns (user/song). If db space is a problem, number of songs per user could be limited.
2. Modify the "Show album" code to add an extra link (add this song to my wishlist)
3. A module that:
3a. Shows the user's wish songs, maybe with an interface close to the queue view (small album/title/author, etc).
3b. Allows directly queuing from the frontend (as the request button on the album info)
3c. Allows the user to remove the song from the wishlist
3d. May allow to see other user's wishlist (optional, depends on work)

I have split the point three so functionalities could be implemented gradually (ie: a first version doing until point 3b and a latter version doing 3c)
Altoid
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 413

Altoid is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Altoid's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:13 am   Post subject: I can see why and why not to have this Reply with quote

I can see why and why not to have this

_Why_
Sure, love to keep my "favorites" listed *koff* not just SW *koff*

_Why_Not_
Keeps me from exploring the other options out there
Variety is the spice of life, as they say
~~~~~
If I _really_ want to keep track of my favorite tracks I can:
1) Add them as bookmarks/favorites on my web browser
2) Copy & paste the links for those tracks into a Word, Notepad, etc. document
3) Write the URLs down in my PDA
4) Put links to my favorite tracks on my personal web site
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Im thinking along the same lines at Altoid here.

One of the deadliest things that can happen on this site, is for everyone to get tunnelvisioned. People that come in and play the same things over and over, will cause this station to be no better than any other, "non-request" station with a smaller playlist. All we end up hearing is the Raiders marches and Lord of the Rings 24 hours a day. Too much of a good thing is bad. Thats exactly like going to another station that has a playlist of about 50 songs and then just cycles through them day in and day out.

What's the point of having a playlist as large as SST's but only play 5% of it? Like Altoid, I see there are already ways to get shortcuts to your favorites using the bookmarks in your browser. But please, think about going outside your comfort zone and listen to new tracks and new works. You might like tham!!
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN! Variety is the spice of life (yay, Altoid). Like Korkster said, I certainly have broadened my soundtrack horizons (does that sound corny??). Anyway, I think it's pretty good the way it is. Wishlists may pose to be a problem as mentioned.
Commander

Member#: 3796

PeteC is offline View user's profile Send private message View PeteC's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with Kork on somehow getting the entire database heard. There is so much good music here and everyone seems to stay within their world. I especially would like to see more of the older scores played. I select them but with the long request times, it doesn't seem to make a dent.

Perhaps, frequent donators could allowed to request more frequently, if they would choose those unusual scores that do not get play.

Maybe I am representing myself just a little there but I'm serious. The wealth here is not
being enjoyed.

Very Happy
good as good. Herein lies evil.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving people more requests for their donations, borders on being illegal.

We do have an "old score" day on the schedule, though. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: