StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Pet Peeves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooth ache, like the one I have now... bother...
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we cover people who stop at the end of the escalator yet?

jeff
sdg
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones that just stand there in the way, while you're trying to get past them with your hands full of bags and carrying your kid?! Rolling Eyes
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to that escalators that aren't working - you ever step on one of those and feel like it should go? Always feels that much harder to climb the steps!
Auroter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13482

Auroter is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Auroter's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What pisses me off is when they rope off an escalator that isn't working creating an unecessary bottleneck on the stairs. I mean seriously... and escalator that isn't working is just stairs with a weird handrail!
Commodore
Commodore

aw

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The question is "Why isn't it working?". It could be that it is broken is such a way that it is unsafe to be on. Also, fixing them often requires the opening of a hatch at the top or bottom, also making it unusable as a stairway. It may be "just stairs with a weird handrail" or it may be a malfunctioning piece of equipment that can seriously injure you.

Just a thought.

jeff
sdg
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A little off-topic, but what about parents who let their children stick their fingers down around the steps of escaltors, or ones that let them run around them. A parent should always make sure the child's shoes are tied, and stand still on the escaltor's. Or if you don't think they can, then hold them until you get to the top.
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We could open a whole other thread on poor parenting, asriana.

jeff
sdg
USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon entering a commuter or subway train:

People that assume that noone will exit, and stand right in front of the doors before it opens.

People that wait until people are coming into the train to get up and exit, not like they forgot that it was their stop, but they look like they just felt like doing that.

People who enter the train, in front of you, and STOP WALKING right after they go through the doors, as if they are the last people to board the train.

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
USA Angela12
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 16588

Angela12 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Angela12's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
One for me is "Left Lane Losers". (Right Lane Retards for those of you living in countries where the roads and cars are bass ackwards.)

I Agree! It really bottlenecks the traffic! Why can't they move over to another lane? btw when I'm in the left lane and see someone approaching going faster in my rear view mirror (it IS rare!) I have the decency to change lanes and let them pass!!

Also, people who drive the speedlimit in the HOV lane! Doesn't HOV mean High Octane Vehicle? Laughing

All kidding aside...I would also like to second or third (or fourth) stopping at the bottom of a busy escalator - Duh! OR blocking the entrance to the escalator! What's wrong with YOU people!! I commute every day in DC and have experienced several times all the comments about public transportation - GEEZ!

Men won't like this - but I HATE it when a man shoves in front of me and swipes the only seat available on the train Twisted Evil Chivalry is definately dead! Also, they will come up and try to get off the train first! (Even though I had been waiting patiently by the door - Arrrrgg!) O.K. I feel a little better now that I've vented!! Very Happy

Angela
Cadet 3

Member#: 18731

mrfinnigan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website mrfinnigan's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Angela12 wrote:
Men won't like this - but I HATE it when a man shoves in front of me and swipes the only seat available on the train Twisted Evil Chivalry is definately dead! Also, they will come up and try to get off the train first! (Even though I had been waiting patiently by the door - Arrrrgg!)

I actually agree (being a man-- er, boy-- and all...). I can't stand it when I see men mistreating women. I always make it a point to allow women to go first, seat female guests at the table, etc.

Angela12 wrote:
O.K. I feel a little better now that I've vented!! Very Happy

It's good to know that we selfish men serve some purpose Razz Smile.

JERIC wrote:
One for me is "Left Lane Losers". (Right Lane Retards for those of you living in countries where the roads and cars are bass ackwards.)

Am I the only one on this forum too young to drive Crying or Very sad ? Oh well. Two more weeks!

OK, my turn!!
1. People who pretend to know classical music, then clap and cheer at the end of the First Movement (and not just a polite clap, either)!
2. (I work in computers a lot) When someone comes up to me and says they know more about computers than I do, but don't know rudimentary things (such as the difference between hard drive space and memory, or what the BIOS is).
3. People that think they have a website, when they made it on FreeWebs.com or MySpace (ugh).
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

People who cut the electric cord of other people's outdoor Christmas lights. Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

It's the third time this has happened in the last couple of years.
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

alien_avatar wrote:
People who cut the electric cord of other people's outdoor Christmas lights. Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

It's the third time this has happened in the last couple of years.

Yeesh, alien, that's awful! Do you have any idea who is doing it? That's just plain rude, and illegal on some scale.
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
Do you have any idea who is doing it?

None whatsoever. It's happened to us, to our neighbors... some years. Others (most, thankfully) nothing happens. Sometimes to only one family, sometimes to more than one... Rolling Eyes

It's probably the same maniac who stole the cat feeding station. Neutral
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13971

wrabbit is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View wrabbit's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

alien, that's awful. it probably is the same person - it's amazing how some people get off on ruining the lives of other people (in even small, simple ways).

the_lake_effect wrote:
Upon entering a commuter or subway train:

People that assume that noone will exit, and stand right in front of the doors before it opens.

its like you've been riding the same subway train as me every day. what the heck is up with people???

i have an issue with people who litter. why do they think its okay to leave a banana peel on the floor of the train, or their coffee cups on the ground, or to toss cigarette butts in the street? (sorry, smokers) its just so disrespectful, to the people who are forced to clean it up b/c someone's too lazy to throw away THEIR OWN trash, to the people who will share the same spot next, and disrespectful to the frikkin planet.

drives me crazy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 13 of 18

Jump to: