StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Pet Peeves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada Arya
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8715

Arya is offline View user's profile Send private message View Arya's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Being as I just had this discussion with my room mate that just came back from writing an exam, I'll post this here:

People that make random noises during exams need to be kicked. There you are, sitting for 3 hours writing a nerve-wracking exam in a huge, echoing gym. You need to concentrate, you're working along in the silence...and then it starts. Popping bubblegum, sniffing every ten seconds because someone didn't bring any tissue for their cold, tapping pens, you get the idea. Sobbing doesn't count, that's pretty much beyond a person's control (and it happens a lot), but for heaven sake blow your nose, spit out the gum and STOP TAPPING THE STUPID PEN!

Yeah...stuff like that makes me violent Evil or Very Mad
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we've got another bout of "No posts exist for this topic." This should fix that.

jeff
sdg
USA JadedTitan VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

something along those annoying lines is when people come into class late and make a big deal out of it. I really hate that because the professor is in the middle of talking and all concentration is lost because some rude person had to make a bunch of noise telling everyone they are late! yes we know...no need to make a big show of it!!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8715

Arya is offline View user's profile Send private message View Arya's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Jaded, I totally agree. It's bad in our old lecture theaters where the seats are so close together, anyone that's late literally has to fall over people to get to a seat, but it's worse in one of our new ones. The seats are nicely spaced out, but there are doors at the front of the hall as well as at the back. Kids that are 20 minutes late walk right in the front doors, right behind the prof who's trying to lecture! Now they get to disturb everyone and the prof in one go Rolling Eyes
Lieutenant

Member#: 8994

Techie-Micheal is offline View user's profile Send private message View Techie-Micheal's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why, but my biggest pet peeve is being underestimated.

Not to sound like I'm bragging by any means, but what talents I do have, I am very good at them. Particularly when it comes to technology and computers. When people underestimate me or what I am capable of, it gets under my skin ... Don't know why. :/
Ensign

Member#: 14634

Fairycat is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Fairycat's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest pet peeved at the moment is guys that are shy. I had a blind date yesterday and this guy was so shy. I am lucky if I got him to speak a whole sentence the entire time. Where as me, I talked my head off as I don't like uncomfortable sliences. The guy was so shy I had to order his drink and food at the restaurant for him. Just werid.

Although he did manage to get his nerve up and ask for a kiss later at the end of the date. His shyness seemed to have disappeared when kissing became involved. I told him no and drove off.
Lieutenant

Member#: 13205

Jim_A is offline View user's profile Send private message Jim_A's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The one about the 47 people who park in front of the video store, just to run in and return something ... yea, that's my peeve
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit that I park in the fire lane to drop videos off at blockbuster. However, I use the outside drop (I'd never go inside with my car there) and park as close to the drop as possible (about 10 feet of sidewalk in front of it). I don't block traffic, and if the FD is coming I'll know about it before they arrive. Excuse? Yes. Flimsy? Yes. Will I still do it? Yes. Sorry.

jeff
sdg
USA Fairycat
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 14634

Fairycat is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Fairycat's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pet peeve at the moment is servers or waiters that want to keep your change without asking. I went out to eat last night at a place that was nice but nothing fancy. The total for my bill was around 6 dollars and I paid with a 20. Then I waited and waited for a good 15 to 20 minutes or so for the server to come back with my change. I finally had to flag the person down and ask for my change. They stated that they didn't know I wanted my change back. I had plan on leaving a good tip but not that much. Did they really think I would leave a tip that was more than what my food cost?
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like some lousy service, Fairy, and a cheeky waiter. I would have kept all your change; no tip.
FrozenHan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 440

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

...over the top, specially...
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My pet peeve right now is getting accused of being an information horder! I get accused of not telling people how to do stuff in our computer system when all they had to do was ASK ME HOW TO DO IT!!
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

weaponlordzero wrote:
My pet peeve right now is getting accused of being an information horder! I get accused of not telling people how to do stuff in our computer system when all they had to do was ASK ME HOW TO DO IT!!

Don't you know that you're supposed to read people's minds!? Razz Wink
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm learning more and more every day alien. lol Razz
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little tired of my students right now. Why do they insist on not following directions? They don't edit their papers, they don't cite properly, and some don't even bother to get the assignment right. And then they look at you, all wounded, when you point this out to them. Or they say something dumb, like "I wasn't here when you gave out the assignment." Like it's my job to track them down.

And the thing that really ticks me off, they seem perfectly happy with the lousy grades their laziness earns them. I recently lowballed the grades on a batch of disappointing papers, and offered the kids a chance to rewrite it for a better grade. 1 in 10 bothered, and none of them the ones I really hoped would do it.

I know I shouldn't let this get to me, but someone please explain why I work my tail off when they won't bother? Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18

Jump to: