StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Kill Bill 1 & 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Pilou
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 365

Pilou is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Pilou's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:14 am   Post subject: Kill Bill 1 & 2 Reply with quote

A very popular soundtrack I think. Should be on SST ! :-p
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, read the sticky how to make a request

Second, Kill Bill Vol 1 is a great soundtrack. But I dont think it should be on SST, most of the tracks are just songs.

Volume 2 contains a couple of Ennio Morricone tracks, SST probably has those already. I didn't care much about the rest of that album.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to re-read the newbie faq at the top of the community forum, Pilou.
Pilou
Ensign
Ensign

Pilou is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Pilou's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the FAQ... (it's been for almost 2 years that I listen to this station)

Back to the topic, I guess this is where I don't agree with the politics of this radio. For me soundtracks is not just about "classical symphonic score"... For me, Kill Bill 1 & 2 both deserve to be called "soundtracks" and should be played on this radio.

But I respect the choices of those who are behind this radio. If they want to play only "scores", I'll stick with their decision. Let's not forget this soundtracks radio is the best I've ever heard. ^^

And don't tell me that the OST of Kill Bill is "marketing gimmicks set up by the studios" like for instance the "Cruel Intentions" OST. I totally agree with you that this latter shouldn't be on this radio (unlike Kill Bill).

So why Chicago OST and not Kill Bill ????
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

But, and correct me if I'm wrong, weren't the Kill Bill soundtracks (particularly Vol. 1) made predominately of songs that weren't made specifically for the film?

The Chicago soundtrack features songs that were written for and were part of the film. Although I'm sure there are other examples of soundtracks on here that will totally nullify my point!
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The basic guideline for a song to be added to the playlist is it has to commonly associated with its film.

Lets play a game. I name the song, you name the movie.

Stuff in the playlist:
Everything I Do (I Do I For You), My Heart Will Go On, There You'll Be, Unchained Melody, Danger Zone

Stuff NOT in the playlist:
I'm a Believer, Run Fay Fun, Feuer Frei, Touch Me, ...Baby One More Time

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.

Last edited by JERIC on Wed May 19, 2004 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Pilou
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not because the songs weren't specially written for the film that it doesn't deserve to be on this radio. Best exemple : 2001: A Space Odyssey, Clockwork Orange, The Man Who Wasn't There. All these soundtracks feature non-original music. Smile
Pilou
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeric >> The direct association between a movie and a song is very subjective !!! I can assure you that all the songs that are in the Kill Bill OST are in my mind associated with this movie Wink
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you missed it.

JERIC wrote:
The basic guideline for a song to be added to the playlist is it has to commonly associated with its film.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilou, I have to agree with Jeric on this... I don't think that there is anything on the Kill Bill soundtrack that is as strongly associated with that film as, for example, "Danger Zone" is associated with Top Gun.
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
First of all, read the sticky how to make a request

I'm surprised Pilou that you continue to plug away to get your way when the least you could have done is post a request appropriately, like you were asked to! The sticky can be found at the top of the "Requests" forum. Click here if you can't find it.
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilou wrote:
I know the FAQ... (it's been for almost 2 years that I listen to this station)

I don't care if you've been here for 20 years.

In this thread alone you've made two mistakes that are addressed in the FAQ. You didn't make your request in the appropriate way, and you requested music we don't play here.

If I were you I'd be embarassed to say I'd been here for two years, when you're still making such newbish errors.

We also released the new edition of the newbie faq only a few days ago that you should have given a gander. (It also discussed how being a newb has nothing to do with the amount of time you've been here.)

As one of our older members, Pilou, I would have also thought you'd have already read threads like this one:

Pump Up the Volume Thread

You would have also read the thread where we discussed whether or not to add Chicago and ultimately gave it the go ahead because it was a musical and had won "Best Picture" at the Academy awards.

That's why we have "Chicago" but not "Kill Bill".
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off topic, but when pilou mentioned the 2001 soundtrack I though I'd share some soundtrack trivia. Actually Alex North wrote a score to be used with the movie, however at the last moment Kubrick changed his mind and opted for the classical music instead. Problem is nobody told Mr. North, so he went to the premier and was shocked and fairly embarrased by the whole thing. After his death Mrs. North alowed Jerry Goldsmith to record and release the music, one of the tracks is on the Varese Sarabande album but the whole thing is available here

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000014T6/24fmll-20/102-5257443-5818543
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeric, we should definitely get that.
Pilou
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Then let met apologize for my mistakes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: