StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Pet Peeves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lego if you move to California bet you wouldn't complain about Jillian Barbiere breaking into regular programming
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought about it... Or Las Vegas... All they would say is... Sunny and HOT... Smile Except with my luck I would be in CA and a earthquake would be big enough for them to break in...
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
What is exacly is "A left lane loser"?

People who sit in the fast lane and go slow?

You got it, Cocles!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 440

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

@graywolf - i would did TERRIBLE things to my TV if Barberie broke in to 'warn of the possibility of perhaps the conditions of maybe a chance of severe weather". Don't care what she looks like, her overall attitude is grating. Evil or Very Mad
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden
FrozenHan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

FrozenHan wrote:
@graywolf - i would did TERRIBLE things to my TV if Barberie broke in to 'warn of the possibility of perhaps the conditions of maybe a chance of severe weather". Don't care what she looks like, her overall attitude is grating. Evil or Very Mad
Or "I would DO..."
Bad speller
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Frozen, there IS this thing in the top left corner of your post called an "edit" button....
FrozenHan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhhhhhhhhhh, thanks did not see that

--Tyler Durden
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Extreme Makeover Home Edition ... is it over now? Wish I coulda told you what the last episode was like. I could see how meteorologists could ruin your day ... other than giving you enough confidence to walk out the door without your umbrella ... until it pours just in time for you to catch the bus.

My pet peeve today are all the horrible impatient drivers on my side of the world. The ones that go into the turn lane just in order to gun it when the light turns green to cut off the people in the lane thats supposed to go straight just in order to get one car ahead of where they were to start with. Also, those people who stare at me when im singing in the car at a stoplight (usually their staring is cured by looking straight at them, turning up the volume, rolling down your window and singing the song directly to them... motions and everything).
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Beckybug wrote:

My pet peeve today are all the horrible impatient drivers on my side of the world. The ones that go into the turn lane just in order to gun it when the light turns green to cut off the people in the lane thats supposed to go straight just in order to get one car ahead of where they were to start with.

LOL, there is one road I do that to people on all of the time! But hey, if they are so lame and/or their car is so lame that they feel they have to go 25 mile per hour I feel the need to get in the left turn lane at the light so I can cut them off. Otherwise, I'd be stuck behind them for miles g-o-i-n-g-sooooooo-s-l-o-w!!
GrooveMerchant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2617

GrooveMerchant is offline View user's profile Send private message GrooveMerchant's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of drivers, Don't ya just hate it when someone else is a total jerk and cuts you off or zips in and takes the parking space you've been waiting for, then they always turn their head and avert their eyes so they don't have to look at you. That drives me INSANE! Evil or Very Mad
Also, not sure if this is a pet peeve or just a general complaint, but when you buy college books for about $60-70 a piece and then you go to to sell them back and they give you like $10, or wont even take them because there's a "new edition" out. Anyone else with me on this Question
Reijklin
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 3789

Reijklin is offline View user's profile Send private message Reijklin's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

People who drive slowly on single lane roads, then speed up to 75+ the instant there is a passing lane.

Forwarded spam. 'Nuff said. Evil or Very Mad

Quote:
People who would rather ask questions in the chat rather than read the homepage.....

Conversely, people who: a) act as though the one asking hasn't already looked and didn't get their question answered, b) assume that the information on the homepage answers what the person is actually asking, and c) act as though it's a personal affront for having done so.

And no, Cocles, that isn't directed at you. Razz
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Reijklin, I'll just figure you were directing your remark at all of us old timers, mods, and admins in general. Wink

You see kids, what happened was, Reijklin logged on, read this thread, and was embarassed when he saw the "People who would rather ask questions in the chat rather than read the homepage....." post. Instead of just raising his hand and saying "guilty as charged", he decide to play Mr. Bigman and take a shot at everyone here who's not a newbie.

Good job Reijklin. Wink (On a sidenote, we've actually got a pretty interesting post about Reijklin in the works. More info to follow.)

Anyways, Reijklin, your post.

Reijklin wrote:
Conversely, people who: a) act as though the one asking hasn't already looked and didn't get their question answered,

So instead of figuring you're lazy and didn't look, we should assume you're just stupid, or blind and couldn't find it. Gotcha. Wink

Quote:
b) assume that the information on the homepage answers what the person is actually asking, and

First off, we don't assume, we assu, and in this case, we KNOW it's on the homepage, because unlike you we actually read it. I can only think of 2 occasions where we were wrong, and that is only because the news item we were referring too, had been taken down between the time when we logged on and when one of you asked the question.

Quote:
c) act as though it's a personal affront for having done so.

Well, for Jeric and me it IS a personal affront, because we're the ripe bastards who actually took the time to post that info on the homepage so you wouldn't have to ask in the chat. The fact that you're asking in the chat anyways tells us that we've personally wasted our time posting on the homepage for you. Wink

Last edited by Cocles on Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I seccond Cocles on this. IT is very irritating to have a newb asking a question in the chat which has been already answered in the forum or the FAQ. All the more reason for us old timers to feel the need of screaming RTFM!!! lol.
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhh, this place is sooo entertaining - the perfect place for some enjoyable R & R!

I know I'm still a newbie but it's quite interesting to see newbies dig themselves into a hole... Laughing ...and then frantically try to crawl out of it!

Bottom line is that people are lazy - they like to be spoon-fed the information they want to know. Cocles, the "dingus" avatar is sounding better and better! Wink
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I know this is skewing off-topic a bit now but is it that people plain aren't reading the home page or that they go straight to playlist or the queue? Either way I guess it's just laziness not to check there first.

I know I have never asked a dumb question in chat because I didn't check the homepage first... or the FAQ.... or the schedule... or the forum... *ahem*
Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: