StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The soundtrack to your life?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:35 pm   Post subject: The soundtrack to your life? Reply with quote

I really liked obi-son's question about a theme.

So my question is: what soundtrack would you choose to best reflect your life?

I think mine would be Final Fantasy 7 - It's long, bitty, over-dramatic, often dull and repetitive but ocassionaly brilliant. Hmmm, and a bit cheesy too Wink
USA Techo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5054

Techo is offline View user's profile Send private message View Techo's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting question Smile

I'm not sure what would be my life soundtrack, that needs more thinking , though my choice may depend on my mood at the time of picking Wink.
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mellow, it's kind of hard to pick a soundtrack that reflects your life...Man, it all depends on moods and all that. Need to find a track that portrays at least a dozen (most likely more for if we're talking life here!) different themes/movements/what-not. Hmmmm, this one's a doozy. I might actually have to think (kind of hard after a brutal semester at school!).
Commander

Member#: 12

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely "Once Upon A Time In America". The movie is much about memories and you follow a man through his younger half of his life, so no wonder it fits. Smile
Lieutenant

Member#: 5444

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's either Gladiator or Rambo III. I can't seem to choose between the two.
Lieutenant

Member#: 482

Patje is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Patje's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting question

Quote:
I'm not sure what would be my life soundtrack, that needs more thinking , though my choice may depend on my mood at the time of picking

Indeed. It's the same for me.

Idea Maybe you should rephrase the question to: Which ST reflects you character? I think you might get more answers. Just a thought.
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestion Patje, thanks.

It's an almost completely different question - so what st would reflect my character? I guess saying something like Ben Hurr really would be blowing my own trumpet Wink

Another question which requires a lot of thought!
Patje
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Patje is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Patje's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's an almost completely different question

It is different, I'm aware of that.
I thought of making this question a topic but then again, it would be the third topic in a row with the same sort of question, only slightly different. Confused

Arrow Topic by Obi-Son
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/postx1517-0-0.html
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 440

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The soundtrack of this cat's life would be Fight Club. No question. Beat driven with a few vocals and mysterious undertones
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden
mickeybumps97
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4092

mickeybumps97 is offline View user's profile Send private message mickeybumps97's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say that the Transformers: the Movie soundtrack would do it. Reason being is one song explains my life.....Wierd Al Yankovic's "Dare To Be Stupid"! Very Happy
Zharnak
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 5084

Zharnak is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Zharnak's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a tough call...I don't think any one soundtrack would fit, other than maybe something like Final Fantasy 7 or 8, or maybe Halo. I actually identify more with the music from the FreeSpace games or maybe Wing Commander IV. One thing I am sure of is that I am a gamer, from computer/video games to Pen and Paper RPG's, and it shows in my taste in music.
Patje
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One thing I am sure of is that I am a gamer, from computer/video games to Pen and Paper RPG's, and it shows in my taste in music.

Really? You wouldn't say. Wink
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I just take a moment to say how lame people sound when they say they're a "gamer"? No? Well tough I'm going to do it anyway.

"Gamer" is obviously some stupid buzz word thought up by members of the media who obviously don't play video games to describe people who do play video games. (And the fact that some dunces have actually adopted that term to describe themselves and make themselves sound hip is just sad.)

Listen boys and girls, it really is true. Saying you're a "gamer" just makes yourself sound a poser trying to look like a hip pro.

How would some guy who plays football and baseball now and then as a hobby come across if he said, "Yeah man, I'm a sportser!"

You'd wanna kick him in the face... or maybe the crotch if you couldn't get your foot up that high.

Sure you've got people who say, "They're a runner, reader, writer, etc." Difference is they do it professionally (and if they don't then they look like *ding* *ding* that's right, a poser). So unless you kids actually stomp on Koopas and rescue Racoon City for a living, I'd suggest not referring to yourself as a "Gamer, man!"

This is when one of you dingleberry's says, "But Coc, what about bikers?"

Yeah yeah, good job buddy. The only bikers who call themselves "bikers" are posers just like you. You don't see some badass Hell's Angel saying, "Yeah man, I'm a biker!" They'd look like a wuss. "Biker" is how people who don't ride motorcycles refer to people who do. Just like "Gamer" is how people who don't play vid.. eh, you get the point. Just shows how much smarter people who ride motorcycles are compared to people who play video games for not adopting the name. Sure, sure... you have Biker Babes and Biker Bars, but that's mostly done for the alliteration and it's still not a guy who rides a motorcycle saying, "I'm a biker! Very Happy"

Like I said, kids... do yourselves a favor. Unless you do it professonally, don't call yourself a gamer. You're not getting the effect you're looking for. Just turn on G4/TechTV and look at the people doing it there. That's right, you look same way. Terrifying isn't it?
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

What about SSTer? Laughing

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, don't give them any ideas. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: