StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

OGG Vorbis and support for SST
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA circleprovider
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4984

circleprovider is offline View user's profile Send private message circleprovider's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:55 pm   Post subject: OGG Vorbis and support for SST Reply with quote

I was wondering if there was anyway to support this site when using the OGG Vorbis stream. From the looks of it though, my guess is that the only support you'd get from someone not listening to Live365 would be in the way of donation.

And if there isn't support for OGG Vorbis, would that mean that it would be going away soon?
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes to the first part, no to the second part. That is one of the great things about having this new server. It give us a lot of flexibility. We will keep the Ogg streams no matter what. They are there to for firewalls (running on port 8080), make the people who demand it happy and to get traffic from IceCast/OddCast. If you send in a few bucks a month or a Gift Certificate once in a while, that helps a lot.

Thanks.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
soundTrack_nut
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 2714

soundTrack_nut is offline View user's profile Send private message soundTrack_nut's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

When did we get the OGG back?!?! I didnt even notice! Now I'm used to MP3Pro though, oh well. Maybe I will start using OGG again.
Returning January - SciFi Channel
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little tip for you, 32k mp3PRO blows away 32k Ogg. 64k you can hardly notice a difference. Ogg is here for those that absolutely have to have it. And of course, listening through Live365 supports SST.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
soundTrack_nut
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 2714

soundTrack_nut is offline View user's profile Send private message soundTrack_nut's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyways, I cant even get OGG to work on my comp anymore. It just says "Connecting...", oh well, I'll stick with MP3Pro then.
Returning January - SciFi Channel
USA circleprovider
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4984

circleprovider is offline View user's profile Send private message circleprovider's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with the OGG Vorbis stream. So I clicked on the icon that takes you to the Icecast Station Search ... and I used to be able to type in Soundtrack ... and open it directly from there. That too no longer works. When I look for "soundtrack" .... nothing comes up.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 1:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea on how to get it to work. I'll talk it over with Jeric.
Marko
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 454

Marko is offline View user's profile Send private message Marko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You guys for getting the OGG stream working. Thanks Cocles for the Really Mean and Condescending FAQs. I refered to them on how to use the OGG stream.

Marko
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome... glad it was a help.

Jeric made a couple tweaks, and the streams should work now.
Marko
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 454

Marko is offline View user's profile Send private message Marko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

They work great, even behind my school's overprotective firewall.
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 3326

dynamotwain is offline View user's profile Send private message dynamotwain's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 9:47 pm   Post subject: Ogg Vorbis is Great!!! Reply with quote

Vorbis (Yes, according to creator xiph, Vorbis is the audio codec, Ogg is just the container, like avi is the container for divx files...) is great when certain companies refuse to allow for fair-usage of the MP3Pro codec on all OSs. No more wasted bandwidth from that SBR data. I'm glad to see the Vorbis stream is stable again; Now I don't have to deal with service full errors, or (un)Live365 buffering problems.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:38 am   Post subject: Re: Ogg Vorbis is Great!!! Reply with quote

banansabulmurky87 wrote:
Vorbis (Yes, according to creator xiph, Vorbis is the audio codec, Ogg is just the container, like avi is the container for divx files...)

Don't you love it when people try to show off how smart they are by spouting facts that anyone who cares already knows?

They do this, of course, because there are always one or two doofus's who they actually manage to impress.

Bananas it's called "Ogg" because that's what everyone ended up deciding to call it. When you go around spouting "it's actually called Vorbis, that's the real technical name for it!"... you just look like an arrogant nerd trying to show off with technical knowledge that a lot of us already know and don't care about.

Bananas you're one of the those whack Ogg zealots I mentioned in the newbie faq. Saying you like the Ogg streams is great, but going on to criticize the rest of our streams is just the behavior of a dill-weed.
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You're givin' off the wrong vibe, Mr. Murky. Smile The Newbie FAQ would be an enlightening read for you.
Cadet 3

Member#: 3326

dynamotwain is offline View user's profile Send private message dynamotwain's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 2:27 pm   Post subject: I never said that.... Reply with quote

MP3Pro is great when MP3 is the original format. That's why I use those streams at school. However, at home I cannot use the MP3Pro plugin even if I wanted to. Thus, I prefer Vorbis because it sounds better than listening to MP3Pro without the plugin.

As for that Vorbis junk, I [am one of the few who] feel names were given for a reason. Thus, nicknames, especially unauthorized nicknames, shouldn't be used. Take the British name "Geoffrey" for example. "Geoff" is alright if you must, but only mention the name "Gee-off" if you want your head beat in. I know a few people like this, and I was spreading the word so that it doesn't happen to any of you, but another bully (Yes, I know Cocles is JERIC's right hand) apparently caused it to backfire.

Last edited by dynamotwain on Mon May 24, 2004 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 2:39 pm   Post subject: Re: I never said that.... Reply with quote

banansabulmurky87 wrote:
MP3Pro is great when MP3 is the original format. That's why I use those streams at school. However, at home I cannot use the MP3Pro plugin even if I wanted to. Thus, I prefer Vorbis because it sounds better than listening to MP3Pro without the plugin.

As for that Vorbis junk, I [am one of the few who] feel names were given for a reason. Thus, nicknames, especially unauthorized nicknames, shouldn't be used. Take the British name "Geoffrey" for example. "Geoff" is alright if you must, but only mention the name "Gee-off" if you want your head beat in. I know a few people like this, and I was spreading the word so that it doesn't happen to any of you, but another bully (Yes, I know Cockles is JERIC's right hand) apparently caused it to backfire.

Mr. Murky, it'd be nice if you at least spelled Cocles correctly before you continue your "thoughts".
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: