StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Search for German´s
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

too damn funny. not like my English is great:) but funny.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5089

TrickSpine is offline View user's profile Send private message TrickSpine's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 10:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cocles, what the hell are you talking about? it is nothing personal. the confusion of possessive and plural is one of my biggest peeves!! it shows up everywhere - even on signs and documents. there are two stores i know of in my city that make that stupid mistake in their very title! it's pathetic - how does one graduate without knowing the difference? now, when i wrote that to morgoth, i wasn't thinking. he has more excuse than anyone else since English is his second language. (But as for the rest of the possessive/plurally challenged..... Mad)
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TrickSpine wrote:
cocles, what the hell are you talking about? it is nothing personal. the confusion of possessive and plural is one of my biggest peeves!!

Then this shouldn't bug you, since in Morgoth's case he shouldn't have used an apostrophe at all. Wink
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Trick, I understand how that particular error might get on your nerves. But strictly speaking, shouldn't your sentences begin with capital letters? Razz Wink
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurr78 wrote:
Well Trick, I understand how that particular error might get on your nerves. But strictly speaking, shouldn't your sentences begin with capital letters? Razz Wink

ROFL
TrickSpine
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5089

TrickSpine is offline View user's profile Send private message TrickSpine's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

no. i can decide to capitalize or not. but it should be all or nothing. but i will capitalize things that need to be like names, days of the week, etc.
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, what I love about all this is how much mileage you guys can get out of a subject. Fact of the matter is sometimes people just can't be bothered to throw all the punctuation in because it's a such a hassle (well, at least for me!)

And does it really matter.....? if you get the gist of what someone is trying to say anyway?

(nb. I noticed afterwards that what I'd said didn't make sense without some punctuation.... perhaps I should just shut up)

Last edited by mellowman on Mon May 03, 2004 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TrickSpine wrote:
no. i can decide to capitalize or not. but it should be all or nothing. but i will capitalize things that need to be like names, days of the week, etc.

Holy fragments Batman! Wink
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TrickSpine wrote:

An interesting perspective. I'd be interested in hearing more about why you feel that capitalization is optional as long as it's consistent... except, of course, for proper nouns.

I'm genuinely curious, you know. Wink
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 8:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

see told ya. it's damn funny:)
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 10:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things!

1. Obison? I am calling you out. You make lots of little posts, it seems like you are trying to climb up the ladder Wink.

2. If morgoth is still looking for fellow Germans, Well then I traced back my heritage and it looks like my family came from Germany 200 years ago. Smile

3. Trickspine... There is a time to except that you are wrong or out of line(correcting grammer), And there are times when you stick up for what you think is right. This is not that time... Like you said for capitalization, "All or nothing"... Well either be perfect with your grammer and critize people, or be half ass and say nothing at all. I choose the latter.
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

TrickSpine, TrickSpine, TrickSpine! What have you gotten yourself into? It is really not that hard to so 3 little words..."My bad, folks!" I know that the grammar is incorrect for that statement, but it works here in the forum - everyone understands it! Smile
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

TrickSpine wrote:
now, when i wrote that to morgoth, i wasn't thinking. he has more excuse than anyone else since English is his second language. (But as for the rest of the possessive/plurally challenged..... Mad)

Just wanted to straighten this out : Germans do not have an official second language. And even if they did, it wouldn't be English. So he doesn't need an excuse at all. What he writes is perfectly understandable.

And anyway, like most people here already said : grammar and spelling corrections on a forum are lame. In fact, why haven't you pm'd the guy instead of pushing this thread entirely off topic.
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. Obison? I am calling you out. You make lots of little posts, it seems like you are trying to climb up the ladder

Now what made you want to say that leggy:?:
I just thought is was funny about the rank. besides you are higher up on the food chain then me so why say something m8:)
i'm not in the race to climb the ladder. Not unless Jeric or the other see fit to do so:)
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh obi-son I just figure you wanted your rank back... from commander to captain back to commander... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: