StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Pet Peeves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

They bookmark the queue or playlist, which is fine. The problem is they then don't think to go check the homepage before asking what's going on.
Reijklin
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 3789

Reijklin is offline View user's profile Send private message Reijklin's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First off, we don't assume, we assu, and in this case, we KNOW it's on the homepage, because unlike you we actually read it. I can only think of 2 occasions where we were wrong, and that is only because the news item we were referring too, had been taken down between the time when we logged on and when one of you asked the question.

Mmmmkay....

So when what I wanted to know was when or if the song library would be coming back in full, I should have gone and looked at the home page. Currently posted there, for those who don't visit it often, is this curious tidbit of massively useful information:

Quote:
The move to the new sever is complete, with the exception of the song library which is still ongoing. Please excuse our shortened playlist and any interruptions which may occur during this time.

From that, I can read between the lines as far as that the full song library will eventually be coming back. As far as when that would happen or be completed (something you'd think newbies who have been here a while might ask), it's "ongoing".

Quote:
The fact that you're asking in the chat anyways tells us that we've personally wasted our time posting on the homepage for you.

Put everything I might ask on the home page, and you would be wasting your time. It wouldn't be readable, would be waaaaay too long, and nobody would even bother to look at it. Instead, you take the sensible notion of putting enough information up to satisfy the idly curious and then lambast anybody who you think implies that your efforts aren't appreciated.

Oddly enough, this guy actually got his question answered. I guess you have to be a genuine newbie to be treated politely - either that or just watch who you bother talking to.

Quote:
09 Jun 04 - 09:56 > Altoid: @c0wz, the switch should be complete. If you're asking "when will they have all the CDs moved to the new server?" Estimate 3 weeks.

Wow, that was hard.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Reijklin wrote:
Quote:
09 Jun 04 - 09:56 > Altoid: @c0wz, the switch should be complete. If you're asking "when will they have all the CDs moved to the new server?" Estimate 3 weeks.

Wow, that was hard.

Altoid knows sh*t when the library move is complete. Even we mods don't know it exaclty. Altoid is just guessing. There is one thing worse than giving no info, and that is giving bad info.

For the record I am not bashing you Reijklin, I am bashing Altoid.
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO, CAL!

I was wondering how Altoid thought he knew. LOL

And why would someone believe Altoid about that anyway??? LOL
Reijklin
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Reijklin is offline View user's profile Send private message Reijklin's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:

Altoid knows sh*t when the library move is complete. Even we mods don't know it exaclty. Altoid is just guessing. There is one thing worse than giving no info, and that is giving bad info.

For the record I am not bashing you Reijklin, I am bashing Altoid.

Oh, this is still a civil discussion by most standards. Smile

Migrating a library the size of this site's from one server to another is a monumental task, and I applaud the effort. What I take exception to is being told I'm an idiot for asking a question that the site administrators don't know the answer to either. If you don't know or can't say, fine - assuming I don't know the answer because I've been told and am too stupid to figure it out is insulting and uncalled for. What I was asking wasn't covered in the information posted on the site.

Quote:
Instead of just raising his hand and saying "guilty as charged", he decide to play Mr. Bigman and take a shot at everyone here who's not a newbie.

It wasn't a shot at anybody, Cocles - Legolas' post wasn't directed at me, and I was replying in kind. What I have to wonder is why you'd be so defensive about something I specifically said wasn't directed at you.
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry people...It seems that right after my post (Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:41 am), this topic went "off-topic". Sorry about that. Embarassed

Maybe we can get back to Pet Peeves...
Cadet 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's all your fault. The nice men in the white coats will be arriving to take you away shortly. Smile

Pet peeves...hmm....

Cold coffee.
Reijklin
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Walking into a dark bathroom in the middle of the night and stepping on a wet bathmat.

When other people use my desk at work on my day off and move things.

Parents who take children under the age of four to a 2 1/2 hour long movie in the theater.

Hangnails.

Mistaking salt for sugar when sleepy and making my coffee in the morning (yes, I've actually done that).
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Reijklin wrote:
Mistaking salt for sugar when sleepy and making my coffee in the morning (yes, I've actually done that).
Laughing I haven't done that - I don't have to worry since I don't take sugar in my coffee Smile.
    I HATE when people chew gum with their mouth open!!!
    I HATE it when people shuffle their feet on the floor. What's the matter, can't you pick up your feet when you walk?

Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What, and walk on their ass, Rob? Wink
Reijklin
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking up a glass and having the coaster first stick to it, then fall on the table.

People reaching across my plate for something else on the table.

Getting a shock of static electricity from somebody who shuffles their feet.
ReijklinsGirl
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 4004

ReijklinsGirl is offline View user's profile Send private message ReijklinsGirl's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

People who come along behind me and re arrange the dishes in the diswasher when I'm loading it.
Cadet 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

People who can't stand it when I re-arrange the dishes in the dishwasher, to make the load more efficient. :p
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

OK kids...keep it at home! No need to bring your squabbles to SST! Laughing
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Reijklin wrote:
Quote:
First off, we don't assume, we assu, and in this case, we KNOW it's on the homepage, because unlike you we actually read it. I can only think of 2 occasions where we were wrong, and that is only because the news item we were referring too, had been taken down between the time when we logged on and when one of you asked the question.

Mmmmkay....

So when what I wanted to know was when or if the song library would be coming back in full, I should have gone and looked at the home page. Currently posted there, for those who don't visit it often, is this curious tidbit of massively useful information:

Quote:
The move to the new sever is complete, with the exception of the song library which is still ongoing. Please excuse our shortened playlist and any interruptions which may occur during this time.

From that, I can read between the lines as far as that the full song library will eventually be coming back. As far as when that would happen or be completed (something you'd think newbies who have been here a while might ask), it's "ongoing".

Yeah, Reijklin. That's all we know. That it's ongoing. And as far as I remember your first question was "What's up with the Playlist?", which we DID answerer on the homepage. That's what got you nailed.

What you're trying to do now is ignore that and pretend we nailed you for your second question, "How long will it be before the songs are up?"

We didn't lambast you for that question. As far as I'm concerned you're twisting the truth and basically just lying in order to make yourself look good.

Quote:
Quote:
The fact that you're asking in the chat anyways tells us that we've personally wasted our time posting on the homepage for you.

Put everything I might ask on the home page, and you would be wasting your time. It wouldn't be readable, would be waaaaay too long, and nobody would even bother to look at it. Instead, you take the sensible notion of putting enough information up to satisfy the idly curious and then lambast anybody who you think implies that your efforts aren't appreciated.

We put up whatever info we know, not just enough for the "idly curious". You got lambasted because you asked a question that WAS answered on the homepage.

Quote:
Oddly enough, this guy actually got his question answered. I guess you have to be a genuine newbie to be treated politely - either that or just watch who you bother talking to.

Quote:

Wow, that was hard.

Usually I'd just say doofus or dingus... but in this case I'll just say, dillhole.

You actually think some random listener like Altoid knows how long it's going to take, when even the mods and admins don't? In fact you believe him SO much that you make it part of the basis of your argument?

You're almost making me feel sorry for you.

The fact is, someone posted a pet peeve on here, and you replied by taking a shot at some people who annoyed you. Yeah yeah, you say you weren't taking a shot. Whatever.

Why did I reply? Because I'm one of the guys who posts the info on the homepage. I thought that was clear.

Don't let the short bus crash on your way to school.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: