StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

HOBBIT, There and Back again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:01 pm   Post subject: HOBBIT, There and Back again! Reply with quote

http://www.thehobbitfilm.com/press_release.html
Well wet my pants Confused I have a new Tolkien flick to look forward too! THE HOBBIT! I am going out for a beer in celebration... Razz

I realize its sad to have a beer over this but I am in wisconsin we celebrate everything. Cool
DavisViceIII
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 5773

DavisViceIII is offline View user's profile Send private message DavisViceIII's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

They are actually making it? that is awsome. ive been waiting to hear that new. Im going to be joining you for that beer celebration
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You sure it's not a hoax?
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am not 100% sure it was on the onering.net site... So maybe. but I would think Jackson would direct it... Anyways We will see... cross fingers and drink beer anyways...
Haurk
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4340

Haurk is offline View user's profile Send private message Haurk's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson has said he want to do the Hobbit, but he don't have any contract with any film making companies at the moment and is only conentrating on King Kong.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah Jackson made the first talk about making it. the impression i got was after King Kong if new line says yes he would start it.
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

last I heard Jackson was doing it for sure but the there were 2 different studios that had interest in it. New line being one.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thehobbitfilm.com/

Okay April fools... I saw this on the www.theonering.net And new it was a joke... Just thought I would spread it to here to see if I could get some of you die hards to fall for it... They actually had me for a sec, until I thought about it... the jackson thing made me see it as a joke... Cocles almost blew it in this thread... Smile

later kids!
Gr81
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5444

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Jackson will in fact make The Hobbit after King Kong. New Line Cinema has the rights to make The Hobbit but MGM has the rights to distribute it, and that's what the lawyers are fighting over. Jackson isn't worried about that for now, because he won't be working on The Hobbit for at least two years. Hope this helps.
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Master of the Obvious. Any fool who doesn't know this already wouldn't be reading this thread. And those who don't know this can just wait for the movie to come out... Rolling Eyes

So yeah, it helps...
Gr81
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5444

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Legolas. You're really enjoying kicking my ass, aren't you? Anyway, I hold no grudges against anyone. I am excited and can't wait for The Hobbit to come out.
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy kicking ass! Razz Yours isn't special Wink I am excited and hopeful it will come out as well... Maybe around 2008 Confused
Daz
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 4691

Daz is offline View user's profile Send private message Daz's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping It'll come out soon *crosses fingers*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: