StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Soundtracks vs. Scores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Saffron
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 299

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:34 am   Post subject: Soundtracks vs. Scores Reply with quote

I don’t know if this is a topic of the past and, if it is, please feel free to direct me to that topic but I would like to ask a question.

What is the general feeling of actual soundtracks with lyrics (compilations) vs. scores (compositions)? By just observing and reading some other topics and SST’s general mission statement, this site is really dedicated to scores with the occasional “song with words” included.

I do love that this site is mainly scored music; however, since I also enjoy listening to compilation soundtracks I was wondering if others also have just as many soundtracks as scores in their personal collections. I guess it is my eclectic nature that enjoys listening to The Matrix soundtrack and The Mists of Avalon score in the same hour. [Razz]

I am sure that there is a good reason for compilations not to be played here, if not just for the sake of sanity. So is there another internet station out there that specializes in soundtrack compilations?
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:22 am   Post subject: Soundtracks vs. Scores Reply with quote

Sounds like you've already found the other topics. And reading the mission statement you've seen what Jeric's goal is.

Compilations and "music inspired by" albums are pretty much avoided on this site. Anything with voice in it usually at least has to be a musical or something Jeric really REALLY likes.

The vast majority of us on here, especially those of us who are most vocal, prefer the scores. I know a number of us wish that even the musicals would hit the door.

Perhaps something in the links section can lead you to more compilation albums.
Saffron

Member#: 299

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:18 pm   Post subject: Soundtracks vs. Scores Reply with quote

Cocles,
Thanks, I will do some more net searching.

I agree about musicals (I would even consider adding Disney films in that genre). It's bizarre, I like to go to musicals and Disney films but I don't, in general, like to listen to the music over and over.
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:26 pm   Post subject: Soundtracks vs. Scores Reply with quote

There may also be some Live365 servers that loop compliation soundtracks.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: