StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

[Poll] What makes the perfect SST user?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Altoid
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 413

Altoid is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Altoid's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:26 am   Post subject: [Poll] What makes the perfect SST user? Reply with quote

Note: Cut & Pasted from Chat _Except_ you read from top down! Smile

Altoid: What would make up the perfect SST user?
TJoebgen: *biting tongue to not say first thing that pops out of mouth* OUCH!
Altoid: that may be one attribute of a perfect SST User: Knows when to bite their tongue and NOT say anything
Altoid: One attribute = they donate (be it bandwidth, money, CDs, etc.)
Altoid: Another attribute = they _don't_ bring their soapbox with them and try to "convert" others to anything.
TJoebgen: Sounds like the beginning of a good forum thread, Altoid.
TJoebgen: Mine was "Sit down, Shut up, Pay and Listen."
Altoid: I suspect such a thread would include what a perfect SST user should _not_ be. Example: They should _not_ be psycho
Altoid: a completely silent SST user provides no entertainment
TJoebgen: Ah, the eternal conundrum of chat/message board life. The most active threads are the ones created or stirred by the troublemakers.
Altoid: there are more creative ways of keeping a chat alive, it's harder to do though. "Stirring the pot" is a quicker, easier, more seductive way of keeping a chat active.
Altoid: a user with no ambition? (i.e. they don't wanna be more than a user)
Altoid: a user whose requests are all over the map?
Altoid: a user with patience for those times when things go wacky (stream goes down, etc.)
TJoebgen: Well, let's break this down a bit. Does a SST user need to be in the chat room?
Altoid: I doubt a SST user needs to be in chat room -all-the-time-. There are days/weeks when it's just "turn on the stream and work" *shrug* Other days it's, how was it put, "diarrhea of the fingers"
TJoebgen: Well the site could be filled with sycophants, but even that gets boring after awhile. Human culture seems to require some conflict in order to keep things lively
Altoid: LOL "sycophant" = a servile self-seeking flatterer. Should the perfect SST user be an ass-kisser?
TJoebgen: Yeah, you know. They agree with everything you do and say. But, like I said, that gets boring quickly.
TJoebgen: A good SSTer should have the same qualities as a good conversationalist - I think.
Altoid: In my experience a good conversationalist = a good listener. A person who is not merely waiting for their turn to speak.
TJoebgen: Yes, and takes a real interest in what the other person is saying.
TJoebgen: As well as picking excellent tracks for the rest of us to listen to.
TJoebgen: A good conversationalist should also remember the details correctly.
Altoid: the perfect SST user should have the ability to laugh at themselves (since everyone else will at some point)
FrozenHan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 440

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

WOw that's a lot of words for early in the morning...will read after I wake up or someone can read it to me Razz
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden
Netherlands Emile
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1192

Emile is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Emile's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

the perfect sst-er would buy sst.com and put it on a radiostation in every country Smile
USA PeteC VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 3796

PeteC is offline View user's profile Send private message View PeteC's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

0. One who appreciates Jeric's great gift.

1. One who listens to it all the time.

2. One who encourages others to do so.

3. One who contributes to the site in
any number of ways.

4. One who listens and does everything
that Cocles says and likes it. Wink
good as good. Herein lies evil.
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A team player

Someone who shows some respect

The SST community has the feeling of a family to me, I think if people approach it with that in mind it's a good start.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like Pete has is right on #4. lol
plus one who helps out newbies to the site and
other members.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget "completely gay"... you can't be the perfect sst user without being completely gay. This is totally the gayest community I know of!
Wolf99
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 3543

Wolf99 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wolf99's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

one who says what he or she wants whenever he or she wants. You see, in the deep US south, you could shoot someone who said something you didn't like. That's why they go out of their way to be polite down there.
But on the internet, you can say whatever you want whenver you want. The best truth seeking instrument ever invented. Let's not let good manners get in the way.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf99 wrote:
You see, in the deep US south, you could shoot someone who said something you didn't like. That's why they go out of their way to be polite down there.

I've lived in the US south. They didn't shoot me when I said things that they didn't like.

Nobody said that people couldn't speak their minds, Wolf99. But just remember that you shouldn't get upset when people jump all over you if they didn't like what you said. That's the double-edged sword of completely uninhibited discourse.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf99 wrote:
But on the internet, you can say whatever you want whenver you want.

No you can't. That's why you've been banned from the chat twice (once by me and then again by Jeric himself).
Krul
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 6793

Krul is offline View user's profile Send private message Krul's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

android, where do u come up w this stuff?
USA goober
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 990

goober is offline View user's profile Send private message goober's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

the perfect sst user is someone who doesn't abuse the system, be it request or membership. they don't come to the site to play mindgames on other people. they don't stalk or hurt others. they appreciate jeric's generousity with his marvelous st collection. they respect the rules and don't constantly try to come up with ways to get around them.
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why was this thread bumped? This is easily one of the stupidest threads ever started.
Bagie
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 7592

Bagie is offline View user's profile Send private message Bagie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to help SST some day with contributing Smile For that...I need to wait some longer because I haven't got the moyens to do that now.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Even one moyen will help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: