StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Sending in Music

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
AnotherBovine
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 353

AnotherBovine is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AnotherBovine's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:20 pm   Post subject: Sending in Music Reply with quote

I have a question. Is it possible to send you mp3's from CD's to add to your playlists. Or is there a copyright question. Just wondering. Once i get some money i'm donating as much as i can. I love this site. cya
Gallows
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 352

Gallows is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallows's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:56 pm   Post subject: Sending in Music Reply with quote

I think the thing here is that buying the music yourself is what it's all about (supporting the artists). You know? As long as the material you send is something that you actually paid for. Of course how is anyone to know if you burnt CD's from pirated stuff? I wouldn't be able to tell. It's all about doing the right thing. I personally, couldn't in good conscience send stuff out that I'd obtained on the sly.
That's just my opinion. What we really need is for Jeric, our mighty sword swinging host to weigh in on this so you can get the straight dope.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:17 am   Post subject: Sending in Music Reply with quote

Jeric only accepts original CD's. Regardless of whether you legally own the original CD or not, it is illegal for you to make a copy and give it to someone else, just as it would be illegal for Jeric to then broadcast it. Every soundtrack is an original Jeric owns and a lot of us applaud him for that.

Original CD's only. Any violations will result with Leggy showing up at your home and doing the forbidden dance in front of your neighbors.
Gallows
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 352

Gallows is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallows's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:42 am   Post subject: Sending in Music Reply with quote

Now how much of a rube do I feel like?
I totally got the wrong impression 'cause I'd emailed Jeric about this a few days ago. I must not have been clear about my intentions. I assumed since I paid for them that it was acceptable to burn them for Jeric. Too bad. Like I said Cocles, Now that I fully understand the parameters, I agree completely.

Legolas will not have to run the 2,311.1 miles to San Diego to do the dance. Which I'm sure will be a major relief to him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: