StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

[Poll] What crazy stuff did you do as a kid?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Firecrackers. We used to wrap the firecrackers up with Silly Puddy (It enhanced the explosion). Then we would stick it in a toy and blow them up.

Good times.
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back, I can't believe I didn't burn down our garage and our house. I also can't believe that I survived and still have all my limbs.

We (my idiot friends and I) made so many homemade bombs, rockets, and launch tubes. I seemed to have a natural respect for electricity, so I didn't have any problems there. Some of my stupider moments were spent with fire. I recall melting plastic swizzel sticks over our gas stove. Little black residue floated all over the house. I use to create hot air balloons with real fire as a heat source.

For a few days, I had stuck a large conduit pipe in my backyard, put about an inch or two of rocks in it, poured in any kind of flammable liquid I could get my hands on, then send down a match. The explosion would send the rocks flying.... onto the top of other neighbors houses. Eventually I started aiming the damn thing to only land on one neighbor's house. He even came over once and saw the tube in the yard right after a recent launch. I have no idea how I didn't get busted.

I use to jump off of my garage with cardboard wings and parachutes.

After all of that, and the only time I got badly hurt was while playing "touch" football - broke my arm. How weird.
s2u4me
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 5013

s2u4me is offline View user's profile Send private message s2u4me's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:44 pm   Post subject: Chesnut Fights Reply with quote

We (my brother and I) used to have chesnut ball fights, not the nut but the spiny shell.
We also have been in the ER in 9 different states.

Boys will be boys?
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I set a fire and burned the entire second floor off the house ... it's long story ...
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Do tell! :D
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

graywolf wrote:
I set a fire and burned the entire second floor off the house ... it's long story ...

What????? I second Cal's request, let's have the story!
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

... it's a long story... means you're going to tell, right? *Gets a nice cup of coffee...relaxes on the couch and gets ready to listen...*
Lieutenant

Member#: 472

Blue is offline View user's profile Send private message View Blue's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I my goodness, TJoebgen. If you're name were not off to the side as the author of that post, I could swear I was reading about my childhood!!

Homemade bombs and cannons using my dad's gunpowder that he had "hidden." My friends and I would aim our cannons at the local chicken farm. After I blew half my face off with the flash from a string of gunpowder, my pyro days were over. 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns on one half of my face and, miraculously, no scars to show it. When I looked in the mirror right after, it was just like on the cartoons: my face was all black and my hair was all burned and my eyebrows gone.

I broke my collar bone TWICE playing touch football, and used to jump off the roof of my house when I was just 6 years old. Also used to play Tarzan jumping onto a rope swing from a tower we built from wood scraps.
Altoid
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 413

Altoid is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Altoid's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:19 am   Post subject: yes please a story :-) Reply with quote

[quote="graywolf"]I set a fire and burned the entire second floor off the house ... it's long story ...[/quote]

that would be an interesting story indeed Smile

I only played with fire by lighting plastic forks and watching them drip with that sound they make. We were careful enough to do this outside in a concrete storm drain (pipe is about 4 feet in diameter so kids fit easily, could almost stand up)
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah - come on gray let's hear it
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually didn't do anything crazy or dumb as a kid. Now, if you want to talk college, that's a whole other story.
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so my friends and I had gotten hold of our first discarded Bic lighter. As luck would have it there was still fluid in it. So we proceeded to light everything we could on fire. paper, leaves, old plastic car models. We had a grand old time.

In an effort save money my parents had purchased a whole bunch of christmas wraping paper after the christmas closeout sale the previous year and stored it in the attic for later use. Now this was the old style wrapping paper with a glossy-waxy finish. Now when you burn this stuff it burns slowly and much interestingly due to the waxy coating. So I'm in my attic burning little pieces of the stuff when my sister comes up. In an effort not get caught I push the burning paper out of site and rush downstairs. So the small burning paper must have ignited something else and in less than 20 minutes the whole second floor of the house was a raging inferno requiring 4 firetrucks to put it out.

Needless to say I was grounded the entire rest of the summer.
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Grounded, that's it? I would have grounded you the entire year. Man I cannot imagine what my parents would have done to me. I got grounded for 6 weeks for making a C on my report card.
Lieutenant

Member#: 7603

socr8s is offline View user's profile Send private message View socr8s's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome gray. I'm surprised you weren't sent away. LOL.

Ok i regret doing this now but at the time i was a bit sadistic. I blew up frogs. Kinda sad now that i think about it.....but hey, i didn't hurt anyone did i?
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

socr8s wrote:
That's awesome gray. I'm surprised you weren't sent away. LOL.

Ok i regret doing this now but at the time i was a bit sadistic. I blew up frogs. Kinda sad now that i think about it.....but hey, i didn't hurt anyone did i?

You hurt the frogs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: