StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Pop-And-Soundtracks.com!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
IceDragon
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 2904

IceDragon is offline View user's profile Send private message IceDragon's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too sad Sad I don't like most pop music at all. Then again I can understand that you want to address a wider range of listeners, but I am not sure if these new listeners will still be loyal when you fall back to streaming soundtracks only.

I for my part am already looking forward to April the 12th of 2005!

(Hey, my first post in the forums!)

@admins and monderator: This was a VERY good one, really Very Happy
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i came to SST because of the pop manufactured music crap. Plus i like soundtracks too. i'll reserve judgement till it happens.
Lieutenant

Member#: 413

Altoid is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Altoid's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:40 am   Post subject: I am _not_ in favor of this Reply with quote

Christ on a Pogostick! This sux big time.
C'mon guys, don't do it, m'kay?

*pinky smirk*
morningstar64
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 5789

morningstar64 is offline View user's profile Send private message morningstar64's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey yall, this is my first post too. And it's specifically for the purpose of denouncing this new deal. Pop music is certainly NOT my taste, and if this station starts corrupting the constant soundtrack bliss with pop music, then in my opinion, it is selling out just to get to the #1 spot. We're pretty popular as it is; why must we reach the top? I think we're on solid ground right now, and there is absolutely no need to give in to the higher demand for popular music. I'm sure there are tons of other pop-only stations out there that pop fans will listen to. What makes the powers that be at this site think they can draw people away from the competition? If this deal goes through, you won't get many new listeners, and you'll lose some old ones, like me.
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I thought this was a really sick April fools joke. I mean I have nothing AGINST pop music. I listen in my car all the time. Not my favorite kind of music but not bad. But I think the mix might be a bit "radical" for those of us that made this site as popular as it is now. Sure. the playing of pop music WILL bring in more listeners and (God willing) more donations for the station upkeep. but when you start to play more ST's and less pop you will loose people almost as fast. this is why the pop stations on the radio are often here today and gone tomorrow.

My biggest fear here is that the drive for the #1 spot will occlude the true purpose of this site. The love of symphonic soundtracks and the ability to share in that love with other like minded individuals. Will the desire for the #1 spot be strong enough to keep the pop tracks in the majority? Will the community change for the better or for the worse? Will the regulars that I am proud to call my friends still be here a year from now?.

I will continue to come to this site and participate in the community as often as I can but the truth be told, I am quite dissapointed in the new direction that this site will be moving in after the 12th.

May god have mercy on our souls.
Captain

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see who the matrix/briteny plan goes with the music.Smile
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am know I am new here but I have to say that this format change is great. Go Britney!

If I could make a suggestion though, we need to have an all Pixies day every month! What do you say who's with me?
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am! Sure!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA PeteC VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 3796

PeteC is offline View user's profile Send private message View PeteC's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am definitely not for it. I hate the Pop scores on the site, as it is. This is over the top.

Sorry. Crying or Very sad
good as good. Herein lies evil.
Saffron
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 299

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was a clever April Fools Joke. Now I am told it is true. I am really sad about this. Crying or Very sad

I wish there was something more I could do to make SST stay the way it is. I love this place. I too will stay for the chat and people I have met but will probably look for a different music station to listen to.
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
USA FoxMcleod64
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 849

FoxMcleod64 is offline View user's profile Send private message View FoxMcleod64's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:42 am   Post subject: No! Terrible! Reply with quote

Everyone, NO! WRONG! HORRIBLE!

DOWN WITH POP!

This is my favorite music station of all time. I've been listening for a year now when I am on a good broadband connection. I would hate to see this station start streaming popular songs with less of my favorite movie scores.

I do not have very much respect for pop artists from a musical point a view. In fact, my blood cuddles anytime I hear Britney Spears referred to as a musician. These artists are 'entertainers', and not musicians.

Granted, this is just my opinion on popular music in general. There are exceptions here and there. But, popular music does not fit into the kind of station you are wanting to promote. The listeners you draw in by streaming popular music will leave once soundtracks start taking back over. This means if you do make it to the top with this ploy, it will be short lived.

As far as I am concerned, you guys are selling your souls to the Devil for more listeners. Surely, there must other solutions to achieve your goal to reach the number one spot on Live365. Word of mouth is the best way. Tell ten friends about the site, and if they like it, they will tell their friends as well. Advertising is always an option, but I think this would also be counter productive as it becomes expensive to advertise meaning the site wouldn't gain any more money from the new listners because it would be spent on advertisments.

I beg Jeric and the other admins of SST.com to reconsider this move. In order to attract more listeners by going to a pop format, you will be alienating your regular listeners who love the site as is. SST.com is a refreshing break from corporate radio, but with this decision it sounds like you guys are becoming more corporate, forgetting where your roots are, forgetting the people who got you where you are now. Did you even consider what they wanted?

I love this station, I love the people who frequent the site with whom I chat with. I really hate to have to leave because of a change of format to a type of music that I cannot stand interrupting my feed of movie scores.

I only hope this is one big April Fools joke Twisted Evil

Excrono
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 5539

Excrono is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Excrono's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough, this is my first post here, and ultimately, may be the last.

It's one thing to try to be number one, its another to betray your listeners and radically alter your service to do it.

The reason I have listened to this fine web radio station is becasue it offers pure movie scores, with none of the mainstream music that I find to be offensive to the ears. In addition, it has allowed me to sample a massive variety of soundtracks, and expose me to artists that I wouldn't have listened to otherwise. What this station offers stand out from the rest in terms of quality and variety.

If this is really true, then I will have to leave this great place that I had only begun to discover.
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this is horrible. Jeesh, I guess I'll support you all with what ever you decide. Now as Timberlake would say "let me rock your body" I am rockin mine out of here. This is so dumb I am gone forever. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad see you in a year Wink

(edit Cal: Leggy changed his post to play along)

Last edited by Legolas on Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thelenius
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 5733

Thelenius is offline View user's profile Send private message Thelenius's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew, you really got me there for a minute. I was about to post a rant and prepare to listen to SST for the last time when I realized what day it is (in Finland, it's April 1st at the time I´m writing this). That was a too scary one!
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

it's about time the die hard ones come out to show there love for SST.Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: