StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Why oh why, my friends, have you changed to request format?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
mickeybumps97
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4092

mickeybumps97 is offline View user's profile Send private message mickeybumps97's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:16 am   Post subject: Why oh why, my friends, have you changed to request format? Reply with quote

I so liked the other format that you guys had! What happened that changed the format of the ever so easy listings that you had? After work, I liked just to see the listings and make the request. Is there some possible way to bring it back by link or something? Please tell me it isn't so!
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not gonna answer this one. Should be in the forum somewhere.
mickeybumps97
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

mickeybumps97 is offline View user's profile Send private message mickeybumps97's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeeaaaassy, Caliburn. It has just been awhile for me. I really don't have the time lately to listen in and see the sight. I am pleased to hear that the server switch out went ok, though. I apologize if I have somehow caused any stress.

By the way I have searched around and found no forums on this. If you know something I don't, please tell me. I would appreciate it. thx again.

Well, I must say. I have dedicated my time to forums (and had a great time, too), chatting, watching the progress of SST, giving money to SST (although not great amounts!), and listening to SST and I just have to say I am horribly unpleased with the outcome of this. I am quite insulted by this. To be ignored is ignorant. And I can't stand the fact that my pleas were unturned but just shoved off to the side. I even apologized to Cal because I felt I had insulted him and only to turn up insulted. Well. After my time of abscence, having to deal with an attitude on this site, THIS SITE, I am just flabbergasted.

I WAS AWAY FOR AWHILE!!! I WORK AND SLEEP SOMETIMES NEVER TURNING ON THE COMPUTER FOR DAYS!!

It was an innocent question. Admins please reply. thank you.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh damnit, I misread your post. I thought you meant the other "request format": the dynamic requests an hour. That script has been disabled because of bugs. That one is asked over and over again, and I got tired of that. Totally my bad... I apologize for that. :-|

What your are mentioning hasn't indeed been brought up in the forum. The admins changed that so that the chat can be seen on the right side. I have no idea where the listing has gone. That is something only JERIC can answer. Maybe he is still working on converting it to the new lay-out.
mickeybumps97
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Oh damnit, I misread your post. I thought you meant the other "request format": the dynamic requests an hour. That script has been disabled because of bugs. That one is asked over and over again, and I got tired of that. Totally my bad... I apologize for that. Neutral

Forgiven. I was scared for a second there. I deal with attitudes all night long, I was certainly hoping that an admin from this site wasn't giving me one, I like all of you. I almost felt betrayed. But, you came through. No worries.

As for the PL, cool. I hope so. Because sometimes I don't know what I want to request and so I flip through.

PHEW!! Jesus, don't do that again, man! Laughing
-Mic!
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lets blame the newbies okay? :-)
mickeybumps97
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
lets blame the newbies okay? Smile

Man, for a sec there, I felt like one Laughing
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mickey,

I'm not an admin, but I'd like to reply.

I think Cal might have been referring to another thread where people were talking about the new request format. http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1640

Personally, I like the way the new request page is set up as opposed to the previous one.

Are you perhaps referring to one of the older ways it used to be longer ago?

I think that you can make the requests work in all of the previous ways. There is the "search" feature which can be pretty handy. However, what I really like are the drop down lists. I totally missed them when I first looked at the new request page, so perhaps you missed them too? Underneath the album title playing, and the Amazon ad, there is a part that says browse. You can choose from "Letter," "Artist," or "Year." It was organized this same way before, only it did not have the drop down list boxes. Long, long ago it was only listed by letter, and you could not search for anything.

I really like this new format. As I said before, it threw me a bit when I did not see the "Browse" section with the drop down list boxes. But now that I know those are there, I think it is great! And it will be even more awesome when the whole playlist has been updated to the new server.

I'm not sure what was meant by:

mickeybumps97 wrote:
I even apologized to Cal because I felt I had insulted him and only to turn up insulted.

Perhaps this was a discussion in the chat? I have not read the log. I think that Cal was just responding in the usual fashion that people respond on SST.

And if:

mickeybumps97 wrote:
Well, I must say. I have dedicated my time to forums (and had a great time, too)

I'm not sure what you are so miffed about. You might perhaps have seen the reactions of SST'ers in the past and known that if the post [right below yours on the list] had been mentioned already, that you might get a "shove off to the side" as you called it.

Regardless, I hope that the explaination of the requests page was helpful.

-Pix
mickeybumps97
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, I feel so small. Embarassed Do you know if there is a visual link on the site other than the post you just did?

update: Ignore me. i haven't slept yet.
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mickey, don't worry, like Pixie I completely missed the new drop down menus when I first came across the new request system.

I like the way it works though, good to keep an eye on chat at the same time as requesting! It saves opening a new window (although I still have to that when I'm checking the forum - am I spending too much time on sst?)
Wolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. I came back online some days ago and I must say taht I like the new format too. Was a bit boring to request and then miss the chat conversation sometimes (It can go real quick at some points) Wink
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: