StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Kill Bill 1 & 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Apology accepted. Do you have any other suggestions?
Pilou
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 365

Pilou is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Pilou's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes actually, but I'll create another thread and I'll try to do it the right way.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

graywolf wrote:
Slightly off topic, but when pilou mentioned the 2001 soundtrack I though I'd share some soundtrack trivia. Actually Alex North wrote a score to be used with the movie, however at the last moment Kubrick changed his mind and opted for the classical music instead. Problem is nobody told Mr. North, so he went to the premier and was shocked and fairly embarrased by the whole thing. After his death Mrs. North alowed Jerry Goldsmith to record and release the music, one of the tracks is on the Varese Sarabande album but the whole thing is available here

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000014T6/24fmll-20/102-5257443-5818543

That's odd, for some reason I thought that SST already had this album. It's a great one, though... one of my favourites. Alex North actually reused one of his 2001 themes in the film Dragonslayer (1981).
Buscemi
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 6983

Buscemi is offline View user's profile Send private message Buscemi's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
The basic guideline for a song to be added to the playlist is it has to commonly associated with its film.

Even if most Tracks are from other movies, since Kill Bill they will forever be mostly associated with Kill Bill. Quentin made them his own. This is not meant to degrade the original films the tracks were used for. But most ppl will associate any given track on the album with Kill Bill. No doubt about it for me. I'm actually quite surprised you are thinking different.

So I too would love to see the Kill Bill Soundtracks added. But it's your site, you make the rules. I'll still enjoy this station even without those two.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Buscemi wrote:
Even if most Tracks are from other movies

From other movies?

We're talking about pop songs. Not "scores" from other movies. Where on earth did you get the problem was that they're from other movies?

Hey Buscemi, news flash. Even your nickname gives away that you're a Tarantino fanatic.

In other words, You're biassed. Being biassed is fine, but to then be surprised that everyone else isn't biassed like you is foolish.

No one except for fanatics like you associate the pop songs played on Kill Bill the way songs like "Old Time Rock & Roll" is associated with "Risky Business", and the Righteous Brothers associated with "Ghost".

Give me a break.

And thanks for listening. Wink
Buscemi
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 6983

Buscemi is offline View user's profile Send private message Buscemi's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
Buscemi wrote:
Even if most Tracks are from other movies

From other movies?

We're talking about pop songs. Not "scores" from other movies. Where on earth did you get the problem was that they're from other movies?

Many of the Tracks are from other movies (Lady Snowblood being one). And those that don't who cares, where they're from. Bang Bang will forever be associated with Kill Bill...There's not a Track on the album that won't make the listener think of Kill Bill. And no, I'm not biased. To imply this is really quite insulting. Not every Tarantinofan is a fanboy with a limited view.

And please spare your sarcasm to yourself. There's no reason why you had to come up with such an offensive post.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Buscemi wrote:
Bang Bang will forever be associated with Kill Bill...There's not a Track on the album that won't make the listener think of Kill Bill.

I disagree. Sure, for a big Tarantino fan, I'm sure that's true, but not everyone is.

Buscemi wrote:
And no, I'm not biased. To imply this is really quite insulting. Not every Tarantinofan is a fanboy with a limited view.

Actually, you're very biased. Everyone is in their own way... because we all have different opinions and points of view. And if you feel so insulted by somebody simply implying that you're biased, you might want to try developing a thicker skin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: