StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Golfer's Corner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Wolf99
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 3543

Wolf99 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wolf99's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:06 pm   Post subject: Golfer's Corner Reply with quote

Any other golfers out there? Let's share anecdotes, tips and other chicken-soup-for-the-soul type golfing stories.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried golf once... Lots of people in my family golf...My friends golf... I thought it would be fun, and the drinking beers part was great. I just didn't have the time to practice as much as everyone else. I had school and worked during the day and weekends.

The only thing I remember about it. Is that after countless horrible shots, you hit a great one, and it all seems worth it...
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

now if you are talking putt-putt sure thing:). I do think you have to be drinking in order to play.
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I love golf but I don't get around to doing it much. However, now that I'm finished university, I think I'll do a couple of games this year. The problem is that here in Canada, it's not that cheap to golf (at least here where I'm located).

I love the feel of walking around on a course, hitting a dinky little ball - quite satisfying and relaxing. I am so looking forward to getting into it again!

Last edited by Robert_Locksley on Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Robert, you should try going to Edmonton if you want to try golfing... there's so much empty space around the city and they fill it up with golf courses for lack of anything better to do with it... and most of the courses aren't very expensive.

Personally, I think I'll stick to mini-golf. Smile
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, putt-putt and crazy golf for me as well, no more than that I'm afraid.

Anecdotes? Not really.

The only picture ever of me in a pair of unbelievably bright blue shorts with sea waves, palm tress and lurid orange surf boards on? Yes. You had to play crazy golf in crazy shorts didn't you?
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I golf. It is fun. I suck. It is still fun. Love to hit balls.

Not cheap here. Cheap in Nova Scotia.

I got a tournement coming up for work in a couple months. I can't wait to play. I don't get out to the coarse much with young kids around, but I go to the driving range quite a bit.
Tiggerer2
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 6579

Tiggerer2 is offline View user's profile Send private message Tiggerer2's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I usta-could golf. I've only recently come out of the "all my time for someone else" phase in my life. I'm learning how to live a little more for myself lately. Golf should fit back in somehow now. If I can break 100 now and then I'm happy.

What's a usual score for any of you all?
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My usual is around 100. I have a long booming drive but just a little to the right! It tends to add a few shots onto my score Smile
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

95 to 110 for me...but then, I haven't golfed in a while...
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

107 is my usual (sucky) score. All my friends have broken 100, not me.

Do you want like true stories, or will funny stories and jokes do? I've got tons of jokes.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:54 am   Post subject: Golf funny story Reply with quote

Oh, goody, I love golf. Haven't played for some time but trying to get back on the course and be ridiculous again.
Why is it so hard to hit the small white ball without hitting the big green one ?

A real funny golf story :
A friend of my dad played golf on a course next to woodland. One day he hit a ball which went whizz on a very low level flight and hit a duck walking on its way to the pound.
The friend (let's call him P.) brought the duck to the desk and they told him to keep it. It happened, luck of the shot etc.
Fast forward to another game a few months later.
P. makes a few limbering swings, gets ready for the big one and see movement out of the corner of his eye as he hits the ball. Looks up. The deer that had stepped on the course, frightened by the movement, the noise and the white thing that went whizz turned and ran in panic, looking over its shoulder... right smack into a tree and broke its neck.

This time it took three staff members to stuff discreetly the deer in P.'s boot, with a recommendation not to say a word of it. Neither P. nor the golf course had a hunting licence and it wasn't hunting season anyway.
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Maybe they should golf during hunting season. You know, bag a moose or bear as well!
Cadet 4

Member#: 5657

shelob is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website shelob's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, I remember when I went to Myrtle Beach. Stayed there for about a week and everyday I was on a different course. Of course I am not that good but I remember there was a hole with an island green and I got on it on my first shot. Very Happy Those were great days.
TrickSpine
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5089

TrickSpine is offline View user's profile Send private message TrickSpine's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my summer projects/ambitions/plans is to go drunken-mini-golfing.... Seriously, could you think of anything more fun? I forsee laughing more than I ever have before. And being drunk will probably get me a better score - it can't hurt, nothing could really make me much worse.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: