StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

[Poll] What crazy stuff did you do as a kid?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Altoid
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 413

Altoid is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Altoid's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:43 am   Post subject: [Poll] What crazy stuff did you do as a kid? Reply with quote

[Poll] What crazy stuff did you do as a kid?

example: eating glue

self-reply: there were three pear trees in the back yard and we used to have pear fights (akin to snowball fights in winter, except more painful and more sticky) amongst the neighborhood kids.
USA Maeltne
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 6602

Maeltne is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Maeltne's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

(To go along with the sticky theme) Thought that playing 'tar-babies' with my 2 brothers was a good idea by spilling a 50-gallon drum of tar on the ground and rolling around in it. After we came home all mucked up, we realized the feeble attempt at humour when our parents made us recreate our fine game to both them and our grand-parents. Ahh, good times!

Love ya!
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha! Good thread here.... I don't know if things I did as a kid were crazy or just plain stupid...

Lets see when I was in my 7-11 range I used to have bottle rocket wars... uhm tested what kinds of things would burn on the garage floor... wrapping up fireworks into a tight box and throwing it into a bon fire...

A little bit older I went sledding of the roof into a snow bank. 15-16 car surfing, and getting my friends camero convertible up to 145 on the back roads... Oh and when I was in 6th grade we learned about electricity... I stuck a paper clip into an outlet and nothing happened but then I remembered that I need a complete circuit. So I bent the clip into a U shape and stuck it back in... It send a bolt through me and set the clip on fire burning my fingers and the carpet... Smile

All this with little injury and no scaring! Smile
USA PeteC VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 3796

PeteC is offline View user's profile Send private message View PeteC's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother told me that he went roof-hopping, jumping from one to the next. Crazy!

I would explore abandoned amusement parks.
good as good. Herein lies evil.
USA maddy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2207

maddy is offline View user's profile Send private message View maddy's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy? Who, me??? I never did anything crazy as a kid. I waited until I was an adult to hone my craziness. Very Happy

http://tinyurl.com/ltrodr
http://www.mostphotos.com/maddys713/portfolio
http://www.cutcaster.com/studio/pub/784218913

GrooveMerchant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2617

GrooveMerchant is offline View user's profile Send private message GrooveMerchant's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

American Gladiator style battles on top of my friends roof, with broomsticks, wooden dowels or whatever we could find. Now that I think about it, that probably wasn't the best idea....oh well, it was good times.
Belgium Tron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We used to play in this swamp for a couple of years, we were about 8 years old. I repeatedly got stuck till my waist, but we allways managed to save ourselves.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... a friend of mine and I unwisely made a small flamethrower out of a can of WD-40. We're probably lucky we didn't blow the can up.

Like Lego, I've also electrocuted myself, but only by accident while plugging something in... nothing as deliberate as his story. I'll bet you didn't do too much experimenting with wall sockets after that one, eh Lego?
Haurk
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4340

Haurk is offline View user's profile Send private message Haurk's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well biking down long stone stairs on thoose small things made for prams (think it's called that?) Was fun until I once didn't go straight enough and crashed. Broke my arm and had to change BOTH wheels on the bike to be able to use it again.

That should qualify as stupid I think Razz
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's stupid you want then I think I qualify with a bike story.

We had a passageway about half a metre wide where I used to live, 4ft brick walls either side.

As kids we used to ride through this passage on our bikes as fast as we could, the handle bars nearly touched the sides. Always did it.

Until one day my handle bar did touch the side, span left and threw me off the bike. I hurtled foward with my chin and neck scraping along the top of the wall.

Had to hold my head up for the next week.
Boy, you think you're invincible as a kid!
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I went running across corrugated rooftops when I was in 4th grade. My younger brother copied me and he stepped on a weak spot and fell down one story below. Luckily he didn't break any bones and just got a bad muscle strain, but I got in big trouble!
Caray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was around 12. With a few friends we would play in and explore the old WWII German blockhaus on the beach, most of them broken and falling down as the sand shifted under them, going down as deep in the ammunition rooms and corridors as we could either with small candles or lamps with dying batteries, and bringing back anything we found. Old shells, cartridges, this and that. After storms we would rush to the beaches to see what new playground had been uncovered as the dunes shifted around.
When we uncovered a minefield I had enough good sense to tell the adults, thus betraying our illicit pastime. From then on we were never allowed unsupervised on the beaches.
Boy, when I think about that now my blood turns cold.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 440

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

In 5th or 6th grade, my buddy and I were lighting off BlackCat firecrackers on my back porch. When we ran out, we had a hearty pile off duds so we proceeded to pour gasoline on them and *poof* Nearly blew the house up with a hearty 2-1/2 story pillar of flame that lasted a good 10 minutes

Sidenote: this occurred during Fire Prevention Week at school Embarassed
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kids like Han that keep me busy when I'm not at my paying job.

jeff
sdg
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to ride a mattress down the staircase at home, or sometimes one of those inflatable pool floats. It was real dangerous only because as soon as you get to the bottom, you flew into a wall.

Also jumpped off the railing of the second story balcony inside our house to land on pillows or couches or inflatable mattresses etc. that were on the floor below.

One stupid thing that happened to me though (to make a long story short) I was watching my bro. play basketball with my face pressed up against one of the windows in the garage door (directly below the basketball hoop). He went for a long shot, and lobbed the miniaure-yet-very-hard-basketball toward the hoop? but instead hit the very pane my face was pressed against. The ball shattered the glass against my face as I also felt the impact of the basketball on my face. My mom was not home at the time and I rean inside to see if my nose had fallen off and found my face all cut up like a gorey movie. I decided at that moment to run to a friend/neighbor's house. I knocked on the door (looking very freddy-kruegar-ish (sp)) to find they were having a girlscout meeting inside. The looks on everyones' faces was actually pretty hilarious (but not at the time, of course). I dont have any scars from that, though, and very surprisingly no glass got in my eye. I guess that was more of an accident than something crazy I did as a kid.

There are many other stupid antics, but I cannot think of any at the time.

Oh yeah, my brother blew up his ear with a home-made firecracker once, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: