StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Are you afraid?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Techie-Micheal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 8994

Techie-Micheal is offline View user's profile Send private message View Techie-Micheal's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:53 pm   Post subject: Are you afraid? Reply with quote

As some of you may have heard, I recently participated in a Campus Fear Factor. That is, my college sponsored a Fear Factor for students to participate in. Oddly enough, I'm president of the club that sponsored the activity. There's a bit of irony for you. Moving on.

Here's what I did/would have done:

- I ate pig brains and cow stomach (cooked, but unflavored!). To start off this activity, we got one foul shot on the basketball goal. If we made it, we were allowed to add some apple sauce to help things go down a bit easier. All but one person missed and he didn't take the extra food (not it wasn't me! Sad). The smell was worse than the taste. The stomach was stringy and wanted to go down before you were done chewing. Oh yeah, you couldn't use your hands to eat. Better yet, both items were cold from sitting in the fridge overnight. These weren't small portions either. We started with 8 people. 2 dropped out during the first contest and I finished 3rd out of 6.

- Next we ran through a house a pulled out a dummy. But this wasn't just any old race against time. The house was filled with smoke (the smoke machine kind Wink), so much so that you couldn't see unless something was touching your nose. To add to searching through the 5 or so rooms of this little building for the dummy through disorienting smoke, there was a guy in there armed with a loaded shotgun and not afraid to use it I might add ... Just blanks though. If you found him instead of the dummy, he pulled the trigger. It didn't deduct time (it should have ...), but it did scare you. (understatement I might add Razz) Fastest 3 times moved on. I was 4th out of those 3. Drats! And I was one of two that didn't get shot. Very Happy

- Next activity was running through a maze of trees grabbing flags. A missed flag took off 5 seconds of your time. To make things interesting, there were 3 paintball-toting fiends shooting at you while you were grabbing the flags. Each paintball hit added 5 seconds. The last flag was on the back of a 6ft body-builder-type guy in a redman suit. You had to wrestle him to get the last flag, or skip it and add 5 seconds to your time.

So ... who is going to join me next time? Is fear a factor for you? Mr. Green
Poland Albi VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about Fear Factor is: what's up with the disgusting food Confused
Austria bpewien
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

...uhm, is it really so boring NOT to attend such TV-shows?... Confused
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:05 am   Post subject: Re: Are you afraid? Reply with quote

Techie-Micheal wrote:

- Next we ran through a house a pulled out a dummy. But this wasn't just any old race against time. The house was filled with smoke (the smoke machine kind Wink), so much so that you couldn't see unless something was touching your nose. To add to searching through the 5 or so rooms of this little building for the dummy through disorienting smoke, there was a guy in there armed with a loaded shotgun and not afraid to use it I might add ... Just blanks though. If you found him instead of the dummy, he pulled the trigger. It didn't deduct time (it should have ...), but it did scare you. (understatement I might add Razz) Fastest 3 times moved on. I was 4th out of those 3. Drats! And I was one of two that didn't get shot. Very Happy

Next time try it at 3:00am, with the house on fire. Make sure that the dummy punches and kicks. Oh, and carry around 50 pounds of gear too. Never had the shotgun experience though.

Wink

I'll leave the disgusting food to the professionals.

Were you doing this for fun, or was it related to some charity event or something?

jeff
sdg
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Albi wrote:

I've never understood that show. How is it scary to eat gross food? It's not a scary as me holding a spider. Disgusting food is just that... disgusting.
Cadet 3

Member#: 13357

Kcfsu49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Kcfsu49's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the electric eel stunt they pulled... pick up 10 of them and transfer them from tanks.. hilarious..
USA Techie-Micheal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Techie-Micheal is offline View user's profile Send private message View Techie-Micheal's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:13 am   Post subject: Re: Are you afraid? Reply with quote

j2brown wrote:
Techie-Micheal wrote:

Next time try it at 3:00am, with the house on fire. Make sure that the dummy punches and kicks. Oh, and carry around 50 pounds of gear too. Never had the shotgun experience though.

Wink

I'll leave the disgusting food to the professionals.

Were you doing this for fun, or was it related to some charity event or something?

jeff
sdg
I knew you were going to comment. Razz

It was for fun. Winner got 450 bucks in prizes. Coupons for car washes, free pizza, the like.

As for the food, I don't know why they do that, but ah well.

I don't think doing it with a real person would have worked, nobody used the fireman carry and some dragged the dummy by its feet and dropped it on to the gravel once done. ^_^

Last edited by Techie-Micheal on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
USA Techie-Micheal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kcfsu49 wrote:
I loved the electric eel stunt they pulled... pick up 10 of them and transfer them from tanks.. hilarious..
I didn't see that one, but electric eels do deliver a nasty shock that'll knock you on your bum in a heart beat.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry. I've dragged plenty of dummies by arms, feet, head, whatever it takes. I'd rather bruise somebody up than the alternative.

It sounds like you had fun, and perhaps got a little taste of what your local fire brigade goes through.

jeff
sdg
USA Techie-Micheal
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought for sure I hit submit ... Ah well.

As I was saying.

Good point about bruising someone rather than the alternative. Smile

I had a blast. Smile The house is actually a Criminal Justice Club project (the club I'm the president of ^_^), and serves not only the Criminal Justice Club for its activities and classes, but also area fireman and police. The walls are movable and drywall is easy to install and "punch out" for various training exercises.
Poland Albi VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Asriana wrote:
Albi wrote:

I've never understood that show. How is it scary to eat gross food? It's not a scary as me holding a spider. Disgusting food is just that... disgusting.

You read my mind Wink
Auroter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13482

Auroter is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Auroter's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds really cool. Not that I'd want to do it, but I think it's a great idea to have your own fear-factor, especially because I feel like the one on TV has turned into more of a Jack@ss competition than fear-factor half of the time, but it still has its moments.
And to answer your question on the initial post...fear is a factor for me so I'll stay away from it. Wink
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Albi wrote:

So it's a TV show right? That's why they get people to eat disgusting food. Have you guys seen Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here? Similar thing when they get them to eat jungle goodies for food for the camp (you know the kind; ants, beetles, grubs.. it gets worse... bleugh!) For some reason that part of the show is always the most popular over here - other people's extreme discomfort... Rolling Eyes

I guess knowing that you have to eat this awful stuff in order to win/progress/get food for your camp mates makes the whole process scary. 'Cos otherwise you'd just say no.

And yeah, Auroter, I'm too scared too! Laughing
USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There's the one guy that says, "what Fear Factor? I was just hungry."

I've been suffering from a sleeping disorder or two so I've been watching some Fear Factor late at night. A real funny one was where one partner was blindfolded, had to suck leeches into his or her mouth from a tank, and be guided back to a plexiglass partition by the other partner where he or she would suck the leeches and spit them out into a bowl. You'd try not to accidently eat the leeches, but there was nothing stopping them from eating you. They mercilessly teased the one contestant that gave up after 10 seconds of that.

And to answer a question, if this was the only game show in the world, I'd do it, but I think I'll take the easy route and be on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire instead.

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: