StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Chat Suggestion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
jgarr132
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 13188

jgarr132 is offline View user's profile Send private message jgarr132's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:15 am   Post subject: Chat Suggestion Reply with quote

I had a thought this morning and wanted to share in case others might find this useful.

It would be nice to have a feature in chat that you can turn a "afk" flag of some sort on when you are not paying attention to chat. This would be useful to prevent offending someone if they try to chat to you and you are not responding.

This same "tagging" feature could be used to have some sort of "lurk" tag (not that we would actually call it that) so that those people that don't chat very often but watch it alot could be flagged so that those in chat would know they are around. New conversations could be initiated, or even a "Good Morning ______ " could happen. This could promote a bit more of "community" for those who may not feel as involved with the regulars.

Maybe if this was implemented, the "tagging" feature would be listed next to the now "logged in" users on the right hand panel. Who knows...just a idea Smile

Just a thought Smile Feedback is most appreciated.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ideas, but I don't know that it's worth the development time and effort. Plus, it sounds like people might have to manually update their status. I know that that wouldn't always happen and you'd be in the same situation you're in now.

I think most of us understand that not everybody is watching the chat all the time, and we don't take it personally when we're "ignored". That's just the nature of that chat.

For those who don't feel involved, I say just jump in and say hello. It shouldn't take long to get a feel for the community and the members, so joining a conversation shouldn't be a big deal. I don't think we're that intimidating (but as a regular I guess I can't judge that very well).

Oh, and welcome to SST jgarr. Thanks for the input.

jeff
sdg
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Jgarr! What we have been doing, is trying to let people know when we have to leave chat - sometimes it's just a simple "brb" or "lurk". There are some of us, who let it be known that they'll be gone for a certain timeframe.

If you're looking for someone and can't find them, just ask and I'm sure someone will be able to tell you if they're afk or not. Very Happy

I hope that helps a little!
Ensign

Member#: 13188

jgarr132 is offline View user's profile Send private message jgarr132's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. Smile Just thoughts popping through my head! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: